Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Wheels Boutique HRE Carbon Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
WheelsBoutique
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels Boutique HRE Carbon Series

Wheels Boutique is proud to introduce the new HRE Carbon Series as many of you know HRE has team up with Dymag to produce the Carbon Series...

. Weight – We do not have a lot of weights yet, but a CF43 for a GT3RS a 19x9.0 weighs 17.2lbs and a 19x12.0 weighs 19.6lbs. We have been told this is almost exactly what a Dymag wheel weighs for the same application. The biggest wheel we’ve weighed, a CF43 in 20x12.0 for a ZR1 weighs 20.6lb. More weights to follow.
2. Passed fatigue tests to TUV specifications at a load rating sufficient for M5 and Panamera Turbo.
3. Contrary to popular myth, the carbon rims do not weigh 2 lbs. Dymag is conservative in their construction to ensure strength first and foremost and the rims typically account for 50%+ of the entire wheel weight.
4. There is a rumor that Dymag is not making centers anymore. This is not true. They will continue to sell their own branded line of wheels but HRE has an exclusive partnership with Dymag to use their rims.
5. Fitments will vary. Currently HRE is offering 19 and 20 in various widths. 18 and 22 will likely follow.
6. Finishes are std HRE powdercoats and custom paints as well as brush/cl or pol/cl. No chrome. No full polish.
7. HRE is well aware of leaking issues and worked with Dymag on the carbon barrels to ensure that leakage at the bead was solved and designed the centers to minimize any chance of leakage through the fasteners in addition to the changes made by Dymag to resolve this issue. It shouldn’t be a concern for an HRE or a current Dymag..

If you have any questions as far as pricing and avail. Please contact us

www.wheelsboutique.com

Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WheelsBoutique
Passed fatigue tests to TUV specifications at a load rating sufficient for M5 and Panamera Turbo.
Does this mean it's suitable for track use with slicks?
As I recall the original Dymag CF wheels were not.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Richie18
Advanced

Originally Posted by petefias
Does this mean it's suitable for track use with slicks?
As I recall the original Dymag CF wheels were not.
I'm pretty sure all Dymag wheels are suitable for the track, they're used on the Callaway corvette and Koenigsegg CCX to name a few. Not to mention high popularity among porsche enthusiasts who typical track their cars often.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Richie18
I'm pretty sure all Dymag wheels are suitable for the track, they're used on the Callaway corvette and Koenigsegg CCX to name a few. Not to mention high popularity among porsche enthusiasts who typical track their cars often.
Dymag wheels yes, Dymag CF wheels not. That is what I heard, I have no personal experience with them. I was hoping someone who used them would chime in.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Richie18
Advanced

Dymag wheels yes, Dymag CF wheels not. That is what I heard, I have no personal experience with them. I was hoping someone who used them would chime in.
I was referring to Dymag CF wheels.

http://www.dymag-usa.com/archives/20...rche_gunn.html

http://www.rotaryart.uk.com/acatalog...re_Wheels.html

Last edited by Richie18; 04-21-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
WheelsBoutique
Supporting Vendor

Just spoke to the guys at HRE and they said these wheels ARE track approved only problem is that right now the smallest they are making is 19" most slicks come in 18" but to answer your YES THEY ARE APPROVED FOR TRACK!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:02 PM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the follow up. Hoosier makes a 345/3019" tire.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Callaway C16's are equipped with Callaway/Dymag Carbon Fiber wheels.
They're optional on Callaway Corvettes.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:10 AM
yellerz51
Pro

Originally Posted by WheelsBoutique
Wheels Boutique is proud to introduce the new HRE Carbon Series as many of you know HRE has team up with Dymag to produce the Carbon Series...

. Weight – We do not have a lot of weights yet, but a CF43 for a GT3RS a 19x9.0 weighs 17.2lbs and a 19x12.0 weighs 19.6lbs. We have been told this is almost exactly what a Dymag wheel weighs for the same application. The biggest wheel we’ve weighed, a CF43 in 20x12.0 for a ZR1 weighs 20.6lb. More weights to follow.
2. Passed fatigue tests to TUV specifications at a load rating sufficient for M5 and Panamera Turbo.
3. Contrary to popular myth, the carbon rims do not weigh 2 lbs. Dymag is conservative in their construction to ensure strength first and foremost and the rims typically account for 50%+ of the entire wheel weight.
4. There is a rumor that Dymag is not making centers anymore. This is not true. They will continue to sell their own branded line of wheels but HRE has an exclusive partnership with Dymag to use their rims.
5. Fitments will vary. Currently HRE is offering 19 and 20 in various widths. 18 and 22 will likely follow.
6. Finishes are std HRE powdercoats and custom paints as well as brush/cl or pol/cl. No chrome. No full polish.
7. HRE is well aware of leaking issues and worked with Dymag on the carbon barrels to ensure that leakage at the bead was solved and designed the centers to minimize any chance of leakage through the fasteners in addition to the changes made by Dymag to resolve this issue. It shouldn’t be a concern for an HRE or a current Dymag..

If you have any questions as far as pricing and avail. Please contact us

www.wheelsboutique.com

Can you tell me what the list price and lead time for a ZR1 fitment would be?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 AM
vettey
Instructor

how much is the next question. Please pm
Old 06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
FORGED_Z06
Heel & Toe

Msrp: $10,745
Old 06-22-2009, 12:26 PM
J@WheelsBoutique