Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Why are C6 Z06 owners so jealous?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 02:25 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think both cars are great. I will take either one. You won't hear me complain.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:42 AM
KB9GKC
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Hello,

Your right, it's called class envy. Middle class hates rich people even though rich peoples taxes pay for most of the middle class luxuries. Personally when I was growing up I always admired those doing well and aspired to be more like them and today, I am doing well.

Enjoy that ZR1, it's a dream come true to see the muscle cars back.

America the Beautiful will shine again soon!

Douglas in Green Bay
Old 10-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Fast Freddy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why buy a ZR1 when you can buy a Ford GT
Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
divitasbluepitbulls
Pro

I could race a ZR-1 in reverse and I know I could give it a run for the money. i will bold enough to say I could beat it!!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:32 AM
DoctorV8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
why buy a ZR1 when you can buy a Ford GT
Only reason I can think of is because the ZR1 is a far better daily driver....I already made my choice, though....
Old 10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
NevadaVette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have ever been in a business that sells capital goods in varying price ranges to consumers, you would be familiar with the type of behavior that you describe. Very few customers ever just come out and state that they cannot afford the higher priced product; most of the time, after you wade through the stories, nit pickings, and denigrations of the alternate product, that is the true answer.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:52 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by ddslt5
here's some simple math: You'll get raped.

And no reach around for you either!
lmao
Old 10-11-2008, 12:18 PM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

Not jealous, just realistic. I can afford the ZR1, but I just don't see the value in the car at what the dealers are asking. When the car is lower than sticker then I will buy one. I will also let you act as guinea pigs so when I do buy one all the bugs will be worked out. Maybe by that time they will have a plastic front lower spoiler on the car and ditch the CF garbage. It is just a matter of time before we start reading about people damaging their spoilers and how much it will cost to repair or replace. Never have paid sticker for a car and never will.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Divexxtreme
Pro

I think the ZR1 is an awesome car. I honestly like the looks of the Z06 better, but the ZR1 is definitely the better car overall.

I for one am waiting a year or two to see how they hold up to miles, mods and to see what happens to the resale. After that, I may just pick one up for myself.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-11-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
8mywal8
Burning Brakes

They just want to toot there horns.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:50 PM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by redknight

it does everything the z06 does but better AND rides nicer. It will match a modded z06 AND still have a warranty. But you're right it offers nothing over a z06. The z06 is the end all of corvettes and a better one shall never be made. Imagine if people had said that about previous greater than normal vettes...
I believe you misundertood me. I am not defending the Z06 nor degrading the ZR1.

I am simply saying that "too me" the ZR1 offers no improvement for stret use. I road race a C6 (allot of fun) and my supercharged Z06 is still warrantied. As someone pointed out, it is true, the magnetic ride is versatile, and an improvement. I own 8 cars, the Corvette fits into the "hot rod" category in whatever form. It is not an exotic nor does it pretend to be one. After so much power, the rest is for bragging rights. Best
Old 10-11-2008, 12:53 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

You know whats funny about this thread?

So far nearly EVERY(less one honest guy) single Z06 owner "can afford" a ZR1 "if they wanted one" :rolleye: So b/c you can afford a $70k car you can automatically afford one that costs $120k++

Just like EVERY C5 Z06 could afford the C6 Z when it came, they just liked their C5 better. Yea right.

Ego... Its tough going from being the big dog on campus to 2nd fiddle.

Last edited by SurfnSun; 10-11-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
DoctorV8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
the ZR1 offers no improvement for stret (sic)use...... it is true, the magnetic ride is versatile, and an improvement.

So which is it? Improvement or not?

Having a magnetic ride C5 in the garage and a C6Z..I can tell you F55 is HUGE for a street car. If they make that an option in 2010 on the Z06, I'm trading my Z in.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
RedC6
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The belief that Z06 owners are jealous is just ridiculous. You could say the same thing about non-Z owners being jelous of Z06 owners... blah, blah, blah....

I think it's just SOME of the ZR1 owners PERCEPTION that thier car is "so much better" that Z06 owners must be jelous... but nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have a great respect for the ZR1, admire it, and could really buy one if I wanted, but choose not to and as a grown man, really don't feel jelous of anyone that owns one or the car itself. To be honest, I just don't care that it's better compared to my Z06! and....

There's always going to be a bigger, better, faster car than yours anyways, so what's the point? Are the ZR1 owners jelous of the F430 or Lambo owners?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Erix
Pro

I have the better question:

Why are ZR1 wwners constantly seeking validation or adoration??

Some would say they are bought simply for ego. And those that cant handle the opinions of others are just confirming that its esteem related.

That said, if any of these guys cant handle someone not wanting to feed their ego, they have enough issues and that is something you'd want to investigate, not the OP's inane question.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
STEVE HOLM
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
I am noticing a trend with some of the C6 Z06 owners! The word is "jealously".

jealous-
1 a: intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness b: disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness
2: hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage
3: vigilant in guarding a possession <new colonies were jealous of their new independence — Scott Buchanan>
— jeal·ous·ly adverb
— jeal·ous·ness noun

It's still a Corvette guys. Face the facts. It will out handle you, out brake you, and simple out gun you.

The only way around the acceleration is to mod your car. There is not much you can do about the braking, or the handling.

Your C6 Z06 is still a bad *** car, but the new kid on the block has arrived! This sort of thing happens in the car industry.
wHO CARES!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:19 PM
chsmith112
Drifting

I don't have either but I would rather have a Z06 because I would never use the full potential of a ZR1 and I like the look of the Z06 alot better. Bargin wise Z06 > ZR1.

Get notified of new replies

To Why are C6 Z06 owners so jealous?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC6
The belief that Z06 owners are jealous is just ridiculous. You could say the same thing about non-Z owners being jelous of Z06 owners... blah, blah, blah...

They do Everytime a coupe or vert owner say something stupid like why buy a Z06 when I can just mod my car to be faster? Then the Z06 guys jump all over that guy BUT it is true SOME not all Z owners seem to have that same attitude with the ZR1. I will just cam my Z or I will just supercharge my car. Still not the same. Everyone should just be happy with what they have.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I dont have either and No i cannot afford a zr1. If I had the money to buy a zr1 I definitely would not. The extra money for the zr1 is a waste. it is fuglier with fuglier wheels. Although back in the past I always said the c4 zr1 was a waste of money vs a regular c4, now that those Zr1 prices have plummeted I favor the Z because of the LT5. the new Zr1 is just a supercharged lsx.

I would buy a c6z in black. buy those headlight covers to cover the fugly exposed lights (best hidden on black). Lower the car. Add 21/20 HRE 3 piece wheels. Cam, headers and exhaust. I'm sure I'll see a Zr1 on the street pull by me knowing hes faster or better handling. But not better looking or sounding. And the icing on the cake is all the leftover money I have in the bank.

How many c6z owners do you know Rick? quite a statement to title your post like that. Just asking for a pissing contest
Old 10-11-2008, 02:42 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Alright, Alright, Which of the many comments I made got me caught???? Was it "We don't need no stinkin' Superchargers". Or was is "My car is faster than your car!!".

Last edited by JT Metal; 10-11-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Why are C6 Z06 owners so jealous?