Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Wait on a ZR1 or get a Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
If he is he's on backwards.
Good point lol

Here is an up date. I informed the dealer about my new direction in cars around noon today. About 10 minutes ago i received a call from my dealer, they offered msrp if i complete the full application right now. Now what

I think the guy in front of me fell through and they need to submit the allocation before they lose it.

...and i was just getting cozy with the Gallardo idea.

Last edited by GForceSS; 02-13-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Onerareviper
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FIRSTC6Z06
I think we all agree with you however it's objectionable to me when someone is a wise a_ _ and resorts to name calling when a car owner is taken advantage of by lack of disclosure or improper representation.

No one's perfect and an 800 mile car that looks perfect could fool most! We are never so smart that we have nothing to learn or can't be fooled by someone.

How about that financial advisor who bilked billions from a lot of smart people and corperations as well??
Name calling? Saying "More money than brains"? OK. I didn't realize people were so sensitive when I though we were just a bunch of guys drinking beer and 'shooting the sh*t'. I feel bad for the guy as well... BTW - I've been called FAR WORSE on the Viper sites from people I consider friends

Last edited by Onerareviper; 02-13-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by GForceSS
Good point lol

Here is an up date. I informed the dealer about my new direction in cars around noon today. About 10 minutes ago i received a call offering msrp if i comlpete the full application right now. Now what I think the guy in front of me fell through and they need to submit the allocation before they lose it.

I saw that and I thought...you're doing it wrong!!

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

Good point lol

Here is an up date. I informed the dealer about my new direction in cars around noon today. About 10 minutes ago i received a call offering msrp if i comlpete the full application right now. Now what I think the guy in front of me fell through and they need to submit the allocation before they lose it.

Since I own both (ZR1 and a Gallardo Nera) I would say go with the Galladro. Make sure you get and Gallardo SE or better. 2006 Gallardo and lower had only 510hp. In 2006, they came out with the Gallardo SE as an option. It came with 520hp. The 2007 and 2008 both have 520hp standard. The 2008 Superlaggerra has 530hp. However, the car is not as beautiful interior wise, as the standard Galladro. Insurance is the same on the ZR1 and Gallardo. I pay $100/mth each for them full coverage. Just my two cents.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Zlicious
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1 BAD ZR1
Since I own both (ZR1 and a Gallardo Nera) I would say go with the Galladro. Make sure you get and Gallardo SE or better. 2006 Gallardo and lower had only 510hp. In 2006, they came out with the Gallardo SE as an option. It came with 520hp. The 2007 and 2008 both have 520hp standard. The 2008 Superlaggerra has 530hp. However, the car is not as beautiful interior wise, as the standard Galladro. Insurance is the same on the ZR1 and Gallardo. I pay $100/mth each for them full coverage. Just my two cents.
I think this post is a little backwards, no?

06 Gallardo and the SE have the same HP (520). SE has a few cosmetic mods that a standard 06 doesn't have. Just an FYI..

The Superleggera has the most beautiful interior ever made. It blows out the interior of any Gallardo made to date. It is ALL suede and CF.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:15 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zlicious
I think this post is a little backwards, no?

06 Gallardo and the SE have the same HP (520). SE has a few cosmetic mods that a standard 06 doesn't have. Just an FYI..

The Superleggera has the most beautiful interior ever made. It blows out the interior of any Gallardo made to date. It is ALL suede and CF.
I actually bought a Superleggera. It was hideous inside, with all that Carbon Fiber. I got rid of it and kept my Gallardo Nera
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

All the info you ever want to know about the Gallardo and it's specs.

http://wikicars.org/en/Lamborghini_Gallardo
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

I actually bought a Superleggera. It was hideous inside, with all that Carbon Fiber. I got rid of it and kept my Gallardo Nera
yeah, that might be a bit too much carbon fiber. I've only seen photos of the inside.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Good point lol

Here is an up date. I informed the dealer about my new direction in cars around noon today. About 10 minutes ago i received a call from my dealer, they offered msrp if i complete the full application right now. Now what

I think the guy in front of me fell through and they need to submit the allocation before they lose it.

