Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 AM
crystalvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the amount of ZR1's on ebay with no bids and the amount sitting on dealer lots unsold I think what I said in this original post was dead on.

If you have the money and you want a ZR1 you can have one at sticker today.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 AM
als 09 zr1
Advanced

Originally Posted by crystalvette
Based on the amount of ZR1's on ebay with no bids and the amount sitting on dealer lots unsold I think what I said in this original post was dead on.

I don't think so-NOT YET, They are sitting on dealer lots because they are trying to get 140k plus. If they were selling at MSRP, they would all be sold. I would certainly be interested at MSRP,
Old 10-09-2008, 06:54 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,123 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by als 09 zr1
I don't think so-NOT YET, They are sitting on dealer lots because they are trying to get 140k plus. If they were selling at MSRP, they would all be sold. I would certainly be interested at MSRP,
It is going to take a few weeks before some of these dealers realize that the big market adjustments they were anticipating are simply not going to happen with the events of the past three weeks. That means that they will be lowering their expectations with time but not necessarily to MSRP tomorrow. You are exactly right that no one has a ZR1 in inventory because if it was at MSRP, it would have been pre-sold and delivered when it came in. The only cars in stock are those being trolled for big premiums.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:29 PM
vette6799
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by GOLD72
It is going to take a few weeks before some of these dealers realize that the big market adjustments they were anticipating are simply not going to happen with the events of the past three weeks. That means that they will be lowering their expectations with time but not necessarily to MSRP tomorrow. You are exactly right that no one has a ZR1 in inventory because if it was at MSRP, it would have been pre-sold and delivered when it came in. The only cars in stock are those being trolled for big premiums.
It is simply a question of time, and the ZR1 will be a lot quicker to reach MSRP than was the Z06. These are my reasons:

Fewer buyers who can afford the car at MSRP
Economy in the crapper
Looks very similar to the Z06 unless you are a true car guy
Some of us find the looks, particularly the hood and the blue brake color, to be nothing spectacular and even a detriment
Improved performance, but not improved enough to justify 40K+

In the mean time, congrats to those who are enjoying these babies, regardless of what they paid.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

6 weeks since the op said that these cars would be selling at MSRP or slightly higher in two weeks since his original post. Even at near bankruptcy for GM and the economy in the US in the worst shape since the depression, MSRP is still not being seen or even close yet.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope but there are alot of unsold ones lol

Originally Posted by Racer44
6 weeks since the op said that these cars would be selling at MSRP or slightly higher in two weeks since his original post. Even at near bankruptcy for GM and the economy in the US in the worst shape since the depression, MSRP is still not being seen or even close yet.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
jrubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

relentless
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Hot Z06
Pro

Originally Posted by crystalvette

well That is me. PM me, and set me up..I will take care of you as well

Thank you
Old 01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by crystalvette View Post
I think there will be a lots full of unsold ZR1's sitting around very soon.
If you want one just wait a few weeks and the prices will be at or a touch over sticker
Posted over 4 months ago......... Not even close.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:02 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverbullet6spd
I saw my first ZR1 today! One of my BMW customers drove it in to show off.He paid $94k according to him.
With trade? with-out I doubt it!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 AM
FIRSTC6Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
With trade? with-out I doubt it!
That was probably the sales tax based on the amount over MSRP he paid!

OR...That's why he didn't have his BMW any more? (94K+Bimmer=25K over?)
Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I just looked at the Hardy site. I see that Kerbeck has sold one of the two that they have had, and we know they were asking WAY over list for them.

Criswell still has the two they have been sitting on, and once again it is well know that they have been holding out for big mony on them.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
mkerouac
Racer

Originally Posted by bgreen83
Nope but there are alot of unsold ones lol
So how do you define alot? 30-40 cars in Inventory is not alot by any standards. Yes the economy is in the tank, but people with money still spend it. This car is also starting to get some recognition among the exotic owners. This car is special. Those of you that don't think so, need to drive one back to back with a Z06 to understand. Heck drive it back to back with a F430 or a Ford GT. The ZR1 performs noticeably better. I was at Spring Mountain this week. Spent a ton of time in a Z06 at speed. Also spent a full day in a ZR1 at speed. The Z06 is a very, very good track car. I owned one. Loved it then, still love it now. Dollar for dollar I would say it's the best way you could spend your money. But the extra grip on the ZR1 was jaw dropping. The brakes were spectacular and the acceleration was head snapping. I had some better drivers behind me in a Z06, that were faster than me in the turns, but as soon as we hit the back straight I was gone. The Z06 driver said he just couldn't keep up on the straight sections. Put me in the Z06 and the other driver in the ZR1 and I would lost 10-15 seconds a lap. The car is that good. (and no, I am not that bad) One of the club members showed up with a guest to open lap his F430 and Ford GT. He asked to lap the ZR1. His initial response when he first sat in the car was, no big deal. He, like many people thought the interior looked cheap. But once he got out on the track, he turned into a believer. He agreed the ZR1 performed better than his two supercars.

