Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New here new to the vett

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Minas8123
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here new to the vett

Hello everyone I'm new here I just put a deposite down for a 06 Z06 black/black 38K miles for 42000 hopefully I didn't pay too much for it. I am young only 23. I know a lot of people say it's not the car for me blah blah. I have a few questions.

1) I want to add a nice sounding exhaust the louder the better I know too much attention by the ppl with lights on the top of their cars but IDC.

2) I want to also add some headers I live in California I know laws are different here is there any good company that give great gains and I can still run street legal? American Racing Headers with cats?

3) Intake?

4) cams? without and FI that would give me some power with the mods above.

5) Short shifter? Coming from a BMW I learned that short shifter make a big difference with performance car.

6) Tune? What should I do go to a shop get it tuned or a programmer would do just fine?

Sorry if these questions are a bit dumb but I have always been a european car guy dont know much about the american muscle cars. Drove a friends Z06 fell in love never looked back

Thank you everyone

-Minas
Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 PM
brahmabull1126
Instructor

welcome..and before your questions are answered..you need to post up pics..
Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Minas8123
Intermediate

Whoops Sorry guys :o

Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Minas8123
Intermediate

Sorry for the bad quality pics guys these are the add pics the dealer posted up my paperwork should go threw sometime this week
Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Nice ride...congrats on owning one of the best corvettes ever made.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Minas8123
Intermediate

Thank you any advice on the mods?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:26 PM
brahmabull1126
Instructor

Originally Posted by Minas8123
Hello everyone I'm new here I just put a deposite down for a 06 Z06 black/black 38K miles for 42000 hopefully I didn't pay too much for it. I am young only 23. I know a lot of people say it's not the car for me blah blah. I have a few questions.

1) I want to add a nice sounding exhaust the louder the better I know too much attention by the ppl with lights on the top of their cars but IDC.

2) I want to also add some headers I live in California I know laws are different here is there any good company that give great gains and I can still run street legal? American Racing Headers with cats?

3) Intake?

5) Short shifter? Coming from a BMW I learned that short shifter make a big difference with performance car.

6) Tune? What should I do go to a shop get it tuned or a programmer would do just fine?

Sorry if these questions are a bit dumb but I have always been a european car guy dont know much about the american muscle cars. Drove a friends Z06 fell in love never looked back

Thank you everyone

-Minas
noce lookin car..well to answer ur questions..

1)if you want loud, I personally prefer Corsa..its loud, but not annoying..look it up..

2)you can run any headers u want, but none of it will be street legal...no such thing..if you get stopped by "the man", and finds out, or he knows what hes talkin about, you better hope he doesnt issue you a "state referee" citation..

3) lots on intake choices..look around the boards..will come down to your personal choice..

same answer for #4, and 5..look at #3

for tune..my suggestion is for you to get the parts you want and have them dyno tune it..

all in all, good luck..hope this helped jus a lil bit..
Old 05-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Minas8123
Intermediate

Thank you kinda does just on the cams do u have any good advice? without FI is it a good ideal I love the sound of the engine almost cutting out cuz of the cams One more question my dad has a BMW M6 with a few mods I know I can take him with a few mods easy but with the ones I posted do you think I can murder his car at the drag race i think last time before the last few mods he ran a 12.1.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 PM
brahmabull1126
Instructor

Thank you kinda does just on the cams do u have any good advice? without FI is it a good ideal I love the sound of the engine almost cutting out cuz of the cams One more question my dad has a BMW M6 with a few mods I know I can take him with a few mods easy but with the ones I posted do you think I can murder his car at the drag race i think last time before the last few mods he ran a 12.1.
you can murder him right now "Stock"..lol..seriously... ZO6's run good 11's at the strip stock wit a competent driver..
Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by brahmabull1126
you can murder him right now "Stock"..lol..seriously... ZO6's run good 11's at the strip stock wit a competent driver..

No mods necessary except for "driver mod" to beat your Dad. Just learn how to launch the car very well and you've got him beat!!!...

Congrats on the new ride!!! You're gonna love it...
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Minas8123
Intermediate

I know I can take him but I want to murder his car so bad so he cant talk smack about my american car. All the time I hear no comfort cheap materials, slow... He keeps saying that if he had the MT M6 he could take me easily. Therefore, I want to just murder him so he cant say all the power and low weight but betterly got me.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

Nice car, I have a full BB header, high flow cats, x-pipe, bullets and Halltech killer bee, you do not need anymore mods.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 AM
BrnEyzR1
Drifting

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06

No mods necessary except for "driver mod" to beat your Dad. Just learn how to launch the car very well and you've got him beat!!!...

Congrats on the new ride!!! You're gonna love it...

Congrats and welcome!!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 AM
rkvett
Instructor

just learn to driver the vette stock for a while ,not sure really need any mods ? mods will kill the value ,in the future !! for a little more noise ,pull the fuze>exhaust ,will be open all the time, couple more horses.. when you master this beast then maybe something ? ever think about driving school, son took that course at ron fellows near vegas , good idea !! rkvette
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

3) Intake?

Thank you everyone

-Minas
1. Corsa Sport is loud but some think it is Euro and don't like. It drives quiet but screams WOT. Borla and B&B Fusion are also quite popular.

2. No legal header unless you find shorties. I'm not sure anyone makes them, but waste of money for the little gains. Need long tube but it is illegal on the street.

3. Many out there. Breathless vortex, Callaway, LG motorsports, Vararam.

4. Talk to the pros ie, Katech, LG motorsports, & don't forget Carlos from vette-air. He has had a lot of success with his Z06 cams.

5. MGW or callaway

6. if you want local Charlie at RPM. if it does not matter Chuck from COW is reputable as well among many others.

As for beating pops in the Qtr. No prob. With a good/safe tune, prepped track, track tires, and experience with this car you could see low 11's or tap the high 10's. This should put a big smack on him. As for his smack talk about comfort, material quality he's right but this car new is 20 grand less than his. Plus there are a lot of venders that upgrade to beautiful italian leather & carbon fiber, D-shape streering wheel and add Prat & miller seats that would make his bimmer look cheap by comparison and give comfort and supportive riding position as well.

Joe

Last edited by Joezone914; 05-11-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Do yourself a HUGE favor....

3) Intake?

Thank you everyone

-Minas
Do yourself a HUGE favor.... While you can find ways to get by, we can send you a 4.10 rear ends that makes a C6Z feel like a ROCKET in terms of performance improvement and the smog guys won't know it's there....

BUT YOU WILL!
Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 05-11-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,714 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Do yourself a HUGE favor.... While you can find ways to get by, we can send you a 4.10 rear ends that makes a C5Z feel like a C6Z in terms of performance improvement and the smog guys won't know it's there....

BUT YOU WILL!
Chuck CoW
What does that have to do with modding a C6Z?

Get notified of new replies

To New here new to the vett

Old 05-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Racer

Seems a tad high for 38k miles.....
Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Back in late 05.....

Originally Posted by EViL427
What does that have to do with modding a C6Z?
Back in late 05.....we invented the first 3.90/4.10 REAR END for the C6Z.

With the TORQUE of the Z and the 4.10s out back, it's a thrill ride most guys will never know.

Out in California, the smog ***** won't have a clue!

Call me and I'll tell you more about it.

Chuck CoW
Old 05-11-2010, 04:09 PM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

I know I can take him but I want to murder his car so bad so he cant talk smack about my american car.
Haha! This cracked me up! LOL "murder"

Quick Reply: [Z06] New here new to the vett