Where are you located? If you are close enough, you are more than welcome to come drive my ZR1 and Gallardo to help make up your mind.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:28 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Do you think this changes any of your opinions? The dealer threw a wrench in my plans. They called me and said i can have the current allocation (a deal fell through i think) for msrp if i fill out and sign everything by tomorrow. It was mentioned that they have to turn in the allocation by a certain time/date or they lose it.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:54 AM
eric89
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think this changes any of your opinions? The dealer threw a wrench in my plans. They called me and said i can have the current allocation (a deal fell through i think) for msrp if i fill out and sign everything by tomorrow. It was mentioned that they have to turn in the allocation by a certain time/date or they lose it.
Go for the Gallardo!!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

All the info you ever want to know about the Gallardo and it's specs.

http://wikicars.org/en/Lamborghini_Gallardo
Like I said, the SE and the 06 have the same HP rating. 520!!

The GSL is when they bumped up the HP, and then bumped it up again with the 560.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:34 AM
FIRSTC6Z06
Racer

Dealers can always order the car for stock. The dealer is not the least bit concerned about loosing the car. Allocation is alloted and the cars are his. GM is looking for the order so he wants you to finalize so he can put in the car with the color and package you want but even those things can be changed until the order has been pulled for production some time later.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 AM
ApexOversteer
Team Owner

OP if the dealer can get you in a ZR1 now, go for it. I'm thinking that in the end the ZR1 will be rarer than the Gallardo.

If you still have the Lambo bug do your homework. There are so many Gallardo variations and they all have their pros and cons. It comes down to what do you want. Go to the Lamborghini section of FerrariChat or LamboPower and lurk/read/ask/learn.

Personally, if you're really talking $150K, I'd be watching the trading prices on examples of the Lamborghini Diablo 6.0VT. I know of a dealer that has 3 available right now offering them to members of a certain forum for just a tick under $160K... but that's just me...

Old 02-14-2009, 06:13 AM
CPG1962
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by 90sundevil
I will pass on any car that costs 10k for a clutch. Buy a 997TT and never look back.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:25 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Where are you located? If you are close enough, you are more than welcome to come drive my ZR1 and Gallardo to help make up your mind.
Thanks 1 BAD ZR1, I appreciate the offer. I am on the east coast now. A shame this all didn’t happen over a year ago when I was in San Antonio TX for the Ranger Medic program.

Originally Posted by Zlicious
Like I said, the SE and the 06 have the same HP rating. 520!!

The GSL is when they bumped up the HP, and then bumped it up again with the 560.
I compared all the models a few months back, the SE was the one i was looking to TT. The 560-4 is still in the $225k range

Originally Posted by ApexOversteer
OP if the dealer can get you in a ZR1 now, go for it. I'm thinking that in the end the ZR1 will be rarer than the Gallardo.

If you still have the Lambo bug do your homework. There are so many Gallardo variations and they all have their pros and cons. It comes down to what do you want. Go to the Lamborghini section of FerrariChat or LamboPower and lurk/read/ask/learn.

Personally, if you're really talking $150K, I'd be watching the trading prices on examples of the Lamborghini Diablo 6.0VT. I know of a dealer that has 3 available right now offering them to members of a certain forum for just a tick under $160K... but that's just me...

Thanks for the links. It was actually the VT from long ago that really drew me to Lamborghini. Something about that car was awe inspiring. Not easy to get in and out of though lol
Old 02-14-2009, 02:22 PM
ApexOversteer
Team Owner

Thanks for the links. It was actually the VT from long ago that really drew me to Lamborghini. Something about that car was awe inspiring. Not easy to get in and out of though lol
Hey, my year-round daily driver has no doors, no roof, and no heater. To me "not easy to get in and out of" seems like the excuse of a ladyboy.

Get notified of new replies

To Wait on a ZR1 or get a Gallardo?

Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ApexOversteer
Hey, my year-round daily driver has no doors, no roof, and no heater. To me "not easy to get in and out of" seems like the excuse of a ladyboy.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Bike I assume
Old 02-14-2009, 04:09 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Bike I assume
Ya, I guess so. Makes sense.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Wait on a ZR1 or get a Gallardo?