Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z06 Owners - What do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 04:06 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your question is valid and it's good to plan ahead. Family comes first. I didn't have any vettes while my kids were growing up. I don't think it's smart to buy a car that costs more than 1/3 your annual salary. I'm a retired electrical engineer. Currently self employed. My first vette was a new 1982 C3 that I paid cash for with money I made in the stock market.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:09 PM
JLB768
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnin4
how does $3500/stent sound?
My wife's a supervisor at Boston Scientific, her lines make Stents, and Stone Retrieval Baskets. She described how the Stone Baskets work...
Old 12-05-2009, 04:34 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Originally Posted by erikszr1
Very nice, im presently working on my castle...
Thanks man...It's a never ending job with a house this old ...and every project always ends up costing more and requiring more time than anticipated....When we rennovated the living room and dining room we literally lived in the master bedroom and the kitchen until it was finished ..but of course the back porch came in very handy as it was summertime ..It took us two months to finish those two rooms since we did most of it ourselves between our regular jobs....We waited and saved a few more years then tackled another project...doing the same every few years....However, I think we would have been better off in the long run just to take out a loan for enough to do everything at once..house, garages, porches, etc...building materials go up every year..I think paying interest on a loan would have been less expensive than paying the increase in building materials.....Even at that, we still saved tens of thousands by doing the work ourselves.....It recently apprasied for more than twice what we have invested in it...and about 4 times what we paid for it in 1993 ...Welcome to Colorado, land of expensive real estate ...I could easily sell this place and move to another state and get twice the house for the same money
Old 12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
DannyG
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R
I could easily sell this place and move to another state and get twice the house for the same money
Not to the Seattle area... I bought my 2 bed/2.5 bath suburban townhouse for $300k 3.5 years ago! And if it were in Queen Anne (sought after town in Seattle) it would be about $550k! Your home actually looks very similar to a lot of homes in the Queen Anne area I'm speaking of (very old area, early 1900's) that go for... Well, here's an example: http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?...&paginate=true

I love where I live but, damn, the cost of living is ridiculous!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by DannyG
Not to the Seattle area... I bought my 2 bed/2.5 bath suburban townhouse for $300k 3.5 years ago! And if it were in Queen Anne (sought after town in Seattle) it would be about $550k! Your home actually looks very similar to a lot of homes in the Queen Anne area I'm speaking of (very old area, early 1900's) that go for... Well, here's an example: http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?...&paginate=true

I dont doubt it...I was more referring to Texas or Pa....I grew up (childhood) in east Texas and have lots of family there....A friend of mine recently retired and sold his house here (very similar to mine) for $300K...He took that $$, went to the Dallas area and bought a beautiful brick home, 6 car garage and swimming pool for the same $$$.....Both my brothers live in Harrisburg Pa..You should see the "estates" they live in...$300K ..Of course they have to shovel the snow off their roofs in the winter and my buddy in Dallas sweats his A$$ off every summer...so I think I'll stay right here in Utopia!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:18 PM
stkjock
Racer

LOL try the NY metro area..... I sold a 2 bedroom 1 bath apt eight yrs ago for 300K in Brooklyn, The average apt in Manhattan is around $1 million.

btw - not a Vette owner at present... However I work in the financial services industry.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:32 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by stkjock
The average apt in Manhattan is around $1 million.
I was last there in Sept 2000...I couldnt believe the prices of real estate then, I can only imagine what it is now....Moot point though..Id need 2 million worth of garage space for my 8 vehicles...and there arent near enough mountain roads and twisties for my driving style there...Once again, Utopia wins, hands down
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM
BlaznZ06
Race Director

