Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Replacing one horn on 08 Z06 Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:09 PM
nutrientcobra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing one horn on 08 Z06 Need Help!

I have one horn on my 2008 Z06 that is bad. It happened after I washed the car good. A few hours later when waxing it the alarm started going off with both horns working. Well the only way to stop it was to unhook the battery for 30 mins. I hooked it back up and everything was working except both horns. I couldnt get them to honk from the steering wheel or get them to chirp from the key fob. Let is set overnight and everything is working fine, the alarm works as well as I can honk the horn now from the wheel. Problem is that only one horn works. I initially checked the relay and fuse and all was well. But I must have killed one horn I suspect. How hard is it to change a horn out without a lift? Any ideas where they are located? It sounds like they are behind the front bumper! I want to find them and try shorting them out with a battery to make sure the one is really bad. The car is so low I dont know if it can be done thoe without it being on a lift Thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Lucky13
Burning Brakes

You may want to give it a few days. I routinely get water into the horn on my DD and it goes away until it dries out.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Scuba_Steve
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not get it warrantied?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
nutrientcobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve
Why not get it warrantied?
I can do that, but I thought I just wanted to see if it is actually shorted out. I thought if a horn was only 20 bucks, its not worth my time of half a day by the time I get back from the dealer. Let alone the fact that I dont want my car f**ked up like last time. Found out the horns are around 70 bucks so I will give it time to dry and see what happens like the other poster said. Otherwise I will take it in!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
nutrientcobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lucky13
You may want to give it a few days. I routinely get water into the horn on my DD and it goes away until it dries out.
Exactly what I was thinking. Good thought, it may just take a few days. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing one horn on 08 Z06 Need Help!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Replacing one horn on 08 Z06 Need Help!