Just like Tom says, on Dream Car Garage. Do you need a car like this? No. But do you want a car like this? Absolutely.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by mkerouac
So how do you define alot? 30-40 cars in Inventory is not alot by any standards. Yes the economy is in the tank, but people with money still spend it. This car is also starting to get some recognition among the exotic owners. This car is special. Those of you that don't think so, need to drive one back to back with a Z06 to understand. Heck drive it back to back with a F430 or a Ford GT. The ZR1 performs noticeably better. I was at Spring Mountain this week. Spent a ton of time in a Z06 at speed. Also spent a full day in a ZR1 at speed. The Z06 is a very, very good track car. I owned one. Loved it then, still love it now. Dollar for dollar I would say it's the best way you could spend your money. But the extra grip on the ZR1 was jaw dropping. The brakes were spectacular and the acceleration was head snapping. I had some better drivers behind me in a Z06, that were faster than me in the turns, but as soon as we hit the back straight I was gone. The Z06 driver said he just couldn't keep up on the straight sections. Put me in the Z06 and the other driver in the ZR1 and I would lost 10-15 seconds a lap. The car is that good. (and no, I am not that bad) One of the club members showed up with a guest to open lap his F430 and Ford GT. He asked to lap the ZR1. His initial response when he first sat in the car was, no big deal. He, like many people thought the interior looked cheap. But once he got out on the track, he turned into a believer. He agreed the ZR1 performed better than his two supercars.

Just like Tom says, on Dream Car Garage. Do you need a car like this? No. But do you want a car like this? Absolutely.

Just drove these cars back to back at Spring Mountain School in Nevada last week. I can tell you first hand that there are definite differences in these cars on and off of the track. The ZR1 is really that good..... and the school at Spring Mountain, SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!

cheers!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:40 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

Posted over 4 months ago......... Not even close.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
thanxa
Instructor

Default You remind me of the 92 tire kickers .

With all due respect , all of the people who bought their ZR1s from me did not even meet with me. They had their brokers conduct the deal for them . How much ,never was a factor in each and every sale . It was simply how soon can the Prince / Boss / CEO/Car Collector take delivery or where should we wire transfer the US funds to ? Like I stated earlier, if you must rely on Kelly Blue book, Consumer reports, or the neighborhood Maven to make a decision for you the ZR1 is not in your league . There is nothing wrong with buying yourself a Z06 and asking for and getting a $ 10,000 discount . Do you think that because the economy is in the tank the Van Gogh art museum in Amsterdam is going to conduct a fire sale on the centuries old masters works ? Stay on your side of the train tracks , the ZR1 is not for you .
Old 01-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Gov2094
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thanxa
With all due respect , all of the people who bought their ZR1s from me did not even meet with me. They had their brokers conduct the deal for them . How much ,never was a factor in each and every sale . It was simply how soon can the Prince / Boss / CEO/Car Collector take delivery or where should we wire transfer the US funds to ? Like I stated earlier, if you must rely on Kelly Blue book, Consumer reports, or the neighborhood Maven to make a decision for you the ZR1 is not in your league . There is nothing wrong with buying yourself a Z06 and asking for and getting a $ 10,000 discount . Do you think that because the economy is in the tank the Van Gogh art museum in Amsterdam is going to conduct a fire sale on the centuries old masters works ? Stay on your side of the train tracks , the ZR1 is not for you .
Damn!

Get notified of new replies

To I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks

Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 PM
weather7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by breakskeet

Just drove these cars back to back at Spring Mountain School in Nevada last week. I can tell you first hand that there are definite differences in these cars on and off of the track. The ZR1 is really that good..... and the school at Spring Mountain, SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!

cheers!
If you drove one at SM then you must own one, since the ZR1s are only available to those who have bought the car. I was just there a few days ago. In fact a two-day class at SM comes "free" with every purchase of a ZR1, so congrats to you on your purchase.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by weather7
If you drove one at SM then you must own one, since the ZR1s are only available to those who have bought the car. I was just there a few days ago. In fact a two-day class at SM comes "free" with every purchase of a ZR1, so congrats to you on your purchase.
He does own one.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 AM
El Puto
Drifting

Originally Posted by thanxa

The ZR1 is like Van Gogh?

As for the rest of what you said, well, FU.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks