Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Maryland or No. Virginia dealer service recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 PM
klwray
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maryland or No. Virginia dealer service recommendation?

Any recommendations on a dealer in Md or N. Va that does acceptable service work on C6Z06?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
billcar9999
Instructor

I take mine to Fitzgerald's on Baughman's Lane. I know most of the GM guys. What do you need done?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
brnin8r
Advanced

Criswell in Gaithersburg did the pre-purchase inspection, oil change, and state inspection on mine just before I bought it. Prior owner used them as well. They let me take a good look at it on the lift. Folks seemed nice enough there - but that's the only experience I've had (so that probably doesn't help you much).

Subscribed - interested in any other feedback as well, being a new Z06 owner in the area.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

I have had good service from Koons in Tyson's Corner.
Ask for service advisor Bill Appel and make sure you get Joe Malo to do the actual work.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,405 Likes on 1,374 Posts

I've had good experiences with Pohanka in Chantilly - although the service advisor I used to deal with has since left. They were recommended to me by another foum member.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 AM
combustables
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaOtherOne
I have had good service from Koons in Tyson's Corner.
Ask for service advisor Bill Appel and make sure you get Joe Malo to do the actual work.
Ohhhhhhh nooooooo, I'm sorry but I COMPLETELY disagree. Even though joe has been there for a long time, he's just a straight bolt on type of guy. I took my C4 to them 3 years ago for a 383 install and he botched it up BADLY and Bill kept covering up and lying about it. They had my car for SEVEN months and gave it back to me in bad shape. I had to take it to Woodbridge Dyno tech whjo immediately told me the stock chip wasn't enough. And joe DIDN'T know that .... Imagine what could have happened to a new Z06 which I also own.

I'd rather work on it myself and screw it up before I take anything to those guys EVER again. Doubt me? Check out who owns the domain name joemalo.com by doing a whois at networksolutions.com

I registered it to post my LOUSY experience with them and at the last minute I took the site down becuase joe was very apologetic . Bill WAS NOT. He was actually arrogant about the whole thing.

I'd be happy to elaborate if you PM me.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:09 AM
LarryB
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts

Recommend Pallone Chevrolet , Springfield Va, based on having transmission work done on for a sixth gear problem. They told me that they needed aprox a week to complete the job. After they torn the transmission down informed me that they needed to order a part which would take a couple of days. Transmission works great and the car was returned in perfect shape. No scratches, tears or other issues. The service guy is Al Adcock.

Larry B
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 AM
klwray
Intermediate

Just got a beautiful black on black 08 with 4K on it. I want them to go over the car to make sure it has the original map in the ECM and to check a transmission noise. All the posts on engine failure have me concerned a little.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by combustables
Ohhhhhhh nooooooo, I'm sorry but I COMPLETELY disagree. Even though joe has been there for a long time, he's just a straight bolt on type of guy. I took my C4 to them 3 years ago for a 383 install and he botched it up BADLY and Bill kept covering up and lying about it. They had my car for SEVEN months and gave it back to me in bad shape. I had to take it to Woodbridge Dyno tech whjo immediately told me the stock chip wasn't enough. And joe DIDN'T know that .... Imagine what could have happened to a new Z06 which I also own.

I'd rather work on it myself and screw it up before I take anything to those guys EVER again. Doubt me? Check out who owns the domain name joemalo.com by doing a whois at networksolutions.com

I registered it to post my LOUSY experience with them and at the last minute I took the site down becuase joe was very apologetic . Bill WAS NOT. He was actually arrogant about the whole thing.

I'd be happy to elaborate if you PM me.
This is good info .. I've never had any serious work done there
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM
walterm32
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Oursiman in Bowie is fine. I've had a valve cover gasket cover replaced and my check engine light diagnosed for the cat issue and the car came back in one piece just like I left it. The service dept. seemed to know that Vette owners expect a little more by the way I was treated. Although I've never had any major work done there and can't speak about that for what you want to take it there for I wouldn't think twice. They at least know to use jacking pucks and cover the fenders.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My z blew the engine and they put a new one in at Lindsay Chevy in Woodbridge.
I've been driving the car for over a month now and it is absolutely perfect! They also bled the brakes and did an oil change and didnt dick anything up, I'd recommend them!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:01 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,854 Likes on 1,161 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I've had good experiences with Pohanka in Chantilly - although the service advisor I used to deal with has since left. They were recommended to me by another foum member.
This one. Right here. Though... which service writer left? Is Travis still there?

Anyway, Pohanka is top notch in my book. As for Koons, I'd run far and fast and never, ever look back to them. Crooks...

jas
Old 07-30-2009, 03:09 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been taking my Corvettes to Sport Chevrolet off RT29 in Silver Spring for 10 years.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,405 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
This one. Right here. Though... which service writer left? Is Travis still there?

Anyway, Pohanka is top notch in my book. As for Koons, I'd run far and fast and never, ever look back to them. Crooks...

jas
Travis is gone - bummer as he was really good and a Corvette enthusiast. I'm pretty sure it was you jas the recommended him to me and it was a good call.

I haven't had the vette back since Travis left but my truck was in there for an oil leak and I still got very good service.

Given that my vette doesn't have a warranty to speak of anymore I doubt I'll be taking it to the dealer anymore unless the power windows break
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vetdude
I've been taking my Corvettes to Sport Chevrolet off RT29 in Silver Spring for 10 years.
I agree, Frank the corvette mechanic who has been there 37 yrs is supposidly one of the best!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:45 AM
AAMC6
Instructor

I've been going to Pohanka Chev. since early 07. Travis is unfortunately gone (anyone know where?) but his Vette mechanic, Bobby, is still there. He's the only one who has worked on the 2 Zs I've owned and I've been very pleased with his work.

Disastrous experience at Pallone on an 05 C6. Went in for oil change and installation of GM part. Came out with:

Damaged tire (ruined)
Damaged wheel
Crankcase overfilled by 1 quart
Part installed incorrectly
Stain on seat

To their credit, they made it right, but guess how many times I've been back.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:53 AM
skipper972
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far I have struck out twice; once with Koons who can't seem to orchestrate a simple oil change (more an admin problem vice mechanic) and Alexandria Chevy just plain stinks for customer service and quaility of work
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,854 Likes on 1,161 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by AAMC6
I've been going to Pohanka Chev. since early 07. Travis is unfortunately gone (anyone know where?) but his Vette mechanic, Bobby, is still there. He's the only one who has worked on the 2 Zs I've owned and I've been very pleased with his work
That's a loss for us all that Travis left, but I'm glad Bobby is still around. He's received a few Italian handshakes from me in the past because of his good work. :-)

jas
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 PM
benz06
Intermediate

Bobby at Fox Chevy on Rte. 1 in Laurel is very good.

Get notified of new replies

To Maryland or No. Virginia dealer service recommendation?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Maryland or No. Virginia dealer service recommendation?