Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] MacMulkin Chevrolet has a ZR1 for YOUR VIEWING Pleasure!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Bigbucks
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tintin
I would pay no sales tax as I would register and insure the car in New Hampshire. Why would you do anything else?
In order to do this you would need a legitimate NH mailing address. Also, once a year you have to pay NH a use tax which is based on the MSRP of the car. This is still way less than the sales tax, but something that still has to be paid yearly.

I once bought a Jag and registered it in NH using a condo address I owned. But I kept the car at my CT home. I got tired of worrying about tax enforcement (since they look for out of state plates), so I finally transferred the reg to CT. Of course, since it was about two years later, I didn't have to pay any sales tax to CT upon transfer.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbucks
In order to do this you would need a legitimate NH mailing address. Also, once a year you have to pay NH a use tax which is based on the MSRP of the car. This is still way less than the sales tax, but something that still has to be paid yearly.

I once bought a Jag and registered it in NH using a condo address I owned. But I kept the car at my CT home. I got tired of worrying about tax enforcement (since they look for out of state plates), so I finally transferred the reg to CT. Of course, since it was about two years later, I didn't have to pay any sales tax to CT upon transfer.
Good to know. The registration in AZ will be about $1500- annually, droping 10% per year thereafter. Maybe I should get someone to buy the thing in NH. I can then buy it from them.. AZ has no sales tax for used cars if they are bought from a private party , regardless of the age of the car. Maybe I should let someone drive it for the day and then turn it over to me I could pay for it and have them sell it to me for the dealer price.. Or I could rent an apartment for a month in Nashua to register the thing.. Half the cars in Scottsdale have out of state plates in winter..
Old 09-24-2008, 03:52 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Default ZR1 Engine Builer is>>>

The Engine Builer's Nameplate on the ZR1 says Dale Simmet. It is a MUCH nicer looking plate and easier to find than the one on the LS7 Z06engines.

Ron
Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Man, that gray looks soooooo Good!

MINOR NIT:
I saw photos of a yellow one on other thread, and the blue trim and calipers jar the eye... same thing here... wish they would have went to black, dark gray, or some other color that does not so obviously completely clash with most body colors, for all those blue common parts...

That sure would not stop me from buying one, though!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbucks
Love how the brake rotors just happen to match the body color.
... plus I think the blue goes very well with the cyber grey ... great color combo IMO.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
GlennSullivan
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
... plus I think the blue goes very well with the cyber grey ... great color combo IMO.
I think because of the blue (dumb decision), the only colors that really work are Cyber Grey & Black
Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice
Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 AM
jw38
Team Owner

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18,'21

Originally Posted by Tintin
I would pay no sales tax as I would register and insure the car in New Hampshire. Why would you do anything else?
Unless you have a permanent, physical address in New Hampshire...that's illegal.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jw38
Unless you have a permanent, physical address in New Hampshire...that's illegal.
I don't follow your reasoning.
I already said I could rent an apartment or just pay someone in New Hampshire to thrash my car for the day.. You need to live in a country with more taxes to improve your creativity...

For a country founded on a tax revolt, they sure get everyone to pay up pretty easily.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coolcat
At least they had the good sense not to slap a dealer logo on the rear end.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is why I'm using my Oregon addy this time.165.00 Title and plates for 2 yrs.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:20 AM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

from the looks of the showroom they just collect vettes not sell them.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Vietnam Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Simply beautiful!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Sorry for off topic:

ANYTIME YOU BUY A CAR, BOAT, OR ANYTHING THAT IS TITLED FROM A NO SALES TAX STATE AND RETURN TO A STATE THAT REQUIRES SALES TAX, YOU WILL PAY SALES TAX

In the great state of TEXAS. We are a sales tax state!!!! When you register for plates, the court house requires dealer documentation from the POS or you don't get registered plates in your name. It's a fact regardless where you bought!!!! Shady or not, it's a law here!!

Besides now days if you can afford a 100k+ car, what an additional 7-9k????????????

On topic:

Very nice ZR1!!!!!

Last edited by BADZ; 10-05-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Ken_C8
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 410 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '21

Originally Posted by markbrown
from the looks of the showroom they just collect vettes not sell them.
I stopped by today at 1pm. I pulled up in my Vette and parked right out front. I proceeded upstairs and was not greeted by anyone, nor did I see a salesperson for the entire 20 minutes I walked around the showroom. I also did not see another customer. The only employee I saw was the girl behind the reception desk who appeared to be surfing the internet....

Old 10-05-2008, 03:54 PM
GlennSullivan
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken_C5
I stopped by today at 1pm. I pulled up in my Vette and parked right out front. I proceeded upstairs and was not greeted by anyone, nor did I see a salesperson for the entire 20 minutes I walked around the showroom. I also did not see another customer. The only employee I saw was the girl behind the reception desk who appeared to be surfing the internet....
Well, it is Sunday
Old 10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jw38
May not work in NH but it works in Vermont!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] MacMulkin Chevrolet has a ZR1 for YOUR VIEWING Pleasure!!