Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The Neighbor (Long story)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Nick 02 Z06
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default The Neighbor (Long story)

I pulled the car out this afternoon to give it a long needed bath. As I start washing the front right wheel the neighbor comes out and says, “Wash day huh?’ I tell her yes, it’s been a few months since the last time and it’s pretty dirty. Then she tells me that she didn’t know if the loud noise she heard was her water heater going out or my loud car. As usual, I apologize for my loud car and attempt to continue what I was doing.

Keep in mind that every time this woman addresses me, it has something to do with how loud my car is. One of the exhaust actuators had gone bad and the flaps wouldn’t close but now it’s fixed and it’s alot quieter. I only drive the car once a weekend and I wait until after 0830 before I pull it out of the garage. Before these people bought the house, they asked me about the neighborhood and I warned them that my car was a little loud. I had a feeling that it may be a problem for her and especially when I noticed all of the Obama for president stickers all over her mini van. The rest of the neighbors have told me that it’s not a problem for them. I honestly don’t mean to disturb anyone.

The woman then continues to talk about how loud my car is and how sensitive to noise she is. I’m started to get slightly irritated and I tell her, not to worry because I will be deployed to Afghanistan very soon and plan to move once I return so she won’t have to deal with my noise much longer. I then tell her one more time that I’m very sorry about how loud my car is. She continues with her rant. I finally tell her that I would rather not speak to her anymore.

The woman responds by trying to tell me that, “this is not an attack”. I say, “If that were true then you wouldn’t tell me how loud my car is every time you address me”. The woman walks over toward me and starts talking about how she didn’t mean to come off that way and she wants to invite me and my wife over for a barbeque. I tell her that she can invite my wife over once I leave. She then tries to explain her comments about my car. That’s when I say, “Look, this car is the one thing that I have and the one thing that I really enjoy. After more than 19 years of fighting for this country, I continue to fight for it because I know what it means to be free and I feel that I’ve earned the right to make a little noise”.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:25 PM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Good for you. Some people cannot be saved from their own insufferable behaviors and need to be put in their place.

Are you stationed at Pendleton? I was born there and enjoyed my visit many moons ago.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Just do a long burnout in front of her house at midnight and tell her that's what real noise is. Good luck, and good luck on your mission.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:37 PM
El Paso Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Thank you for your service to our country!! God Bless America.

Please move next door to me if you are posted to Ft. Bliss when you get back in the States.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
rattt g
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick 02 Z06
I pulled the car out this afternoon to give it a long needed bath. As I start washing the front right wheel the neighbor comes out and says, “Wash day huh?’ I tell her yes, it’s been a few months since the last time and it’s pretty dirty. Then she tells me that she didn’t know if the loud noise she heard was her water heater going out or my loud car. As usual, I apologize for my loud car and attempt to continue what I was doing.

Keep in mind that every time this woman addresses me, it has something to do with how loud my car is. One of the exhaust actuators had gone bad and the flaps wouldn’t close but now it’s fixed and it’s alot quieter. I only drive the car once a weekend and I wait until after 0830 before I pull it out of the garage. Before these people bought the house, they asked me about the neighborhood and I warned them that my car was a little loud. I had a feeling that it may be a problem for her and especially when I noticed all of the Obama for president stickers all over her mini van. The rest of the neighbors have told me that it’s not a problem for them. I honestly don’t mean to disturb anyone.

The woman then continues to talk about how loud my car is and how sensitive to noise she is. I’m started to get slightly irritated and I tell her, not to worry because I will be deployed to Afghanistan very soon and plan to move once I return so she won’t have to deal with my noise much longer. I then tell her one more time that I’m very sorry about how loud my car is. She continues with her rant. I finally tell her that I would rather not speak to her anymore.

The woman responds by trying to tell me that, “this is not an attack”. I say, “If that were true then you wouldn’t tell me how loud my car is every time you address me”. The woman walks over toward me and starts talking about how she didn’t mean to come off that way and she wants to invite me and my wife over for a barbeque. I tell her that she can invite my wife over once I leave. She then tries to explain her comments about my car. That’s when I say, “Look, this car is the one thing that I have and the one thing that I really enjoy. After more than 19 years of fighting for this country, I continue to fight for it because I know what it means to be free and I feel that I’ve earned the right to make a little noise”.
screw her make all the noise you can when you get back
be safe and thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 07:04 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Nick,

I too served this country for many years, but it does not give me the right to make noise and disturb the peace. You should stop annoying your poor neighbor with all the cam sound through those fusions. How do you like that, coming from another armed forces brother?

Dude just kidding, screw her and her sensitive ears. If she doesn't like it then SHE can move. My neighbors never complain about my many late night or early morning nascar blast and if they did, I wouldn't care.

Here are the cool things about my community: we have a few guys with loud Lambos, Porsches and super loud high pitched exhaust Bimmers (M5's)...so I guess they are used to it.

The kids here are crazy insane about the vette, it just something about that deep sounding sound that attracks them. Whenever they're out playing and I come out, all activies stop until I'm gone.

Oh yeah, do not eat or drink any food from her, she may be trying to mess you up

Thanks,
Carlos...AKA, the real bully
Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for your service. It's appreciated.
Stay safe!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Show her what loud is and add some electric cut-outs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgP3HvdXcoo

Last edited by DaOtherOne; 07-02-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
ZPO
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
Thanks for your service. It's appreciated.
Stay safe!

Good grief, what does she do when you mow the grass???
Old 07-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Thank you for your service!

That sound? It's the sound of freedom!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:26 PM
QwikC
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe a pair of earplugs for her for Xmas?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to you.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Then she tells me that she didn’t know if the loud noise she heard was her water heater going out or my loud car..

Keep in mind that every time this woman addresses me, it has something to do with how loud my car is.

The woman then continues to talk about how loud my car is and how sensitive to noise she is.

The woman responds by trying to tell me that, “this is not an attack”. I say, “If that were true then you wouldn’t tell me how loud my car is every time you address me”. ”.

Demonstrate real noise by Doing a burnout on her driveway.

z06 noise is the sound of freedom.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 07-02-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
hotrodwest
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your service to our country. I think you handled it well and showed more restraint than I would have.
I have a nitro burning top fuel dragster that I fire up in my drive way when ever I feel like it. My nearest neighbor is about a mile away and other neighbors say they can hear it three miles away. No complaints though. I just invite them up to smell the nitro.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Well done! Now forget about it and focus on staying safe. Sincere thanks for your service.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, move up here and we'll go on some tasty mountain drives and nasty training rides....Vineman Ironman next year I think.......u in?

Stay safe!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Bud Meyer
Instructor

Default Loud

First off...I say THANK YOU for you devotion and service to our Country And if the noise is a problem...she either needs to re locate or shut up because we don't like the noise she makes. She wouldn't like living to me, My GTO and Harley are much louder then the Z. And I go to work at 03:00 five days a week. Thank you Sir, Respectfully, Bud

Get notified of new replies

To The Neighbor (Long story)

Old 07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Moss
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If her biggest worry and annoyance in life, is how loud your car is, she should be thankful to people like you for how lucky she is.....

How many people in this world would be happy to be annoyed only once a week by someone starting their car!

Thanks for your service.... stay safe
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
css60
Instructor

She's got an Obama sticker on a minivan, is so sensative to noise, so you know she's a loon. But what I picked up is that she never mentioned to thank you for your service. Typical...

F her, and thank you.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:57 PM
ianslt1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell her to lace up some boots strap on a rifle and defend her country like you do so we can continue to have the freedoms we enjoy that many in the world do not. Thanks for you service and best of luck to you!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] The Neighbor (Long story)