Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] **New Carbon flat bottom ZR1 Splitter from LG Motorsports**

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

OK When I look at the bottom of my current spliter I have 2 holes on either side of the bottom that are ducted for brakes hoses. I don't see any holes.

ErnieO
Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by VRedZ06

OK When I look at the bottom of my current spliter I have 2 holes on either side of the bottom that are ducted for brakes hoses. I don't see any holes.

ErnieO

the photo cuts off where the holes are. they are still there and they are still open. It is on my car, so I know that is true.

the next time the car is on the lift, I will get another picture of it.

LG
Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by jamie392
Very nice. I do have one question does it chip easilly from maybe a rock flying up and hitting it? for instance maybe you are behind a truck carrying gravel and some flys out and hits it at say 65 mph? big chip small chip? and how hard is it to repair?

Thank you
If you are behind a gravel truck, running at 65mph, pull off the road or pass him

Just kidding. The splitter would be affected the same as your hood or windshield if some gravel flys out and hits you at 65mph.

It would not be any harder to repair than a hood or fender but I will say that it is just a clear coat over carbon so you can probably just spray some clear coat on it without having to match any paint.

So far, mine looks like brand new but I drive like a little old lady. and I live on a dirt road. (really)

We are also making the side skirts as we speak.

Thanks

LG
Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Super Stimulus Sale Special Splitter Skirt package in CF

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
If you are behind a gravel truck, running at 65mph, pull off the road or pass him

Just kidding. The splitter would be affected the same as your hood or windshield if some gravel flys out and hits you at 65mph.

It would not be any harder to repair than a hood or fender but I will say that it is just a clear coat over carbon so you can probably just spray some clear coat on it without having to match any paint.

So far, mine looks like brand new but I drive like a little old lady. and I live on a dirt road. (really)

Thanks

LG
OK Lou, I've asked enough and I'm convinced, it should perform and keep the car stable with the KaTech Big Spoiler in the rear. Would be good if you have some track test runs with your splitter and the KaTech spoiler since it seems there's a bunch of interest in your splitter and the KaTech CF combo.

Can you do a Super Stimulus Sale Special Splitter Skirt package in CF??? (Now say that fast 5 time).

I would be very interested in getting the combo.

Thanks,
ErnieO
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by VRedZ06
OK Lou, I've asked enough and I'm convinced, it should perform and keep the car stable with the KaTech Big Spoiler in the rear. Would be good if you have some track test runs with your splitter and the KaTech spoiler since it seems there's a bunch of interest in your splitter and the KaTech CF combo.

Can you do a Super Stimulus Sale Special Splitter Skirt package in CF??? (Now say that fast 5 time).

I would be very interested in getting the combo.

Thanks,
ErnieO
We have our own rear spoiler coming to match the front splitter.

In fact we have two coming. one rear spoiler is a ZR1 on steroids and the other is a wide GM full width spoiler ON steroids again.

Both will add just enough downforce to compliment the front.

I have already tested the pair on the track and the balance was perfect.

Also, remember with this kind of rear spoiler and small splitter with no "tunnels" underneath there is not much DF under 80 mph. these are too small to improve by a big amount.

The vented hood will add to the front DF too, so that might have to be in your future.

the Price on the front splitter is the "intro" price.

the production run will be in stock in about 4 weeks along with the rear spoiler

the side skirts will follow about 3-4 weeks after that.

Just in time for snow to fall in NJ

thanks

LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-30-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Pic's of the side skirts and pricing??
Old 07-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Coldmale
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and a diffuser of course. Not much point in having lodsa downforce at one end and not at the other.
On the Bahrain circuit, the cars reach 180MPH at the end of the straight, hit the anchors and break to 45MPH for the hairpin
Stability, stability, stability!!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Coldmale
and a diffuser of course. Not much point in having lodsa downforce at one end and not at the other.
On the Bahrain circuit, the cars reach 180MPH at the end of the straight, hit the anchors and break to 45MPH for the hairpin
Stability, stability, stability!!
You know that our Corvette GT2 car is for sale right?

If you aren't racing with a bunch of rules, you can have the restrictors removed and get over 700hp with the car!

AND, it already has every thing you need

Only $275k Euros. Chassis #001

Call me and we can arrange Shipping

LG

Photos below

V V V V V

-

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-31-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
jamie392
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

LG
Thank you
Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

great to see the vendors putting out all kinds of new products
Old 08-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Coldmale
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you aren't racing with a bunch of rules, you can have the restrictors removed and get over 700hp with the car!

