Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Jumper block for battery under the hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 08:44 AM
81Wayne
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Jumper block for battery under the hood

Is there a battery jumper block somewhere under the hood of a Z06 to connect a battery charger too? If so could someone post a picture? I don't own one but asking for a friend.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:41 AM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Connect it to the battery. You can still close the hatch, there will be no interference with the cord. There is enough room between the hatch and fascia to prevent any scratching or other issue.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:51 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by dun4791
Connect it to the battery. You can still close the hatch, there will be no interference with the cord. There is enough room between the hatch and fascia to prevent any scratching or other issue.
I always go direct to the battery. I take the shortest route possible. Car is away for its 3rd winter with a tender on it that way!

If using a short term charger hook up to battery and leave the hatch slightly ajar, the inside lights will go off on timer!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 AM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Although I agree with the other posters in that it is easier to connect directly to the battery terminals, I'll pass on to you were your buddy can connect to the remote (+) and (-) terminals under the engine deck lid.

1. Raise the deck lid and go to the right side of the engine compartment.
2. Open the engine compartment fuse block lid.
3. Connect the (+) jumper cable to the remote (+) terminal located on the outside of the fuse block first.
4. Connect the (-) jumper cable to the furthest to the front exhaust manifold bolt.

That should do it.

Last edited by CJ1957; 11-26-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Jumper block for battery under the hood

Quick Reply: [Z06] Jumper block for battery under the hood