Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Introducing the DashTronix Radar Projector™: Display your Valentine 1™ on your HUD!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Location: Display your V1 radar detector on your HUD or DIC! www.DashTronix.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing the DashTronix Radar Projector™: Display your Valentine 1™ on your HUD!

announces a completely unique and revolutionary new product unlike anything yet seen for the sixth generation Corvette! Introducing the novel Radar Projector™. Now, in HUD equipped vehicles, you can have your Valentine 1™ radar detector information displayed on your HUD!

The tiny Radar Projector™ comes with everything you need right out of the box. It plugs into your car at the OBD-II port under the steering column with the included cable. It automatically controls the power to your Valentine 1™, using the telephone cord included with your Valentine 1™, by sensing when you turn your engine on and off without the need for tapping fuses, wires or using the lighter outlet. With its incredible efficiency and intelligence it's designed to be left plugged in to your car at all times. We have a solution for users that have something already plugged into the OBD-II port. There is an additional proprietary splitter that allows two devices to be plugged into the OBD-II port at the same time, which is available at the time of purchase. That way you can use both devices simultaneously. The Radar Projector™ is truly 100% plug-and-play! The Radar Projector™ is compatible with all model years of the C6 Corvette, 2005-2011.

The install instructions are available on our website.
Here is the link - DashTronix Radar Projector installation instructions

All information from your Valentine 1™ is transferred to the HUD so you don't have to take your eyes off the road to have radar situational awareness. There is simply nothing else like the Radar Projector™ available! At $229.95, the Radar Projector™ is an amazing value!

For more information or to order your Radar Projector™, visit http://www.dashtronix.com. Units are in stock and ready to ship!

Accelerate your Corvette through the 21st century. Get the Radar Projector™ today! There's nothing else like it in the world.

Last edited by DashTronix; 03-30-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Love it!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
32DUECE
Instructor

This is a must have....
Old 10-06-2010, 04:49 PM
0Adam at RSI
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I kindoff want to yank my 9500CI out and get this!!!!!!!

SO COOL
Old 10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by Adam at RSI
I kindoff want to yank my 9500CI out and get this!!!!!!!

SO COOL
Having the radar alert updates in the HUD allows you to have full radar situational awareness without taking your eyes off the road.

Thank you very much for the compliment!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

very
Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 AM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by Bluewasp
very
Originally Posted by 32DUECE
This is a must have....
Originally Posted by obzidian
Love it!
Thank your very much for the compliments!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:57 AM
PaintballaXX
Pro

Are you the same guy who was developing this on radardetector.net or are you selling his finished work?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,772 Likes on 971 Posts

Very nice, looks like a great product.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Very cool to see you guys get this on the market. I was excited when you told me about it. Congrats on the accomplishment and I am sure this will be a big seller.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,194 Posts

Default This looks great............

..............but I do have a question. Does this require a built in hard wired installation of the V-1 in the C-6, or can it be used with a temp location/suction cup mount? I use my V-1 in several different cars and want to maintain that flexibility.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,166 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
..............but I do have a question. Does this require a built in hard wired installation of the V-1 in the C-6, or can it be used with a temp location/suction cup mount? I use my V-1 in several different cars and want to maintain that flexibility.
The kit requires the V1 be connected to the box in order to operate. But it uses the same RJ11 (phone connector) cable that the V1 normally uses. So, just like you do now, you can wire the RJ11 cable up to the box that you've stuffed into your footwell, and leave the V1 mount where ever you currently have it. When you want to move the V1 to another car, disconnect the RJ11 at the V1 end, and remove the device.

jas
Old 10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by tuxnharley

Thanks!
Originally Posted by jvp
The kit requires the V1 be connected to the box in order to operate. But it uses the same RJ11 (phone connector) cable that the V1 normally uses. So, just like you do now, you can wire the RJ11 cable up to the box that you've stuffed into your footwell, and leave the V1 mount where ever you currently have it. When you want to move the V1 to another car, disconnect the RJ11 at the V1 end, and remove the device.

jas
Hi Jas,

You are correct.

You can use any V1 mount that you would like. The V1 will be connected to the RP with the black telephone cable that came in the V1 kit. So as long as you can get from your V1 to the RP box with that cable you fine with where ever you choose to mount the V1.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by DashTronix
You can use any V1 mount that you would like. The V1 will be connected to the RP with the black telephone cable that came in the V1 kit. So as long as you can get from your V1 to the RP box with that cable you fine with where ever you choose to mount the V1.
Order placed 30 minutes ago. :-)

Now to get to Rat Shack and get another black RJ11 cable...

jas
Old 10-07-2010, 02:39 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

I like it !!! Now I need a V1 to go with it.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
DashTronix
Racer

Originally Posted by jvp

jas
Jas,

We have found that not all telephone cords are created equal, and that lower quality phone cords do not work with the Valentine 1 radar detector. It is not an issue with the Radar Projector but the telephone cable itself. The lower quality cables dont provide a solid enough connection for the V1.

We recommend buying the telephone power cable directly from Valentine 1 if you need one, in order to eliminate any chance of having issue with the V1 to RP connection.

Last edited by DashTronix; 10-07-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Sativa
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet, now I know what to ask the wife to get me for Christmas!

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing the DashTronix Radar Projector™: Display your Valentine 1™ on your HUD!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:30 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jvp

jas
No need to get an additional cable. The kit comes with a cable (to go from OBD II to the conversion box) and your V1 came with two cables (one coiled and one flat ribbon cable). Just use the flat ribbon cable to hardwire the unit in the ZR1 and use the coiled cable in other vehicles.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by petefias
Just use the flat ribbon cable to hardwire the unit in the ZR1 and use the coiled cable in other vehicles.
You're making the fatal assumption I know where those cables are. As I told the folks from DashTronix, I've had this same V1 unit since '96. Cables have been... lost, misplaced, destroyed, thrown out, etc, over the years. :-)

jas
Old 10-07-2010, 09:31 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Your extra cable is right next to your spare suction cups for the V1 stashed away in your secret hideaway.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Introducing the DashTronix Radar Projector™: Display your Valentine 1™ on your HUD!