Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dry Sump Fill Cap Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:22 PM
marcar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dry Sump Fill Cap Stuck

Changing the oil and cannot get the fill cap removed. I turned it about 180 degrees and would have to force it to turn further. Is the cap fully threaded on or do you feel for a detent and tug off? Silly question but don't want to have to replace it.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Joe C5
Racer

No threads. Probably just a little stuck. Wiggle it some and it shoud come out.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
marcar
Racer

Many thanks for the advice The cap is under a lot of back pressure and it literally popped up into my hand as I was wiggling it free.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,121 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by marcar
Changing the oil and cannot get the fill cap removed. I turned it about 180 degrees and would have to force it to turn further. Is the cap fully threaded on or do you feel for a detent and tug off? Silly question but don't want to have to replace it.
After 180 degrees, you are at the detent and it should now come off. Might need to wiggle it a little. There is an o-ring underneath the cap to seal and it must be a little balky. It is not fully threaded.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 PM
marcar
Racer

Thanks for all your help

Cap removed. This is my first oil change with a dry sump system but it's still pretty straight forward. I have the car up on Race Ramps up front and roll ups at the rear. The front ramps are the 67", two piece and I am using the Xtenders as well. I highly recommend these products. The rear ramps allow me clearance to roll my floor jack with cross beam adaptor in place to the desired chassis support location. I like to jack up the rear so it's level with the front allowing better oil drainage.

Get notified of new replies

To Dry Sump Fill Cap Stuck

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dry Sump Fill Cap Stuck