Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Are APSIS Z06 Splash Guards scratching your paint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 01:09 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

I ve been following this thread forever .....but I just noticed a POSITIVE thread for this item. They cant all be bad. And it seems to me that Jersey is trying to rectify some of the problems. are they expensive.....Yes but its the only product at this time thats available to us. Im still on the fence.

Clif
Old 11-14-2009, 01:15 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
I ve been following this thread forever .....but I just noticed a POSITIVE thread for this item. They cant all be bad. And it seems to me that Jersey is trying to rectify some of the problems. are they expensive.....Yes but its the only product at this time thats available to us. Im still on the fence.

Clif
I'd get them if I were you. Now that mine fit well I recommend them for the protection that they offer. If $320.00 doesn't "break the bank" then order some today. You are only saving your paint from being sand blasted.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
I'd get them if I were you. Now that mine fit well I recommend them for the protection that they offer. If $320.00 doesn't "break the bank" then order some today. You are only saving your paint from being sand blasted.
I already have that nasty rash by the vent. Being from NY Ill have to pay .0865% tax also. $ is an issue.

Clif
Old 11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

SO every car gets blasted regardless of region? I am in SoCal.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:22 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
SO every car gets blasted regardless of region? I am in SoCal.
yes....its the road gravel or pebbles or anything that the front tire kicks back towards the rear. Back East we have sand on the roads year round because of snow removal. Out in California Im sure that the roads are chopped up also to some degree but not for the same reasons. Doesnt some sand get airborne by the Ocean just from the wind? and then theres some desert roads No? Road hazards no matter where your from.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
cinor
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I find it a bit amusing that there is so much discussion over the 25.00 addition to the splash guard, if you can afford to drive and maintain a corvettte whats the problem
Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

so if it fits loose, its no good? ok then it has gaps or a bit of space between it and the car...no-good...ok but then if it fits nice and snug-form fitting touching the car its another bitch fest because it may mar the paint in some way.....holy crap man. i guess you cant win this battle at all apsis. looks like a great product to me, i would buy it. only im not too worried about my paint that much. i have clear protection, my choice. peace
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Senator Carbon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a clear wrap also, and the APSIS front wheel guards. They are fantastic and I think fairly priced for what you get.

They fit like a glove. Aircraft quality in my opinion.

Jersey was very helpful working with as well. I can't imagine any complaints against him or the product. My experience was top shelf.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Are APSIS Z06 Splash Guards scratching your paint?