Received 755 Likes on 306 Posts

I dont doubt it...I was more referring to Texas or Pa....I grew up (childhood) in east Texas and have lots of family there....A friend of mine recently retired and sold his house here (very similar to mine) for $300K...He took that $$, went to the Dallas area and bought a beautiful brick home, 6 car garage and swimming pool for the same $$$.....Both my brothers live in Harrisburg Pa..You should see the "estates" they live in...$300K ..Of course they have to shovel the snow off their roofs in the winter and my buddy in Dallas sweats his A$$ off every summer...so I think I'll stay right here in Utopia!
Tell your friend we have air conditioning here. He doesn't have to sweat.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by BlaznZ06
Tell your friend we have air conditioning here. He doesn't have to sweat.
Oh I know....My mom still lives in east Texas...she goes from the air conditioned house...to the air conditioned car....to the air conditioned market...etc..etc...etc.....Pity the poor soul that actually has to work in that heat & humidity
Old 12-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JLB768
My wife's a supervisor at Boston Scientific, her lines make Stents, and Stone Retrieval Baskets. She described how the Stone Baskets work...
those stents are probably for the biliary or urinary tract...the ones I sell are for vascular (coronary, carotid, aortic, femoral).
Old 12-06-2009, 01:01 AM
lilthrift
Instructor

45, married to a great wife and 2 wonderful kids, CEO of a large convenience store chain in NC
Old 12-06-2009, 02:08 AM
LSs1Power
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

29 now, married with one child. I work at a Telecom company as QA Manager for IT.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:11 AM
JeffWarren
Cruising

Picked Tobacco, Washed Dishes, USAF, Air National Guard, Microprocessor Lab Tech in College, stocked grocery store shelves 3rd shift, IBM Engineer & manager for 20 years, IEEE High Speed Networking Architect, Development Manager, High Tech Start Up, Director…….(High Tech Bubble Bursts)………Real Estate Broker/Owner for the past five years in the Carolinas, Raleigh area ( www.TARsaves.com ).
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 AM
blacktavert
Pro

28, logistics analyst for Caterpillar, wife is a pharmacist, no kids yet,
bought my 08Z last year shortly after my 39 year old brother found out he has lung cancer, decided to buy it and enjoy it while young
Old 12-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Yellow2006Z
Pro

Stay home and trade stock (options/commodities)

Yearly Profit could range from 50k-300k (50k being my lowest last year and 297k being my highest in 2007)

I am considering very risky strategy next year to see if i can make me $1mil in 2010.

we will see

27 yrs old

take care

________
2006 Z06
2008 Chevy Tahoe
2007 mercedes C230
Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 PM
matam
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

62, Retired Supervisor from Shell Oil Company
Old 12-06-2009, 01:59 PM
DannyG
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Oh, I hear ya! My good buddy moved to Georgia and bought a gorgeous 4,000 square foot brick house on like 3 acres for $300k... But, as you said, he sweats his *** off every summer and lives practically in the middle of nowhere. I'll still with my amazing scenery, lively city, and even my sh*tty weather! LOTS of twisties around here, as well... Love it!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Owners - What do you do for a living?

Old 12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Oh, I hear ya! My good buddy moved to Georgia and bought a gorgeous 4,000 square foot brick house on like 3 acres for $300k... But, as you said, he sweats his *** off every summer and lives practically in the middle of nowhere. I'll still with my amazing scenery, lively city, and even my sh*tty weather LOTS of twisties around here, as well... Love it!
That's the one thing I couldnt handle....My city is billed as the "Climate Capital of Colorado".. www.canoncity.org and it lives up to it's name year after year...Ive been here since 1970..

Speaking of twisties....Take a look at the "hill" in this pic at the end of my street....The next pic shows an aerial shot of the same "hill"...and the road on top of it!!!..That one-way road exits two blocks from my house

Last edited by The NNIAL8R; 12-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:50 PM
DannyG
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Speaking of twisties....Take a look at the "hill" in this pic at the end of my street....The next pic shows an aerial shot of the same "hill"...and the road on top of it!!!..That one-way road exits two blocks from my house

Gorgeous! Too bad you're so far away - I'd invite you to come up and take a trip over the North Cascades. This is the only picture I have from a ride a bunch of us did last year, but what you see here is 1 of about 50 similar corners... It's kind of nuts, really!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Gorgeous! Too bad you're so far away - I'd invite you to come up and take a trip over the North Cascades. This is the only picture I have from a ride a bunch of us did last year, but what you see here is 1 of about 50 similar corners... It's kind of nuts, really!

That's a carbon copy of what's between here and Breckenridge Colorado...about 2 hours away....We go to Vettes on the Rockies every year, which is held in Breckenridge & Frisco Colorado....It's held every July...You should come out next year!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z06 Owners - What do you do for a living?