Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Does anyone have these????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:19 AM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Does anyone have these????????

I've seen these on a well known auction site and thought they look good but the price seems low for 2 racing seats in "real" leather.

Their made by Yonaka of Canada and the model is Samurai.

Has anyone here bought and used them? I'd like to here any comments you have.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Saw them also..I like the ones with the faux Carbon Fiber trim and red stitch.. I wonder about the quality. ummm. To good to be true and you get what ya pay for I guess? If you get them let us know.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Fhqwhgads
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a lot of knock off/cheap seats out there. I wouldn't risk getting in an accident with them though. I had a friend who put a car into a wall with a known "low cost" brand and the seat deformed very badly. I'd hate to think of what happends to an unknown, even cheaper brand.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Kaldar
Instructor

You drive a Z06...

Why would you put some crappy knock off seats in your car that WILL compromise the safety of your life.

Do it right and get a seat thats made by a company that KNOWS a thing or two about making safe equipment. IE Sparco / Recaro... ETC

And yes, you get what you pay for. Its very true in the automobile business, NEVER will you find something thats cheaper and just as good and/or worth a damn.

The build quality of that seat must be extremely poor, i even think Corbeau seats have poor build quality but they are about as cheap as i would go for a seat in ANY of my cars... whether it be a honda civic or my Z06. I may as not have as much money as some of you guys but that doesn't stop me from doing it right, leave it stock or do it right is the way i see it.

Last edited by Kaldar; 06-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:37 PM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads
There are a lot of knock off/cheap seats out there. I wouldn't risk getting in an accident with them though. I had a friend who put a car into a wall with a known "low cost" brand and the seat deformed very badly. I'd hate to think of what happends to an unknown, even cheaper brand.
Originally Posted by Kaldar
You drive a Z06...
Why would you put some crappy knock off seats in your car that WILL compromise the safety of your life.
You both are 100% right and I wasn't aware that seats being advertised as "Race Seats" wouldn't be build to a certain safety standard. I guess the price and being unknown should have keyed me in. I appreciate the advise and would like to hear what seats work best for comfort and high speed driving for under $2K?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Kaldar
Instructor

First and most important question... what are you using the car for?

Second question... reclining or fixed back? i personally prefer fixed back for both daily driving AND racing
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kaldar
First and most important question... what are you using the car for?

Second question... reclining or fixed back? i personally prefer fixed back for both daily driving AND racing
Sorry for the late response.

1. HPDE
2. My seat now is always as far back as it can go but would like to be able to access the back compartment area too.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Kaldar
Instructor

By back compartment do you mean the hatch / trunk area or the area directly behind the seat?

I'm still using stock seats in mine (for now) but when its time, i will probably use the Sparco Evo 2. I run these in my 550hp road race mustang and LOVE them. I used to daily drive my mustang for a while too with those seats, even a 4 hour road trip. Very comfortable seats.

The only downside, which IMO is NOT a downside but to some it may be is that its not able to recline. You can adjust the angle of the seat and the height of the seat.

If the car is used only for HPDEs and spirited driving, i would just use the above mentioned Sparco Evo 2 seats or something similar.

I'm 5'8 and 160lbs and the Evo 2 fits me 'loosely' which i like, i don't want to feel crammed into a seat.

I don't have much hands on experience outside of Sparco seats although i did run some Corbeaus a while back, but they were in my car for less than a week. I was using the LG1, which is a reclining seat and not only did it not fit me or my girlfriend well at all... it just sucked for overall support too. Sold them and got myself another set of sparcos, which i should of done in the first place.

I've heard the Corbeau FX1 pro is a nice seat though, probably the only corbeau i would ever try again.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

sparco torinos are 1100-1200 for the set...and they function well as both a track and dd seat.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 AM
ArmySpeedFreek
Pro

Will the LG1 even fit in a C6?

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone have these????????

Quick Reply: [Z06] Does anyone have these????????