Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Your Significant Other or Your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wife x 1000000000000000000!!!!

She doesn't care....per say.....but if she is definitely not a sports car person at all!!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
100% Dump here like a hot potato there is plenty of fish in the sea, she is not your wife, and this is not a girl you want to marry as she will be 100000% more bossy and controlling once you marry her.

If cars are a BIG part of your life and you want to share that with your woman, if she does not share that passion, get rid of her, and go find your soul mate she is out there.

Also, 50 RED FLAGS go off on mind when she is dictating to you and your not even married!
AMEN!!!

BIG RED FLAG. I wouldn't even be thinking about the car or finances at this point, but how you are going to get yourself out of that situation. Like stated above, ALLLL women become much more controlling once they are married, so in your case that would be scary.

Mine was the biggest sweatheart before we said "I do". Honestly, after 6 months of being married (but after 4 years of dating) I FINALLY got to meet her for the first time...(no kidding here).

Be careful, lots of guys have choosen their wife, but think about the ones that are increadibly misearable (many and many). You have a 1 in 4 shot of being the happy one and 3 in 4 of being misereable. Tread with extreme caution.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
BrnEyzR1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lucky, I don't have to choose
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 PM
starr1
Instructor

Originally Posted by JoesC5
If my SO had a contract(marriage license) she would have some say in the matter, but a girl friend....no way. I'd tell her to check and see if her *** fits the curb in front of the house, as that's where it's going to be kicked to.
That is too, too funny! By the way, my wife is the best. Just yesterday I told her again I really would like to do another interior mod, DSV sunvisors, but I thought they were rather expensive and as usual her reply was, "If you want them, get them."
She is a keeper for sure!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:56 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorV
My girlfriend says that I'm no longer allowed to make ANY financial decisions in the future because I bought a new 2009 Z yesterday.

So, just for ****s and giggles, which would you choose: your significant other or your Z?
I'd choose my wife. But if I wasn't married and a GF said something like that to me, I'd show her the door and find another.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

My girlfriend says that I'm no longer allowed to make ANY financial decisions in the future because I bought a new 2009 Z yesterday.

So, just for ****s and giggles, which would you choose: your significant other or your Z?
If, and only if, you had made some type of promise to her that would keep you from buying that Z06 then she has a point. In other words, if she had good reason to expect you to either hold off on the purchase or to discuss it with her before moving ahead with it then you're not on solid ground. Did you have any type of such understanding with her? Have the two of you co-mingled funds and/or credit accounts? Have you made plans regarding big purchases in the future that you were saving up for? Do you have any common future financial goals that this would affect? Do you both contribute to paying common bills? Whose money is going to pay for the car?

If it's all your money and you two had no prior commitments to each other regarding goals or major purchases she needs to step back and quit trying to control you. As stated by others, if she's a controlling type now that will only get worse with time- trusssst me on that! Good luck working this out.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:37 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

if i ever say i am going to sell my z06 (just joking) amy will always say you are not selling that car ever
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

WTH? 2 pages and no pics...
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

It depends on the "significant other". If the "significant other" has a marriage certificate on it with your name in her grasp, that is analogous to super mario swallowing a power pill in the old super mario brother video game. - They have extraordinary power once you are married to them So if its your wife and you have a lot to lose and you want to make it work I would choose the significant other.

If its a girlfriend - then thats a different story. I would tell her to get used to the Z if she didn't get used to the Z, I would tell her "don't let the screen door hit you in the A$$ as you walk out the door. However once you do this and if you do in fact marry her later, this will be in the back of her mind, and it will come back to haunt you in some form or another later.

Bottom line - Always Choose the significant other.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 05-19-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by BrnEyzR1
I'm lucky, I don't have to choose
Nice Avatar! Visually appealing and deceptive.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:02 PM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by JoesC5
If my SO had a contract(marriage license) she would have some say in the matter, but a girl friend....no way. I'd tell her to check and see if her *** fits the curb in front of the house, as that's where it's going to be kicked to.
nice, gf should not have a say, it's your money, right?

But maybe that (bad) attitude is why I'm single and have my toys!

When you are done with the car, for all the money spent on it, it still has resale value,... when you are done with the gf, for all the money spent on her, no resale value!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:04 PM
mr.radon
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife came with car. She bought me my 2009 for a B-day present.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:10 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Originally Posted by American Psycho
Mine's still a hottie at 45

Old 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,426 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by dvandentop
if i ever say i am going to sell my z06 (just joking) amy will always say you are not selling that car ever
That's just because she knows how much you've spent on mods and knows you would lose your a$$ on it.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
jmiller
Instructor

post picture of girl, then I'll say what your next steps should be.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:36 PM
flyinmedic
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kurtosis
Ugh feminism. It will make the best looking woman in the world ugly.

My wife wouldn't have dared to say something about my spending habits while we were still dating. That sort of power grab would have landed her on the dumped curb.

Now, we make decisions together based on our priorities. I want her to be happy and she wants me to be happy, but as the head of the house I choose to make her priorities important. This is because her priorities aren't materialistic and unreasonable...where mine usually are.

For example, We bought our house first, than we bought me a Z06. With the right attitude you both know its not a matter of selfishness. So she doesn't care if I come home with a new AR15 tomorrow, because the important stuff (my attitude towards her) is right.

When you don't have to decide between a car and a girl then you've found the right one.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

A good Wife is more important than any car. You will always have more girlfriends than wifes. It is best to stay with a loving wife than listen to a jealous girlfriend (IMO).
Life is short and try to find a good wife is so difficult! You must believe in what you do, especially if you make good decisions. God bless!

Get notified of new replies

To Your Significant Other or Your Z?

Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

She is barelly your gf and shes already telling u what u can and cant spend ur money on? imagine if she was ur wife? Maybe thats why i dont look forward to marriage i aint gonna let a woman tell me what i can and cant spend my hard earnled money on. If i wanna burn it im gonna do it cause its mine to do so...

R.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
blkz
Pro

Definitely keep my lady .
Old 05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 334 Likes on 141 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by American Psycho

I was sitting here scrolling thru this thinking NONE of the folks must hang out in OT!!

Pics of said GF???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Your Significant Other or Your Z?