Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Encountered a Z06-eating Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,449 Likes on 2,273 Posts

That is a really cool GS.

If if runs as good as she looks, then it ought to rip.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 PM
snappy28
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I once saw a video of a mini van doing 10s in the quarter. It was also a Z06 eater as well.

Point being, anything can be made fast and a Z06 can be made to "eat" the thing that was designed to "eat" the Z06.

Not sure why people post with titles like that.

Nice GS tho.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:50 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by redzone
Fixed it for ya....

I'm sure there are plenty of modded C6's on this board(and C5's too) that would tear my stock Z06 a new one.

And I couldn't care less......there's always someone faster.
My Procharged C5 is about as fast as a stock C6z, but I don't call it equal to a C6z. Mine needs steroids to run with the big boys.

I'd rather have an N/A C6z, than a supercharged GS. But that's just me.

Really though, I don't see the point in putting 'eater' anything here, when we're talking corvettes. All are badass cars.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Vetter Atl
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll EAT that heavy pig on a road course with a stock Z. That big S/C is a great way to end up in the wall! LOL.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 AM
CPG1962
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Marc Lefebvre
Pretty much any car modded enough would beat pretty much any car without mods.
Sanity! Simple yet invariably true.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Dark Overlord
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetter Atl
I'll EAT that heavy pig on a road course with a stock Z. That big S/C is a great way to end up in the wall! LOL.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

I have a C6, GS, Z06 and Zr1 eater in my garage...and no it's not a vette...so what's the fn point? that I have less than 20k in that vehicle and beat those mentioned car? YAY me! why buy a Z06 or ZR1, you can have 20k in a old muscle car and beat those...what a joke...that's it I'm going to go sell my Z06 immediatly...

lol
Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Ah the insecure elitists are out in droves. Again.

"We paid so much more so people could see the widebody and know we spent more money!!! GM slapped us in the face!!! Who cares if your car is faster, it'll never be as good as mine!!!"

Grow up. This guy put a blower on his car and a window in the hood to show it off. Honestly, I think seeing an actual blower is better than seeing some painted intercooler.

This is not a clone. I see no Carbon Ceramic brakes, no ZR1 badges, no splitter or skirts. This is just a guy who modded his GS and it ended up being a **** ton faster than a Z06. This isn't a matter of "oh, well put the same money into a Z06 and it'll spank this thing." Because if you put the same money towards a Z06, you'd have a bolt-on Z06.

Take an almost loaded 3LT GS. Talking Nav, tintcoat, two tone seats, automatic, Heritage Package, NPP, both tops, all those features you can't get on a Z06. That'll put you around 67k.

Now take a similarly equipped Z06. A 2LZ with Nav and two tone seats is 80k. The difference in price is the cost of the blower and the hood. And an LS3 on light boost, tuned fat, on a stock (no headers, no internals, just bolted right on) motor will make 550whp easy. For Z06 money, objectively, he'd decimate a bolt-on Z06 and many, MANY other cars on the road.

But who the hell cares? Enjoy your NA power, warranty, and carbon fiber bits. Just don't give anyone else grief for being faster than you, no matter what they're driving.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Corvette1221
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nick 02 Z06
I don't think anybody is debating that a GS with a TVS would beat a stock Z06 or even alot of modified Z06's.

I don't have any problem with the car in the picture. I don't even have a problem with the GS having the TVS or the ZR1 style hood. I actually like the GS.. Had the content of the post been presented better the responses would have been a whole lot different.

I think I might post a picture of a Z06 in the General section and entitle it, "GS Eater." The responses would be interesting to say the least. Better yet, I should post a pic of a Z06 with a TVS in the ZR1 section with the title, "ZR1 Eater" and see how that is received.

I can't understand what type of response would be expected from a thread with the words, "Z06 Eater" in the Z06 section. This thread was doomed when the OP clicked submit.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Oli1313
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Well my Z06 can... Ahhhhhh!!! My daddy can beat up all of your daddies!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72

But who the hell cares? Enjoy your NA power, warranty, and carbon fiber bits. Just don't give anyone else grief for being faster than you, no matter what they're driving.

The OP came into our house with his silicone injected girl and right off the bat tells us how much hotter she is than our girl with big naturals.....yeah,he's gonna catch some grief.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

The OP came into our house with his silicone injected girl and right off the bat tells us how much hotter she is than our girl with big naturals.....yeah,he's gonna catch some grief.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 PM
SG333
Racer

Its a decent looking car with a blower. Add a blower to any car and it should beat a stock car. I dont see the big deal. This recipe has been done a 1000 times over for many years in the FI section.

"Z06 eater" is funny. Its something i'd expect to see from mustangs or camaros but not another corvette.

My Honda Civic DX is as a "VTEC Eater"
Old 12-02-2009, 03:22 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Ha
Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by L82PC
It's not the models, it's the model posers...
This is the only thing I hate about owning a corvette, the posers take one model and try to make it into another, I agree I still think the hood on the ZR1 is hideous.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by American Psycho
Ha
big naturals do Not look good compared to big fake, if they are gonna be real they gotta be small big naturals hit the floor without a bra on, fakes are allot more fun
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
big naturals do Not look good compared to big fake, if they are gonna be real they gotta be small big naturals hit the floor without a bra on, fakes are allot more fun
All exposed:
- Big naturals (most) head South

- Big fakes (most) head East and West

To each their own. :o

Get notified of new replies

To Encountered a Z06-eating Grand Sport

Old 12-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Johnjan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the only reason I don't appreciate this car, or any like it, is this...

Originally Posted by tonypittman
From November Cars and Coffee Dallas, TX.

Car was modified by 21st Century Muscle Cars.
...BFD. The guy wrote a check.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Once Again
Heel & Toe

It would be hilarious if the GS owner was lurking,..just sort of watching this thread,..kind of laughing about all the comments on here. Ha.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 AM
30YR W8T
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72

"We paid so much more so people could see the widebody and know we spent more money!!! GM slapped us in the face!!! Who cares if your car is faster, it'll never be as good as mine!!!"

Grow up. This guy put a blower on his car and a window in the hood to show it off. Honestly, I think seeing an actual blower is better than seeing some painted intercooler.

This is not a clone. I see no Carbon Ceramic brakes, no ZR1 badges, no splitter or skirts. This is just a guy who modded his GS and it ended up being a **** ton faster than a Z06. This isn't a matter of "oh, well put the same money into a Z06 and it'll spank this thing." Because if you put the same money towards a Z06, you'd have a bolt-on Z06.

Take an almost loaded 3LT GS. Talking Nav, tintcoat, two tone seats, automatic, Heritage Package, NPP, both tops, all those features you can't get on a Z06. That'll put you around 67k.

Now take a similarly equipped Z06. A 2LZ with Nav and two tone seats is 80k. The difference in price is the cost of the blower and the hood. And an LS3 on light boost, tuned fat, on a stock (no headers, no internals, just bolted right on) motor will make 550whp easy. For Z06 money, objectively, he'd decimate a bolt-on Z06 and many, MANY other cars on the road.

Ummm Z06 money aint there. 2 grand difference between the 2009 2LZ Z06 I bought and the loaded out GS, thats why I bought the Z. What I find funny is the Z06 appears to be the yard stick everything else gets measured against, wonder why? I like modded Corvettes and don't really care which one it is because I appreciate people doing something a little different to their cars to make it their own. However, throw out a blanket slam on others cars whether intended or not, expect to get the volly returned. If you get offended when that happens, then growing up would also apply. I will assure you there are some Z out there that will give the modded GS way more than it wants....

Quick Reply: [Z06] Encountered a Z06-eating Grand Sport