Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] More LETHAL and MTI Head Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Vladcanada
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post some prices!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WFO
Agree...great numbers. But, why the extra expense of heads? When with stock Z heads can get these numbers.
Here is an example. Our Striker Cam will dyno 570 rwhp cam only. Our Lethal will dyno 535-550. The Stalker will dyno 515-530.

When you add heads you can get 550-560rwhp with stock drivabiliy oout of our Stalker Cam. You can get excellent drivability 570rwhp with our Lethal.

So what it gives you is more power withour having to cam in the car that doesn't drive the greatest. The heads are worth 28-32 rwhp.

RAGIN RACIN
Randy Leger
337-278-8397
sales@raginracin.com
http://www.raginracin.com

Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the recent flurry of A&A and ECS blower installs they seem like the easy choice for a street car. These H/C/I packages are awesome, but for 9K installed they produce less power than 7psi blower kits and cost more installed.

Those results are awesome though Ragin Racin will be my first stop when the mod game begins regardless of which route I take.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

We make lots of choices here at Ragin Racin because each one of our customers have different personalities when it comes to their cars. I do understand that a blower is an easy choice, but we also have those customers that want that old muscle car sound and don't trust superchargers or nitrous.

We use the A&A supercharger kit. Blower alone it will make 570-590 rwhp on a Z. it will cost $8200 installed and tuned(Street and Dyno)

Our Stage 4 Kit will make 560-580 rwhp and cost $7800 Installed, Street Tuned and Dyno Tuned.

Stage 4 Includes- Lethal or Stalker Cam, MTI Racing LS7 Heads, LG Headers, Calloway Intake, RR-Ported Intake and TB, 160 Stat, LS7 Gasket Package.

The Cost difference is not that much and you can see that the Stage 4 is actually cheaper.

Just some food for thought.

Shawn
Old 01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
C54CSTER
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ragin Racin
We make lots of choices here at Ragin Racin because each one of our customers have different personalities when it comes to their cars. I do understand that a blower is an easy choice, but we also have those customers that want that old muscle car sound and don't trust superchargers or nitrous.

We use the A&A supercharger kit. Blower alone it will make 570-590 rwhp on a Z. it will cost $8200 installed and tuned(Street and Dyno)

Our Stage 4 Kit will make 560-580 rwhp and cost $7800 Installed, Street Tuned and Dyno Tuned.

Stage 4 Includes- Lethal or Stalker Cam, MTI Racing LS7 Heads, LG Headers, Calloway Intake, RR-Ported Intake and TB, 160 Stat, LS7 Gasket Package.

The Cost difference is not that much and you can see that the Stage 4 is actually cheaper.

Just some food for thought.

Shawn

Not to mention the fact that the extra 15 to 30 hp out of the blower package (if that) will not be nearly as useable on street tires. Way to go Shawn. That Stage IV package is sweet.

Christian
Old 01-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by C54CSTER
Not to mention the fact that the extra 15 to 30 hp out of the blower package (if that) will not be nearly as useable on street tires. Way to go Shawn. That Stage IV package is sweet.

Christian

Thank you
Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is very impressive and definitely makes for a tough decision!! Great job either way
Old 01-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Black_Mamba
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First of all...

My numbers aren't the best, but they are correct. You also don't see me parading around hiding my cam specs either. When you get a product from Ragin' Racin' it performs as advertised and you know what you bought before you recieve it.
^^^ My friend, let me congratulate you. Enjoyed that post.
MTI advertises 20hp with unmilled heads and 30 with milled heads. IMHO the heads perform as they are supposed to.(Check out the article http://www.gofastnews.com/board/tech...oved-upon.html) The LETHAL cam usually dynoes 535-550rwhp. so I would say these results are on par.
Originally Posted by Burnin4
how much for the mti porting?
I am seriously considering your stage 4. Not sure about forced induction as in your excellent stage 5 deal. My stock C6Z (with the exception of a Killer Bee) while very powerful, has me wanting more after I decided to get rid of the Supra, a beast, and really looking forward to the beauty and simplicity of an N/A setup like this.

I am confused. Does your kit has milled MTI heads? If not, could you PM me with the cost?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Fast06Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is an example. Our Striker Cam will dyno 570 rwhp cam only. Our Lethal will dyno 535-550. The Stalker will dyno 515-530.

When you add heads you can get 550-560rwhp with stock drivabiliy oout of our Stalker Cam. You can get excellent drivability 570rwhp with our Lethal.

So what it gives you is more power withour having to cam in the car that doesn't drive the greatest. The heads are worth 28-32 rwhp.
So what would a car do with a cold air intake, striker cam, stat, ported tb and intake and tune numbers wise? Any idle videos of the striker?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Randy@RaginRacin
Supporting Vendor

No videos of the Striker, but it should do 565-570
Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Sonic03inSC
Racer

No videos of the Striker, but it should do 565-570
I would really like to here this cam also!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:32 AM
TFAST4U
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MTI advertises 20hp with unmilled heads and 30 with milled heads. IMHO the heads perform as they are supposed to.(Check out the article http://www.gofastnews.com/board/tech...oved-upon.html) The LETHAL cam usually dynoes 535-550rwhp. so I would say these results are on par. I promise you the Lethal cam is not a big cam. I have tested several. I am sure if you want to see 600 rwhp then I can put on the short belt, and an electric water pump, Ice down the intake....and all that good stuff and I could pump out a number. I am sure that would sell my product. Too bad when the customer goes to have it checked at another shop it will be down 25hp from what I told them it had.
On a side note. Now that we have our own in-ground dyno and have a weather station that is out in the open like our cars and not stuffed up against a shop wall that radiates heat (as I see in a lot of dyno shops) we are finding that our numbers have been very accurate. I'll take my true 575rwhp numbers all day long and be respected for being truthful. My numbers aren't the best, but they are correct. You also don't see me parading around hiding my cam specs either. When you get a product from Ragin' Racin' it performs as advertised and you know what you bought before you recieve it.

BTW the car did do 600rwhp uncorrected!!
In these times it's great to read good old honesty. Not to many say the truth.

Chris
Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

I have the stage 3 setup with full bolt ons and a lethal cam,

552 rwhp and 500 ft/tq and the drivability is perfect!!!!!

Great guy's and very very reasonable / honest!!!!!!!

Last edited by BADZ; 02-10-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] More LETHAL and MTI Head Results