Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Venting to my ZO6 brothers

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:10 PM
carnutsx2
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I just let people like that pass me by, why in the world would you let anyone make you have a bad day. If I get stuck next to them I make sure that I have a way out and If they roll down the window , nod then look away- you wouldn't talk **** to a guy in a bar but when people are in a car they become 10' tall and bullet proof.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM
fivefingerdeathpunch
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happen to me and wife awhile back this tool kept brake checking me he'd slow down and speed up so i pass him. and it **** him off i got off the freeway and with in to the store and left my wife in the car when i came out this guy had follow us there and was at the car window talking zhit to her i came up behind him and tap on the shoulder and when he turn around i cold **** that SOB. i look at his friend in his car and ask him if he wanted some. i then got back in the car and drove home the cops came by 2 hours later and arrest me i was in jail for about 5 hours and my wife came and bail me out i end up going to court and the guy said i attack him for no reason i end up paying for all his dental bills $1800.00 and the court cost but i tell you what my family off limits and i do it again. and the anger management hasn't done any good when azz hats and scumbags are concern
Old 12-11-2010, 05:48 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Originally Posted by fivefingerdeathpunch
Same thing happen to me and wife awhile back this tool kept brake checking me he'd slow down and speed up so i pass him. and it **** him off i got off the freeway and with in to the store and left my wife in the car when i came out this guy had follow us there and was at the car window talking zhit to her i came up behind him and tap on the shoulder and when he turn around i cold **** that SOB. i look at his friend in his car and ask him if he wanted some. i then got back in the car and drove home the cops came by 2 hours later and arrest me i was in jail for about 5 hours and my wife came and bail me out i end up going to court and the guy said i attack him for no reason i end up paying for all his dental bills $1800.00 and the court cost but i tell you what my family off limits and i do it again. and the anger management hasn't done any good when azz hats and scumbags are concern
Old 12-11-2010, 06:23 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

An incident like that could have happened no matter what you were driving. Forget about it. All kinds of nuts out there.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:27 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JJC5
Now that's a real good solution. Just think if all the jerks out there thought the same way.

To the O.P.,
Kudos’ to you for handling that the way you did. Maybe he thought you passed him on the left to provoke something rather than to avoid an incident? It sure is clear though that there are more horses asses than there are horses.
Well, think about it this way. Car-jackers kill the occupant a VERY high percentage of the time.

I'd rather be armed than not. Doesn't mean you are looking to use that armament, it just means that you aren't planning on throwing yourself at the mercy of a psychopath with no recourse for action.

OP: You know yourself better than anyone else. If you don't think you are capable of controlling your emotion enough to carry, don't. If you are, I highly recommend it.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Hogwild
Drifting

c.h.gun law in texas get one.
typical armed white person
Old 12-11-2010, 06:58 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Hogwild
c.h.gun law in texas get one.
typical armed white person
I think everyone of sound mind who feels confident doing so should carry. Think of how much less crime we would have if every criminal minded person knew that every non-criminal minded person had a firearm?
Old 12-11-2010, 11:47 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by fivefingerdeathpunch
Good for you (Sorry about the aftermath, but that's our society today). I have always felt that if more of these pukes had ever had a masterful asswhipping, as you provided, then they would shape up...or just get used to having the $hit stomped out of them on a regular basis...
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by BSSN
I think everyone of sound mind who feels confident doing so should carry. Think of how much less crime we would have if every criminal minded person knew that every non-criminal minded person had a firearm?
1000% Should be mandatory, like Kenasaw (sp?) GA did many years ago!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:45 AM
HeyDanNiceShot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

"An armed society is a polite society."

I also believe the charges for carrying a firearm without a proper permit should be EXTREMELY harsh. Permitted carriers = law abiding citizens. We're not the ones you need to worry about.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:31 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, think about it this way. Car-jackers kill the occupant a VERY high percentage of the time.

OP: You know yourself better than anyone else. If you don't think you are capable of controlling your emotion enough to carry, don't. If you are, I highly recommend it.
Well worded, I'm taking the weekend to think about this statment.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 AM
hiznhrz
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

There was time in my life when backing down from a confrontation was just not going to happen. The Marine Corps has a way of exposing you to circumstances most anyone would be fearful of and as such I learned to deal with pretty much any situation confidently. I grew up and my strength was more than just physical. Seldom does a week go by where I don't meet one or more of every cities arrogant and disrespectful punks. While walking (or driving) away may still be the right thing to do, it can be a very humbling experience.

