Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Wide Body Z06 Thanks SS-Vette [pics+video]

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 PM
shifter77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOVE IT.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
twinger01
Pro

now go do the front
Old 09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evilness
Im a lil confused here... So u are sayin that there isnt any traction issues with the kit because the wheels sit farther apart? I dont see how having the kit unless i was gonna run a true 375 or 395 width tire out back. Even the pirlleli 375 aint much wider than a standart 345... Wouldnt this totally affect handling of the z since u are moving the tires that much outward? Just a few questions not my cup of tea but defenetly something different..

R.
I agree. How are you getting better traction from a dead or from a roll? If you are running giant spacers, you may have increased the roll stability by setting your rear tires that much farther apart than stock, but other than that, I don't see how traction would be improved.

Christian
Old 09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Randude12
Instructor

Is it true that people in Dubai wipe their wide body rears with American $100 bills while protesting America sucks and driving our cars?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:06 PM
teking
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randude12
Is it true that people in Dubai wipe their wide body rears with American $100 bills while protesting America sucks and driving our cars?
.. ooooo politics
Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 PM
CudjoeScott
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I think it kinda ruins the lines of the rear quarters. I'm with Dark Overlord, it reminds me of a dually. That said, if you like it that's all that matters.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
^ROCKSTAR^
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mfahhad
glad glad you guys liked it

its a custom setup

maybe because black hides the fat wrinkles

thank you

thanks
black all the way that's my 3rd black car black is the king of colors
i don't car how quickly it gets dirty its always worth it
LOOKS AMAZING. WIDE BODY IS SICK!!

Those LED tail lights are beautiful, what company did you order them
from and how much were they? I want to buy those
EXACT LED tail lights for my 08 z06!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:24 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not my cuo of tea but if you like it than great but having said that it looks awful!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
DavisM2
Advanced

A perfect quote to portray the ugly American stereotype! I've travelled to Dubai several times on business and there is no apparent anti-American sentiment. They rely largely on trade, commerce, and tourism for their income (not oil) so it's in their best interest to have a good relationship with the U.S., and they do. Besides, Mfahhad could of spent his money on any car, and he chose not only to buy a Z06 but to participate on this forum... I don't think that shows an "America sucks" attitude. Sorry to get so far off the topic of the thread but it needed to be said.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I have seem more protests in the US than in Dubai. You are free to post such remarks, but since they are of no benefit to any corvette owner, better find the right forum and post all you want.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:21 PM
BigDaveDogg
Intermediate

Your car sounds great. I always see you post that it's just a custom setup. Are you willing to share any more info on it? Also, the LED taillights look great. +1 on who makes them/where to get them...?
Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 PM
RoatanMan
Melting Slicks

Not a fan... Looks like you are trying too hard to stand out... If you are running spacers, then it is unsafe as well... Just my my 2 cents; its your money...
Old 09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Mrimpala02
Instructor

The first widebody kit looks awesome!!!

Originally Posted by American Psycho

Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

While we're being ignorantly offensive......

Is it true that people in Mississippi can't speak proper English, don't receive education past the third grade, live in trailer parks, cruise family reunions for dates, hate black people, buy 250k houses on 40k a year and are thus responsible for the credit crisis, and can't beat a bunch of South Carolina ***** in football?

And he's not even from Dubai. He's from Riyadh. KSA and the UAE are two different countries. Dubai is about 500 miles away from Riyadh. Stop talking, you're making America look bad.

Last edited by 4GS7; 09-25-2009 at 05:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Spaz1 (07-15-2021)
Old 09-25-2009, 05:56 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off your car looks very badass .....and here is a question that no one has asked.....What's up with all those gauges......are you modded?
Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Randude12
Instructor

Yes, all you said about Mississippi is true.

I like the wide body rear, but I think you should modify the front as well to balance it off.

Last edited by Randude12; 09-25-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:58 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 444 Posts

I'm waiting for someone to do a wide body with the ALMS paint scheme, minus the decals.
Bet you that would be sick looking. AJ's is LMB and it looks like it should be in the series as well

Get notified of new replies

To Wide Body Z06 Thanks SS-Vette [pics+video]

Old 09-25-2009, 06:08 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

what's up with the blue smoke?...valve guides?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
niphilli2
Drifting

Received 151 Likes on 101 Posts

I'll bet it is a trip following that thing down the road! Definately easier to pull off in black.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Mfahhad
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

thank you guys for the great comments glad some of you loved it

Originally Posted by redzone
Looks like you're running stock wheels/tires......doesn't that require like a 3-4" spacer?
yeah its a 4" spacer for now looking for wheels to fill my requirements

