Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tire that LOOK like OEM tire size.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 AM
IsItFast
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tire that LOOK like OEM tire size.

After spending the better half of the day on here trying to find what is the "best" tire available for my Z; I am still at a loss.

Essentially I am looking for a tire that has about the same sidewall height as the Goodyears but I do NOT want another set of these things. My main concern has turned to looks since it seems all options have their advantages/disadvantages. I was considering going with oversize PS2's but not sure I want something oversize since my car is lowered. And it seems you HAVE to get the Invo's in 345 in order for them to be close to the same width as the 325 GY. So I may just dish out the cash and go with the ZP's in stock form since they seem to stock size. (or are they?)

Really looking for the best all around tire that I can still get some decent tread life out of without giving my car a 4x4 look. So if you have an opinion on tires or have pics of your "oversize" tires post some pics to convince me that it is the best look.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
RoatanMan
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from the GY's to the Bridgestones to the PS2's stock front size but 345 rear... I did raise my rear up a little since my car is on coilovers, I really like the look of the 345\275 mix; more aggressive...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

The OEM Goodyears run very "large" for their size, both in actual dimension and appearance. Any other set of 275/325s will look a little smaller in that the actual tread width will be narrower, albeit the same height.

If you want the same or better look try 285/345s.

I've run the OEM tires, PS2s in 275/345, and PS2 ZPs in 275/325. I think the latter are the best in all respects for driving, but the 345 rears did look good.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
IsItFast
Instructor

I feel that the edges of the Goodyears are overly square (I like). Therefor they fill out the wells quite well. On my C5 Z I had the car lowered on stock bolts with the factory Goodyears and loved the way it looked. Went to a Kumho which had a more rounded edge and it made the tires look too small. So I ended up lowering my car about another half an inch to get it back to "normal". I am trying to avoid this with the new one as I don't really want to go any lower since I am on stock bolts.

I'm really leaning to the PS2's but may have to keep stock size on the front and live with the occasional DIC message from having 345's on the rear. I have only found one pic of the 295's on the front and they seemed a little large to me.

Last edited by IsItFast; 06-28-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 PM
El Paso Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I just put Bridgestone Potenza RFT tires and could not be happier. $2,100 out the door with a 4 wheel alignment ($100) the dealer matched Discount Tire. Ride is vastly improved and better planted than the OEM. I have 13,500 on the car and the last 1,500 on the Bridgestones. You will not be disappointed if you are looking for a run flat.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Invos......

Originally Posted by IsItFast
After spending the better half of the day on here trying to find what is the "best" tire available for my Z; I am still at a loss.

Essentially I am looking for a tire that has about the same sidewall height as the Goodyears but I do NOT want another set of these things. My main concern has turned to looks since it seems all options have their advantages/disadvantages. I was considering going with oversize PS2's but not sure I want something oversize since my car is lowered. And it seems you HAVE to get the Invo's in 345 in order for them to be close to the same width as the 325 GY. So I may just dish out the cash and go with the ZP's in stock form since they seem to stock size. (or are they?)

Really looking for the best all around tire that I can still get some decent tread life out of without giving my car a 4x4 look. So if you have an opinion on tires or have pics of your "oversize" tires post some pics to convince me that it is the best look.
...Hey im picky, i was hesitant about what size to purchase because of all the things i "heard"....i bought nitto invos in stock tire sizes...love them, everything about them is great, yes including the fitment....really
Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 AM
CallawayC
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by IsItFast
I feel that the edges of the Goodyears are overly square (I like). Therefor they fill out the wells quite well. On my C5 Z I had the car lowered on stock bolts with the factory Goodyears and loved the way it looked. Went to a Kumho which had a more rounded edge and it made the tires look too small. So I ended up lowering my car about another half an inch to get it back to "normal". I am trying to avoid this with the new one as I don't really want to go any lower since I am on stock bolts.

I'm really leaning to the PS2's but may have to keep stock size on the front and live with the occasional DIC message from having 345's on the rear. I have only found one pic of the 295's on the front and they seemed a little large to me.
I still don't understand what people mean when they refer to the random DIC message due to 345's. I've been running PS2's ( 345's rear ) for the past 4 months now and have not yet once seen this message appear...?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
IsItFast
Instructor

I should probably also note a small concern of mine with running 345's on the rear is I am running half inch Pfadt spacers at all 4 corners. Right now the rears are pretty much flush with the body so with a wider tire/taller tire I could see it possibly hitting the body. But if they aren't as square then it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't ever make anything "easy" in my world.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Any pics of your car with the spacers?? I like the flush look and have never seen that on a Z.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
IsItFast
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ
Any pics of your car with the spacers?? I like the flush look and have never seen that on a Z.
Here is one of my car that shows the rear.

More images can be seen on my personal page here.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire that LOOK like OEM tire size.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tire that LOOK like OEM tire size.