To the original poster, I feel for you. I am confronted too often just because I drive a Corvette. It's always unexpected; I'm out enjoying my good fortune. Recently, I too find my self questioning what is the best course of action.

In my mind, buying and carrying a gun just appears to be a simple solution. I've walked the streets of places where the good guys and the bad guys all look the same; where your only protection is to assume everyone is armed and a threat to your well being. This is not the answer.

Compared to other places, the choice of owning and driving a Corvette is proof that as a nation we are still blessed. Our future, however, is uncertain. Respect is no longer taught or a requirement of our schools, anywhere in public, or in the workplace. I believe the only place anymore a kid or young adult is taught a lasting lesson in respect is in our military. Disrespectful kids become adults that care for nothing and no one. Even if our let's "Major on the Minor" congress were to pass a law where everyone had to serve our country, things would not change overnight. Until something good happens, I've decided I'll equalize my chances with Kimbers LA98001 Pepper Blaster II.

Last edited by hiznhrz; 12-12-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Balducci70
Instructor

Originally Posted by sabastian458
Not a C6Z owner, but a C5Z. I keep a loaded .40 in the arm rest.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by carnutsx2
I just let people like that pass me by, why in the world would you let anyone make you have a bad day. If I get stuck next to them I make sure that I have a way out and If they roll down the window , nod then look away- you wouldn't talk **** to a guy in a bar but when people are in a car they become 10' tall and bullet proof.
My 5'7 and 150# and proven to be non-bulletproof former roommate had a similar mindset.

He flipped a guy off who had cut him off. Followed him into a parking-lot, and got out of his car. So did the other, 6'4, 275#, Former line-backer looking guy. The ego was crushed, and my former roommate ran to his car car and sped off. Lesson learned. Sometimes, you just need to let it go.

Last edited by BSSN; 12-12-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
Well worded, I'm taking the weekend to think about this statment.
Good call. If you decide to go for it, a CCW course where I live is about 8 hours of your time, and $2-300 in fee's including licensure, as I recall. I am sure it varys.

Then you have the weapon, which I would recommend a Glock, or something else that suites your taste in the $4-600 range (don't buy a Hi-point is all I am saying, I am sure it could devolve into a debate about Glock, S&W, whatever. I'm just saying don't trust cheap junk is all). A good belt and holster togather should run you another $150 or so.

Yes, you need a good belt. Yes, you need a good holoster.

I carry with an MTAC and Wilderness Instructor belt. Glock 19 w/factory night-sights. It conceals VERY well and gives me 16 rounds of 9mm +P+ ready to go.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You are a good man, handled that incident with class. In my field there is a saying "people will do anything".
Be safe and God bless you.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:47 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jimmy Z
You are a good man, handled that incident with class. In my field there is a saying "people will do anything". Be safe and God bless you.
In my field, we have proof. It's in the GI lab. It's a shelf called "Things we have removed".

People will do anything. To others, themselves, things. Always try to turn away harsh actions with soft words, but understand that sometimes words go unheeded, warnings go unnoticed, and at the end of the day, only one individual gets to go home. Make sure it's you.

Get notified of new replies

To Venting to my ZO6 brothers

Old 12-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

In my field, we have proof. It's in the GI lab. It's a shelf called "Things we have removed".

People will do anything. To others, themselves, things. Always try to turn away harsh actions with soft words, but understand that sometimes words go unheeded, warnings go unnoticed, and at the end of the day, only one individual gets to go home. Make sure it's you.
Well said my friend.................
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM
dstiger
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Quake-
funny thing here- I thought I would post up about a month ago, almost the exact same thing happened to me.

I ended up pulling over, (which in hind sight may have been a bad idea) and the guy was completely mental- ranting and raving about how I passed him, and he kept mentioning the color and type of Chevrolet I was driving.

I like to think most all people are rational. But that may be a dangerous conclusion to reach.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM
From C6ZO62C8
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I thought only Miami had people like that. Glad ended up without incident. Best to just stay way back when they pass like that, everyone has a gun now a days. Stay safe

Quick Reply: [Z06] Venting to my ZO6 brothers