Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Why are ZR1 buyers always trying to justify

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:33 PM
k0bun
Melting Slicks

Location: NJ..."the way I saw it, everyone takes a beating sometimes."
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*sigh* Let's try this again.

How can you put a value on what something is worth to someone else?

Last edited by k0bun; 10-16-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Hot Z06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2from53
One of the most moronic posts I've read on this forum.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

This thread sucks. I approve of this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 PM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

From the wording and content of the post, my guess is that the OP does not have a pot to **** in, lives with mom and has a fascination with other peoples rear ends?
Just a guess.
Eric
Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Jaxian
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default How do I know blue to you is blue to me?

I agree with k0bun. What is a lot of money to you might be nothing to the next guy. That's life. I mean people stay in 10k a night rooms in Vegas and don't think twice about it. Or drink thousand dollar bottles of champagne like it's Kool-Aid.

If I was a millionaire and had the extra income sitting around and wanted my ZR right now, I would do it. No one is going to give me brownie points for being frugal when I'm dead. Live life to the fullest you can. If that means a Pinto decked in JC Whitney gear or a Bugatti Veyron modded by the best tuner in the world so be it. As long as you are living the fullest with what you have. Just my .02.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:40 PM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

Ammoman you would be so shocked!!
First of all, I just wrote this to show how moronic the post about Z06 owners being jealous sounds!! ZR1 is just another corvette!!! If anyone is jealous of that then they have there own issues. But it is pretty cool to see how you can get under people you don't even knows skin. God is this your life? Grow up.....Next
Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 8mywal8
Ammoman you would be so shocked!!
First of all, I just wrote this to show how moronic the post about Z06 owners being jealous sounds!! ZR1 is just another corvette!!! If anyone is jealous of that then they have there own issues. But it is pretty cool to see how you can get under people you don't even knows skin. God is this your life? Grow up.....Next
As to the first statement,You certainly did that! Mission accomplished!

Yes, and using your contorted logic, would you also say an L-88 is "just another Corvette" as well?

As for the last, Yes I agree! Ammoman seems to have certainly gotten under someone's skin.

Marty
1FUNZR1
Old 10-16-2008, 07:21 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread in my opinion. I knew immediately he was taking a shot at "jealous Z06 owners" post. Nothing wrong with poking a little fun back in that direction. With all this said, if I was a multi-millionare Id buy a ZR-1 too.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:24 PM
JBHunter
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

First of all, this is America...

In America, you can pay $5000 for a 1967 427 Corvette in 1967 or you can pay 20 times that today because now you can afford one, and then you couldn't

Today you can pay about 35,000 to 45,000 for a 1995 ZR-1 and in 1995 they were 65,000 or less...discounting by some then...

You can pay 65,000 or less for a 2008 or 2009 Z06 new today, and many paid more...

WHO the heck cares what you pay for your Corvette today or yesterday...Enjoy the car, wave at others driving them, and kiss your kids and wife GOODNIGHT tonight...

And be glad there are all those Corvettes out there and one in your gagage...

In America, we have Corvettes...and some of the lucky folks have ZR1's...They're great cars...I wish I had one...
Old 10-16-2008, 07:24 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by ammoman
From the wording and content of the post, my guess is that the OP does not have a pot to **** in, lives with mom and has a fascination with other peoples rear ends?
Just a guess.
Eric
As a young lady I knew 20 years ago said to me so eloquently when see excused herself from our date and spent the night with another "stud" --- buts but. (May apply to cars as well?. Best
Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

why do you have to be a millionaire to own a zr1? i bet most of the new zr1 owners are upper middle class folks, and yes some are millionaire's also...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vettesplus
why do you have to be a millionaire to own a zr1? i bet most of the new zr1 owners are upper middle class folks, and yes some are millionaire's also...
You dont have to be a millionare, I was just stating if I was one, I would buy one at a 160k, along with a ferrari/lambo/ford GT/ACR...etc you get the point
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 PM
L8RG8R
Racer

It is blatantly obvious to me that a few ZR1 owner are experiencing buyers remorse. Occurs alot.....people have to be the first to own something and then the aftershock sits in. I think too many people spend money they do not have, to buy something they do not need, to impress people they do not like. They are miserable to be around because enough is never enough.

Like has already been stated, IF you are in a financial position to buy a ZR1, do it and enjoy it, but don't be mad at the ones that kept their Z06 because you find out your double priced ZR1 isn't much faster. The fact that Wall Street has dipped in the 8,000 range isn't helping matters either with those that spent big bucks on the assumption the economy was stable. Somewhere down the line, folks buying on credit must pay and I saw the writing on the wall 3.5 years ago. That's part of the reason I am enjoying my paid in full 07 Z06. I'd buy a ZR1 if the time was right but it is the wrong time.......for me, anyway. If you can pay cash for one and still have plenty in reserve, I salute you
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by L8RG8R
It is blatantly obvious to me that a few ZR1 owner are experiencing buyers remorse. Occurs alot.....people have to be the first to own something and then the aftershock sits in. I think too many people spend money they do not have, to buy something they do not need, to impress people they do not like. They are miserable to be around because enough is never enough.

Like has already been stated, IF you are in a financial position to buy a ZR1, do it and enjoy it, but don't be mad at the ones that kept their Z06 because you find out your double priced ZR1 isn't much faster. The fact that Wall Street has dipped in the 8,000 range isn't helping matters either with those that spent big bucks on the assumption the economy was stable. Somewhere down the line, folks buying on credit must pay and I saw the writing on the wall 3.5 years ago. That's part of the reason I am enjoying my paid in full 07 Z06. I'd buy a ZR1 if the time was right but it is the wrong time.......for me, anyway. If you can pay cash for one and still have plenty in reserve, I salute you
HMMM, can you please show us where it is blatantly obvious to you that a few ZR1 owner are experiencing buyers remorse. I have not seen this anywhere, nor have you.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 AM
c5_4_me
Pro

My ZR1 is slower than the speed of light squared.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ammoman
Just a guess.
Eric
Or owns a business, owns a house, has a Z06 that is paid in full and still has time to **** you off.

just a guess.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 AM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jrubicon
You dont have to be a millionare, I was just stating if I was one, I would buy one at a 160k, along with a ferrari/lambo/ford GT/ACR...etc you get the point
you would need to be a multi-millionare

Get notified of new replies

To Why are ZR1 buyers always trying to justify

Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

...or a millionaire without a house, just a bunch of cars to sleep in. lol

I don't buy every car based on speed, if that were the case all of the old musclecars and classic Corvettes would be considered junk by today's performance standard. If GM quits making the ZR1 after this year, I'll probably regret not buying one if they get to MSRP pricing soon. They will go up in value over time.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 AM
mpett1
Pro

Originally Posted by redknight
The markup is no higher percentage wise then when the first c6 z06s came out. Some people (not me unfortunately) have money to throw around, get over it. Markup equals fair market value at this time so no one got taken to the bank.
Ah don’t worry brother I doesn’t bother me at all. But it is a plain and simple fact that they did get taken to the bank and threw there money into a whole for a depreciating asset and the same for the Z06 owners that did the same. A wise investor never throws his money away and always looks for the value in everything..
Old 10-17-2008, 12:08 PM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Or owns a business, owns a house, has a Z06 that is paid in full and still has time to **** you off.

just a guess.
Sorry i couldn't comment sooner.Out driving the ZR1
You guys should trade up.This thing is awesome.
Eric

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Why are ZR1 buyers always trying to justify