Originally Posted by ss-vette
.Thanks MF...your photos and Video look good thanks for your good review
Don..SS Vette Inc
don
my plesure ,, thank you for the good craftsmanship

Originally Posted by Evilness
Im a lil confused here... So u are sayin that there isnt any traction issues with the kit because the wheels sit farther apart? I dont see how having the kit unless i was gonna run a true 375 or 395 width tire out back. Even the pirlleli 375 aint much wider than a standart 345... Wouldnt this totally affect handling of the z since u are moving the tires that much outward? Just a few questions not my cup of tea but defenetly something different..

R.
Originally Posted by C54CSTER
I agree. How are you getting better traction from a dead or from a roll? If you are running giant spacers, you may have increased the roll stability by setting your rear tires that much farther apart than stock, but other than that, I don't see how traction would be improved.

Christian

i have no idea how to explain that my guess its heaver and if it rolls in straight line not side ways more is better . that's my guess i might be wrong

Originally Posted by ^ROCKSTAR^
LOOKS AMAZING. WIDE BODY IS SICK!!

Those LED tail lights are beautiful, what company did you order them
from and how much were they? I want to buy those
EXACT LED tail lights for my 08 z06!!!
i bought them from ebay $279
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/SABERSPO...34Q2ec0Q2em322
he has them in many colors

im sure there is a vendor here who has them as well

Originally Posted by DavisM2
A perfect quote to portray the ugly American stereotype! I've travelled to Dubai several times on business and there is no apparent anti-American sentiment. They rely largely on trade, commerce, and tourism for their income (not oil) so it's in their best interest to have a good relationship with the U.S., and they do. Besides, Mfahhad could of spent his money on any car, and he chose not only to buy a Z06 but to participate on this forum... I don't think that shows an "America sucks" attitude. Sorry to get so far off the topic of the thread but it needed to be said.
although im from Saudi i still believe the media is really messing our image up

thanks for the open mind thinking

im also traveling to the U.S in October to pick up a TT Z06 hopefully

Originally Posted by HNK
I have seem more protests in the US than in Dubai. You are free to post such remarks, but since they are of no benefit to any corvette owner, better find the right forum and post all you want.
i agree lets all keep are eye away from governments here

Originally Posted by BigDaveDogg
Your car sounds great. I always see you post that it's just a custom setup. Are you willing to share any more info on it? Also, the LED taillights look great. +1 on who makes them/where to get them...?
the exhaust is custom
al yousef has the diagram witch he gave to the shop in dubai
i dont have it but you can see him here
http://www.youtube.com/user/alyousuf
he also has a couple of videos of the exhaust

Originally Posted by RoatanMan
Not a fan... Looks like you are trying too hard to stand out... If you are running spacers, then it is unsafe as well... Just my my 2 cents; its your money...
i agree
unsafe with the spacers but i hate 21" rims i hope i can find 18 that wide so i have more traction

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
While we're being ignorantly offensive......

Is it true that people in Mississippi can't speak proper English, don't receive education past the third grade, live in trailer parks, cruise family reunions for dates, hate black people, buy 250k houses on 40k a year and are thus responsible for the credit crisis, and can't beat a bunch of South Carolina ***** in football?

And he's not even from Dubai. He's from Riyadh. KSA and the UAE are two different countries. Dubai is about 500 miles away from Riyadh. Stop talking, you're making America look bad.
Nobody needs to explain how cultures are
some are bad and some are good even here in Saudi you find a handful of uneducated ignorant racist people

i dont judge some one as a country or race or culture a bad person is a bad person its not what color passport he has

thank you for the great comment though

Originally Posted by GaryZ06
First off your car looks very badass .....and here is a question that no one has asked.....What's up with all those gauges......are you modded?
its not moded yet i orderd an LSX and a turbo kit from a vendor but he didn't deliver yet

Yes, all you said about Mississippi is true.

I like the wide body rear, but I think you should modify the front as well to balance it off.
i will soon enough ill update you when i do

Originally Posted by mirage2991
what's up with the blue smoke?...valve guides?
i have no idea but i don't care im going to swap it for an lsx soon i hope

Originally Posted by niphilli2
I'll bet it is a trip following that thing down the road! Definately easier to pull off in black.
yeah i scare ricers alot though

Quick Reply: [Z06] Wide Body Z06 Thanks SS-Vette [pics+video]