Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Pfadt Engine and transmission mounts???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 PM
DriverMod44
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pfadt Engine and transmission mounts???

what do you think of them?
do they help wheel hop?
how is the vibration in the car?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 PM
alyousuf
Cruising

well I saw a video on Pfadts website and it seems impressive to say the least, im gonna order them in a few days, hoping for some good results...
Old 08-10-2008, 06:18 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

keep reading the ad,its a play with words.they DO NOT get rid of wheel hop.shame on them.they say almost the same thing on the shocks
Old 08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
alyousuf
Cruising

Originally Posted by patton
keep reading the ad,its a play with words.they DO NOT get rid of wheel hop.shame on them.they say almost the same thing on the shocks
well
Old 08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
DOMSCOM
Racer

Originally Posted by alyousuf
well
Have both on my car. They are made to keep the motor and driveline from twisting under torque. They eliminate 95% of the twist, giving better throttle response.
As far as vibration is concerned, if you are sitting in 1st or neutral, you will feel the vibration of the motor. Not a bad thing when you wish to impress your friends, and to me, it is not objectionable. You will also feel more driveline vibration with the transmission mounts. But after a couple of days, it all seems normal...and is not objectionable. My car has the bolt in chassis bar, poly bushings to all the control arms, coilovers, sways and competition swaybar pillow blocks to boot.... The car corners as though it is on rails....shame, I have never tracked the car, but I get to use the cornering and ugraded suspension every time I drive the car...it's a great suspension upgrade...would not be without it for the world.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
DriverMod44
Instructor

Anyone else have experience with these products?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
redd214
Cruising

Are there any more opinions o nthese items, thinking about puchasing them for my Z. Thanx in advance for any help.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
RC45
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by patton
Say what? That they will not cure wheel hop ?

I am not sure what road race guys would worry about wheel hop for anyway.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

I have the trans mounts and if my car wasn't as modified as it was, I would not do them again. I don't care for the drive train noise it transfers into the car.

They also don't do anything for wheel hop though However, I've never really had a wheel hop problem before, stock or otherwise.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:02 AM
RC45
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LPFSTheFett
I have the trans mounts and if my car wasn't as modified as it was, I would not do them again. I don't care for the drive train noise it transfers into the car.

They also don't do anything for wheel hop though However, I've never really had a wheel hop problem before, stock or otherwise.
Interested in selling them?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

i have the engine mounts but not the trans mounts going in my car. we'll see how they do
Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 AM
atomicfusion
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DOMSCOM
Have both on my car. They are made to keep the motor and driveline from twisting under torque. They eliminate 95% of the twist, giving better throttle response.
As far as vibration is concerned, if you are sitting in 1st or neutral, you will feel the vibration of the motor. Not a bad thing when you wish to impress your friends, and to me, it is not objectionable. You will also feel more driveline vibration with the transmission mounts. But after a couple of days, it all seems normal...and is not objectionable. My car has the bolt in chassis bar, poly bushings to all the control arms, coilovers, sways and competition swaybar pillow blocks to boot.... The car corners as though it is on rails....shame, I have never tracked the car, but I get to use the cornering and ugraded suspension every time I drive the car...it's a great suspension upgrade...would not be without it for the world.
I have the bar, coil overs, trans and motor mounts in my car and I pretty much agree with this guy about those things.

I like em, I don't mind hearing the drive train or feeling the motor, some people will hate those things, and if you want your corvette to ride like a luxury car, then these are not for you.

I'm pretty happy with them.... I am running 1.53 60's and I have to believe these helped.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 AM
diehard225
Intermediate

I had to remove mine...too noisy
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by DriverMod44
what do you think of them?
do they help wheel hop?
how is the vibration in the car?
Pfadt Coil Over Shocks/Anti Sways=No Wheel Hop at all. Period.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 AM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, that's a lot of money for a car that isn't going on the track; on the street you will never be able to see what it can really do. Take that sucker to the track.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 AM
diehard225
Intermediate

I have pfadt coil over, I have pfadt sway bar, I have bushings.

As other people I had to remove the transmission mounts.

-what do you think of them?

A waste of money.

- do they help wheel hop?
No

-how is the vibration in the car?
much higher
Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Default Bolt in Chassis bar?

What is the bolt in chassis bar and who is the source.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Engine and transmission mounts???

Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Maxx Schlick
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got my new Pfadt Motor and Tranny mounts installed and I'm very happy with the improvement. From the very first time I let the clutch out, I could feel the diffenence. The drive line now feels solid as a rock. It feels like the driveline and the rest of the car are now all one solid unit.

Before the mod was done you could feel the motor and tranny moving (flexing and rotating) within the frame rails every time you let the clutch out, or got on and off the gas. The stick shift would move left and right quite a bit.
It would get massive uncontrollable wheel hop under hard acceleration.

After the mod was done you can tell that the motor and tranny are not moving around at all, they are bolted down. The stick shift is now solid as a rock, it does not rock left and right like it used to.
No more wheel hop, ZERO. Tires will spin smooth as glass.

Vibration is about what I had expected after reading what other forum members have reported. You can definantly feel the motor and tranny doing their thing, but in a very good way. It is not obnoxious or annoying, it just feels and sounds real good.
Great feedback thru the seat of your pants!
..................... It is the real deal.

Tranny mount

Motor mount

My oem Mounts were broken resulting in massive driveline shake (wheel hop)
What is with the oil filled jelly donut motor mounts they put in our Zs!!

I replaced the broken motor and tranny mounts with the Pfadt Aluminum and Delrin units as shown in this previous thread...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ny-mounts.html

Last edited by Maxx Schlick; 08-22-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Maxx Schlick
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I you decide to install the solid mounts, this thread has some good info;

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...he-engine.html

Old 08-22-2010, 11:17 AM
songman3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx Schlick
Finally got my new Pfadt Motor and Tranny mounts installed and I'm very happy with the improvement. From the very first time I let the clutch out, I could feel the diffenence. The drive line now feels solid as a rock. It feels like the driveline and the rest of the car are now all one solid unit.

Before the mod was done you could feel the motor and tranny moving (flexing and rotating) within the frame rails every time you let the clutch out, or got on and off the gas. The stick shift would move left and right quite a bit.
It would get massive uncontrollable wheel hop under hard acceleration.

After the mod was done you can tell that the motor and tranny are not moving around at all, they are bolted down. The stick shift is now solid as a rock, it does not rock left and right like it used to.
No more wheel hop, ZERO. Tires will spin smooth as glass.

Vibration is about what I had expected after reading what other forum members have reported. You can definantly feel the motor and tranny doing their thing, but in a very good way. It is not obnoxious or annoying, it just feels and sounds real good.
Great feedback thru the seat of your pants!
..................... It is the real deal. :thumbs
I have fitted both the Pfadt engine and trans mounts, and the above comments are exactly my experience as well.

I like them! - the real deal for me too

Quick Reply: [Z06] Pfadt Engine and transmission mounts???