LG
-
Well - just because i live in Bahrain dont mean that I am an oil tycoon. Thanks for the offer!!

Actually we have no rules here, there are classes for all sorts.

There is as much fun in building the car as there is in trashing it round the circuit - so I'll stick with looking for a matching splitter & diffuser set.
John
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Any idea on pricing for the rear spoilers? I'm trying to make my mind between adding the GM full width spoiler now or waiting for the more options to hit the market.

Also if I were to install just the rear spoiler for the time being would it mess up the balance of the car? I would love to the do the font but it's going to be a few months before I can get both.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
1Day
Drifting

I am looking to upgrade my car and was looking at the front splitter, side splitters/skirts and spoiler in CF. When do think all will be ready? Are you guys doing the Front ZR1 fenders also? It would be great if you could PM me best price on all these items bought together and their availability.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Z06guy46
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Email sent , also here are some examples of other colors. Remember they are custom built so I can do just about anything with them. I do have one set of GunMetal finish wheels ready to go!

Lou's own wheels mounted on a 6 piston 15" (380mm) Brembo kit

These WILL clear the 15.5" ZR1 carbon brakes as well.
What is the Price on these wheels? Im looking to replace my stock Z wheels and they have the look I want. Also what finish can we get them in?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Z06guy46
Intermediate

Do you have any aero estimates for the effect of this splitter? I also noticed the Track Challenge splitter on the LG site...but no price listed...How much does the track WC front splitter cost?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Z06guy46
Intermediate

LG

Photos below

V V V V V

-
What is the deal with the GT2 car now? How do you feel about runnin against the GM guys now? Are you racing next season when the rules change again for GT class in ALMS?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 AM
LG Motorsports

Hi,

Please call bobby in Sales and he can help you out with the wheels and splitter.

the new GT2 rules are about the same. No problem running against the factory team, we have beat them before in other series but there we had the same tires.

We will be on Dunlop tires, which is getting better. The factory team will be on Michelins, whcih we were not allowed to buy.

Enough of that.

We plan on going to Petit and doing the best job that we can,

Thanks

Lou G

Get notified of new replies

To **New Carbon flat bottom ZR1 Splitter from LG Motorsports**

Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Rottie1
Does this splitter require the GM brace that the ZR1 splitter does? If it does not need the brace, does it work with the brace?
We put the bottom on our splitter specifically for that reason. The GM brace costs almost $300 and on our splitter with the Bottom, it adds the strength to avoid needing that part.

I have had my car up to around 150 mph with no adverse effects.

The BOttom is really nice because it cleans up the air flow, keeps the splitter stronger and more firm and it resists the occasional mistake hitting a parking curb.

The GM splitter with NO bottom is prone to cracking with just a minor bump.

At any rate, we will have some with us at Carlisle ready for delivery, and a SHOW special price complete with installation.

Thanks Guys

Lou G

PS< The bottom photo is from our first Prototype. All the production bottoms are smooth as glass!

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 08-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:14 PM
blue2006Z06
Instructor

Lou, How many are you bringing to Carlisle? Will you have enough to last into Saturday?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Z06guy46
Intermediate

Hi,

Please call bobby in Sales and he can help you out with the wheels and splitter.

the new GT2 rules are about the same. No problem running against the factory team, we have beat them before in other series but there we had the same tires.

We will be on Dunlop tires, which is getting better. The factory team will be on Michelins, whcih we were not allowed to buy.

Enough of that.

We plan on going to Petit and doing the best job that we can,

Thanks

Lou G
I Love watchin the LG car run in the ALMS series. I just wish the camerea crew and TV guys would give you more air time. Will we ever see Boris in the car agin? I was angry when the BMW guys pulled that move and messed up your car/season. I ask about GM because, after seeing Road America it looks like GM is in it to win it at whatever cost. The #3 was close to pushin the Lizard Porsche off the track. Grant it Johnny O. was just making a move to take advantage of a mistake. I'm surprised Berg didn't just let him by, I mean GM is not going to hurt thier points lead...yet. I look forward to seeing you out there mixin it up Lou.

Quick Reply: [Z06] **New Carbon flat bottom ZR1 Splitter from LG Motorsports**