Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] What An Amazing Day New ZR1 Is Delivered......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What An Amazing Day New ZR1 Is Delivered......

I'm so stoked I can barely type this and I promise pictures will follow soon I took like 100. This is my 6th Corvette (Other 5 are sold my last Vette was a 09 Z06).My 2010 Torch Red ZR1 was delivered right on time today by Intercity lines straight up at 10:00am exactly as promised. So here's my story:I ordered a 2010 ZR1 way back in August of 2009 from Les Stanford Chevrolet with Museum delivery had the VIN in hand and was ready to leave for Bowling Green in a couple of weeks. One week before the TPW week I changed my mind and decided to buy a 2010 GT3 instead. Les Stanford were great and I got my deposit back almost right away. So I'm driving the GT3 over the next 9 months and am not feeling it but I'm trying to get into it and its not working I'm missing that V8 torque.One day in November I decide to check out the Les Stanford website Corvette section and to my disbelief I see a Torch Red ZR1 with the same VIN I ordered so I sent an inquiry through the website. Next day I'm thinking no way this car was still available and was amazed when they got back saying"Yes we still have it sir WHAT!".I Immediately got on the phone and spoke with the Professor of deals the master of cool none other than Mr. Scott Montgomery GSM. So to make this story even longer I got one amazing deal on this new vehicle and the very best service I have ever received from a dealer.Scott Didn't answer when asked did you hold this car for me?Over the duration of those months owning the Porsche he would email me saying"I still have your car" I thought he meant the other red one. So here I am as I'm typing this looking at my ride and truly believe things happen for a reason.Thanks to Les Stanford Chevrolet Scott Montgomery and Dennis Tap and highly recommend them if your in the market for a Corvette and kudos to the Pros at Intercity Lines dreams do come true. Greg

Last edited by Torched; 12-18-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 614 Likes on 228 Posts

congrats. now you know you gotta post pics, right?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:42 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Great Story !!! Congrats on your new ride!!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 07:56 AM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back to the "dark side" of gas guzzlers!

Post some pic's...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Leroy Amy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Les Stanford Chev- "Scott Mongomery"

Originally Posted by Torched
I'm so stoked I can barely type this and I promise pictures will follow soon I took like 100. This is my 6th Corvette (Other 5 are sold my last Vette was a 09 Z06).My 2010 Torch Red ZR1 was delivered right on time today by Intercity lines straight up at 10:00am exactly as promised. So here's my story:I ordered a 2010 ZR1 way back in August of 2009 from Les Stanford Chevrolet with Museum delivery had the VIN in hand and was ready to leave for Bowling Green in a couple of weeks. One week before the TPW week I changed my mind and decided to buy a 2010 GT3 instead. Les Stanford were great and I got my deposit back almost right away. So I'm driving the GT3 over the next 9 months and am not feeling it but I'm trying to get into it and its not working I'm missing that V8 torque.One day in November I decide to check out the Les Stanford website Corvette section and to my disbelief I see a Torch Red ZR1 with the same VIN I ordered so I sent an inquiry through the website. Next day I'm thinking no way this car was still available and was amazed when they got back saying"Yes we still have it sir WHAT!".I Immediately got on the phone and spoke with the Professor of deals the master of cool none other than Mr. Scott Montgomery GSM. So to make this story even longer I got one amazing deal on this new vehicle and the very best service I have ever received from a dealer.Scott Didn't answer when asked did you hold this car for me?Over the duration of those months owning the Porsche he would email me saying"I still have your car" I thought he meant the other red one. So here I am as I'm typing this looking at my ride and truly believe things happen for a reason.Thanks to Les Stanford Chevrolet Scott Montgomery and Dennis Tap and highly recommend them if your in the market for a Corvette and kudos to the Pros at Intercity Lines dreams do come true. Greg
This is "1" Great Dealership and you did deal with the Best (Scott Mongomery) I dealt with Scott thru out the winter on buying a new ZR1, never pushed me or negelected me, informed me of new arrivals, and always dropped me a line to keep me informed, deals were always the Good.
To make story short, I ended up buying one from local dealer 50 miles away, so shipping was not an issue and the price was a No Brainer, My next Corvette will be from them, Hopefully From Scott himself.
Great Dealership And "Great Manager".
Respectfully,
Leroy Amy
Old 12-18-2010, 08:29 AM
vara
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pedat to the Metal

Dude, rock that ZR1!! Best decision you ever made!!

TRY to keep it under 100!

Last edited by vara; 12-18-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 12-18-2010, 08:32 AM
vara
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I meant "Pedal to the Metal"

Originally Posted by vara
Dude, rock that ZR1!! Best decision you ever made!!

TRY to keep it under 100!
woops I meant to title "Pedal to the Metal"
Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Tom's_03SVT
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

pictures or it didnt happen.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:42 AM
intercity lines
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Torched,

Greg,

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear your ZR1 arrived safe and sound. Again thank you for considering Intercity Lines for your ZR1 transport, we appreciated your business when we transported your GT3 and thank you again for allowing us to help with the transport of your ZR1. If you are in the market for another toy down the rode please feel free to contact us.

Thanks again,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com
Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That's awesome. Enjoy it man.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:51 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,655 Likes on 1,754 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT
pictures or it didnt happen.
Looks like it in his Avatar

Congrats Greg! Enjoy the ZR1 and don't forget to post your Builder in the LS9 Sticky
Old 12-18-2010, 09:58 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,131 Likes on 732 Posts

It appears that LS treated you very well considering that you left them with a museum delivered car that had to be trucked separately up to Dearborn. No ill will at all apparent from LS. Congrats on the new ride and welcome back to vettedom torque!!!! My ZR1 should be off the line on Monday with NCM delivery sometime in Jan.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Here are some pictures as promised it was a rainy day but it didn't matter I'm still smiling. enjoy

Old 12-18-2010, 12:19 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

do you still have the GT3?
That would be a great combination of cars...almost pulled the trigger on a white 2010 Gt3, but instead ordered my 2011 white Zr1 and don't regret it!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:40 PM
toy 4 ray
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, now make plans to so to Spring Mountain for your two free days of ZR1 training. You will have a great time there, plus you can drive their ZR1's like you won't drive yours!!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM
m R g S r
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

o man i'd be scared of the car falling off the tailgate of that truck!

car looks great!!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Leroy Amy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Torch Red Is "Hot", Enjoy your new ride.

Get notified of new replies

To What An Amazing Day New ZR1 Is Delivered......

Old 12-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by intercity lines
Torched,

Greg,

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear your ZR1 arrived safe and sound. Again thank you for considering Intercity Lines for your ZR1 transport, we appreciated your business when we transported your GT3 and thank you again for allowing us to help with the transport of your ZR1. If you are in the market for another toy down the rode please feel free to contact us.

Thanks again,
Jim
Intercity Lines
www.intercitylines.com
Thanks Jim,Twice in one year that's a 1st for me. Great job and the team of Bill and Virgina Duran were very nice and delivered right on time like promised.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 05dsom
do you still have the GT3?
That would be a great combination of cars...almost pulled the trigger on a white 2010 Gt3, but instead ordered my 2011 white Zr1 and don't regret it!
Hello the GT3 is sold and yes I've booked my complimentary 2 day driving school with Spring Mountain the 1st week of March. I'll try very hard to book the 3rd if I can come up with the cash. Thanks to all the others who posted here so far with all the well wishes. Today she is getting an amazing detail. Just need the rain to stop. Greg
Old 12-18-2010, 06:01 PM
rick7913
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! What a hot looking car, let us know how the driving school experience.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] What An Amazing Day New ZR1 Is Delivered......