Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Shipping my car to the Middle East... is it ok?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Fawaz
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping my car to the Middle East... is it ok?

Hey guys,

I have a Canadian spec '06 Z06 and I was looking to ship this car to the Middle East.
Is it ok for me to do that? Is there anything totally different that the Middle Eastern Corvettes consist of? (i.e; different radiator etc. due to harsh and hot climate in the Middle East) Should I go ahead and ship my car to the Middle East without any worry?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
BLACK BEAST Z06
Instructor

Yah you can go ahead and ship it ....
Is't stock or modified Z ?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Red Dvl
Instructor

Fawaz,

Which Country? I know in Bahrain there are a ton of American Spec Muscle Cars around due to American Military guys shipping over the cars and then selling them for a premium price. The only difference in the LS based cars i saw that were produced for the middle east was the radiator and power steering intercoolers standard on the old Camaros. You should be fine shipping the car. I am in Kuwait right now and have seen more than a couple C6, but not a C6 Z06.
Fawaz
8th Gear

it's all stock
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Fawaz
Hey guys,

I have a Canadian spec '06 Z06 and I was looking to ship this car to the Middle East.
Is it ok for me to do that? Is there anything totally different that the Middle Eastern Corvettes consist of? (i.e; different radiator etc. due to harsh and hot climate in the Middle East) Should I go ahead and ship my car to the Middle East without any worry?

Thanks!
Hopefully some of our UAE members will chime in.

good luck. Keep us up to date.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Fawaz
8th Gear

The D. DOT ... Dubai
Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 AM
obaidan
Instructor

Default American Specifications, No Problem

I am from Qatar.

For all U.S.A. specifications, no problem 100% as I've been through this already. The only difference we have here is the headlight washer; never used it though!

If the Canadian specification car is the same as the U.S.A. one, don't waste further time and start the shipping procedure.

I would highly recommend that you supercharge it and tune it before you ship it. Use the Callaway charger, not the Procharger though as it gets really hot in Middle East and additionally you run into AC issues with the Procharger. You will do it for far excellent installation and cheaper deal in States and you can continue getting the support in UAE as many good shops are available. Make sure you get a soft copy of your tune, if possible.

Wish you a safe journey and good luck.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:27 AM
EXPATZ
Intermediate

Hi fawaz,

I have brought over a number of my cars from the US to the UAE and have had no problems whatsoever. The only caution I would flag to you is the fact that you will have no warranty. If that is no issue to you then you are good to go! The only cars I am aware of that have an international warranty having been shipped from the US or any other jurisdiction for that matter are Cadillac, porsche, BMW and Mercedes for a period of 2 years from their in service date.
Lastly, as advised in the previous post, make sure to modify the car prior to shipping it out here.
Good Luck!
Budy
Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 AM
meshoooo
Racer

Originally Posted by Fawaz
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Hi Fawaz,

Actually I was having SRT10 before and I was facing engine heat issue specially in the summer I was not able to drive the car between June-September more than 1hr .. but I don`t know about the Corvettes. all the best
Old 05-20-2009, 02:29 AM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Salam Fawaz

if you are the first owner of the car, what you need to do is get GM NA to transfer your warranty to the region your are going to. you need to stress that your work has shifted to another location and you need to have your warranty transfered there as well. If you manage to do this, then all would be ok for you. as for the shipping part, it no problem at all. This is for the UAE, i dont know if the other Arabian Gulf states go by the same rules for the warranty.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Fawaz
8th Gear

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Shipping my car to the Middle East... is it ok?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Shipping my car to the Middle East... is it ok?