Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Warranty and Battery Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Atomic08Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty and Battery Question!!

Dealer told me today that the cars mileage and the Battery dying so frequently (2x since 10/07)shows the car isn't used enough and that the battery wouldn't be covered under warranty due to lack of use since its not a manufacturers defect!! Anyone else have this happen to them?....BTW the dealership replaced the battery under warranty back in 5/09 under warranty and it was dead again on Wednesday! Should have bought a tender back after the first time but I have one now!!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Can't imagine why a defective battery (One that won't hold a charge) wouldn't be covered under the battery's pro rated replacement program. I'd change dealerships if I were you. Or just go to an AC Delco jobber rather than screw with a dealership at all.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Well, I don't know how much the car is driven. However, the Owner's Manual says if it is not being driven frequently either the battery should be disconnected or the car should be put on a battery tender. It doesn't sound like you were doing that (although you are now). Actually, I wouldn't call 2x since 10/07 "frequently" dying, especially if the car was not being driven at least weekly.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Atomic08Z
Instructor

This is the third battery or second replacement
Old 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
mark daniel
3rd Gear

I made it easy to plug battery tender into car so I would be able to keep it charged and not have to go through dead battery problems.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:18 AM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol'55
Can't imagine why a defective battery (One that won't hold a charge) wouldn't be covered under the battery's pro rated replacement program. I'd change dealerships if I were you. Or just go to an AC Delco jobber rather than screw with a dealership at all.
................pretty cool avatar also......

Get notified of new replies

To Warranty and Battery Question!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Warranty and Battery Question!!