Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Upgrading my z06, twin turbo style

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
udlooze
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading my z06, twin turbo style

Im the proud new owner of a black 06 z06 finally, the car has tons of power but i want alot more (im crazy). Iv been looking at turbo kits such as the sts kit, hp kit, and aps kit, they all seem to be around the same price, the 9,000 mark. Now i have a budget of about 25,000 to do my motor for boost and the kit itself, obviously the less i spend to do it proper the better. My goal is about 800whp on pump gas (94 octane) and methanol injection. Now what would you guys do? what kinda tt numbers are most guys making on a stock motor? i think im gonna go ahead and do forged rods and pistons just to be on the safe side. What kit do you think is the better twin turbo set up?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Jeenis
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

head over to the FI section. also you can do a search for "twin turbo Z06". There are lots of people that have done builds with a TT, and many more that are in the process of getting one (such as myself)

Most builds that I've read about seem to use sleeved aluminum or LSx iron blocks. I think you can do stock block as well tho.

For 25k you can do alot. I'm around the 22k mark (12k mark if my LS7 ever sells!) so far. My build consists of a Warhawk 427, fully built, APS TT, stock injectors, stock heads, stock dry oil sump, stock radiator. You will need upgraded clutch (I use exedy twin disc) as well. Think upgraded rear end as well for future upgrade. I'm going to start at low boost, around 3 or 4 psi and hit 620-640ish rwhp. Then eventually upgrade the rest for the real power
Old 08-07-2008, 12:52 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by udlooze
Iv been looking at turbo kits such as the sts kit, hp kit, and aps kit, they all seem to be around the same price, the 9,000 mark.
When did the APS drop it's MSRP over $3000?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Jeenis
head over to the FI section.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:20 AM
ayousef
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWTD
When did the APS drop it's MSRP over $3000?
its the tuner kit not the complete one yet its still above 10k
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
0MDMCZ06
Former Vendor

udlooze, there's definately options for you that will meet your goals, and fit your budget. I replied to your other thread.

Ed
Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Originally Posted by MDMCZ06
udlooze, there's definately options for you that will meet your goals, and fit your budget. I replied to your other thread.

Ed
Ed will take good care of you
Old 08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
IPS Motorsports
Burning Brakes

We have done two APS z06s already with lsx blocks , and the results are awesome, but they have some side effects that APS is going to release sooner hopefully then later. Its a good kit, just some draw backs in our experience, and from what i understand another car as well that makes the same power we are at. We made on 105 octane * to be safe 93 might have been doable 935 on the car through and auto (which we converted yes its a Z06 *username LPFStheFett s car on this forum)

I would honestly look into the tti kit, it seems very nice and for your power goals, I think you would be happy.

If you have any questions or concern, you can call us at the shop anytime, we are moving on to another TT Z car next week so we are up on the new generations of kits, and results.

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrading my z06, twin turbo style

Quick Reply: [Z06] Upgrading my z06, twin turbo style