Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Dealer damaged my car...again

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:19 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'09-'10

Default Dealer damaged my car...again

Took my car into the dealer to have the brakes looked at a month ago. The tech working on the car scratched both rear calipers in the process of taking them on/off. Didn't say anything. I noticed it the next day and called the dealer. It was pretty minor so I let them touch up the paint and not order new calipers. No problem it was pretty minor. Well, car is back at the dealer to take care of a check engine light and a skipping CD player. Service adviser called me this afternoon. The overhead door to the service bay came down on the nose of my car. According to him there is a "minor chip" in the nose that they are going to fix. I told him I want to see the car before they touch it. I also want to talk to the service manager as well as the dealership manager when I get there and to not expect the meeting to be pleasant. I'm just about to leave to head down there now. Pissed does not even describe my mood right now.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:36 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

That certainly sucks. Good luck in getting everything resolved. I know it's unfortunate and I'd be just as pissed at first, but take a deep breath, and remind yourself that it's just a car.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:48 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
That certainly sucks. Good luck in getting everything resolved. I know it's unfortunate and I'd be just as pissed at first, but take a deep breath, and remind yourself that it's just a car.
I know it's just a car. I truly see a repainted front fascia in my future. And of course I have a car show this weekend.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:48 PM
capn37
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A door came down on it and all it did was chip it? That sounds like an understatement.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
vdshenoy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

They better have a new replacement factory sprayed bumper for you...
Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by vdshenoy
They better have a new replacement factory sprayed bumper for you...
I haven't seen it yet. But we'll see.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Wake Bandit
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep your cool.
Loose your head and your *** soon follows.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
DrtyHarry
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insist on a new factory bumper. I wouldn't leave until they agree.

I'd also look for another dealership to work on your car seeing as how this is not the first time they messed it up. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Lucky13
Burning Brakes

Best of luck. For what its worth, the dealer damaged the interior of my days-old car last week. They were gonna order new parts. But I was so mad that they pulled another new car off the lot and did a parts swap right there in front of me. I was incredibly upset but it was an accident and I must admit they really did "make good" immediately.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 PM
SABER Racing
Pro

I can't even type that gets me so wound up!!!!!!!!!!! You can bet if it was his car it would not have gotten a scratch.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran

Just got back from the dealer. I'm not happy to say the least. I looked at the car. The very tip of the lower from fascia is definitely damaged and will need to be repainted. The chin spoiler is also scraped and will need to be replaced. I looked at the overhead door where the damaged happened. The sensors are definitely in a poor place for a vette. No vette would have tripped them. The dealer was very apologetic and is going to repaint the nose and blend everything to my standard which is very high. The dealer is doing everything they can to make it right. The bad news is, I'm leaving for a trip on Friday morning and the car will not be ready by then. So I'm going to have to drive it damaged and have it fixed when I get back. To add insult to injury, the CD player they car was having replaced in the first place arrived damaged so they had to overnight a new one. Best case the new CD player will be in by 12 or 1 tomorrow afternoon. Worst case, no CD player and I'm driving the dealer's new 2008 Z to WI on Friday

So the good news. The chin spoiler was scraped from the previous owner and now I'll get a brand new one. There are a few stone chips in the nose, also from the previous owner that will now be taken care of. Bottom line, the nose will be in better shape than when I bought the car when this is all done. Also I cracked the driver side fuel rail cover replacing the spark plugs this weekend. The dealership is replacing the cover under "warranty". Doesn't make things right, but it's a step in the right direction. I told the service manager the only thing stopping me from killing him on the spot is a good friend of mine is coming into town tonight and I don't want her to have to bail me out of jail.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
cliff03
Advanced

I hear ya bro, sounds like they made good on the fiasco. Good luck in the future and try to find a better dealership.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 PM
blitzu
Racer

Originally Posted by NavyC5
Just got back from the dealer. I'm not happy to say the least. I looked at the car. The very tip of the lower from fascia is definitely damaged and will need to be repainted. The chin spoiler is also scraped and will need to be replaced. I looked at the overhead door where the damaged happened. The sensors are definitely in a poor place for a vette. No vette would have tripped them. The dealer was very apologetic and is going to repaint the nose and blend everything to my standard which is very high. The dealer is doing everything they can to make it right. The bad news is, I'm leaving for a trip on Friday morning and the car will not be ready by then. So I'm going to have to drive it damaged and have it fixed when I get back. To add insult to injury, the CD player they car was having replaced in the first place arrived damaged so they had to overnight a new one. Best case the new CD player will be in by 12 or 1 tomorrow afternoon. Worst case, no CD player and I'm driving the dealer's new 2008 Z to WI on Friday

So the good news. The chin spoiler was scraped from the previous owner and now I'll get a brand new one. There are a few stone chips in the nose, also from the previous owner that will now be taken care of. Bottom line, the nose will be in better shape than when I bought the car when this is all done. Also I cracked the driver side fuel rail cover replacing the spark plugs this weekend. The dealership is replacing the cover under "warranty". Doesn't make things right, but it's a step in the right direction. I told the service manager the only thing stopping me from killing him on the spot is a good friend of mine is coming into town tonight and I don't want her to have to bail me out of jail.
Usually death threats don't go over to well with people, or judges. Anways, I know the damage has already been done, but time to go to a different dealer. These type of things are not acceptable as "one of those things that just happen." Goes along the saying of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. You shouldn't have gone back a second time if you weren't happy the first time.

JMHO, Good luck
Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 PM
RC45
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyC5
So the good news. The chin spoiler was scraped from the previous owner and now I'll get a brand new one. There are a few stone chips in the nose, also from the previous owner that will now be taken care of.

Did you have the class and integrity to inform the dealer of these little details?

Seems like yet another pompous Corvette owner with a superiority / entitlement complex.

Looks like you should be glad they had thi sminor mishap, because you are being returned a state that is better than when you started.

Bottom line is you should never have even got mad.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

You guys do realize that a pre-painted new bumper from GM would most likely not match the hood/fenders due to slight shade differences between batches.

@ demanding a new bumper from GM, you guys really don't know much about auto repair.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 AM
marcus769
Racer

Man, thats really bad luck! Accidents happen, but dang... Hope everything works out for you man! Have a good time on your trip!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 AM
MostWanted
Drifting

Seems like you were able to use your military bearing! I hope I can if that ever happens to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer damaged my car...again

Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 AM
SMFCPACFP
Safety Car

Received 101 Likes on 39 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I used to own a car dealership and had a few customers like the individual who posted this. I always encouraged them to go elsewhere, when they came ranting to me. They could never be satisfied. I can't think of anyone who likes a picky a$$ed, nasty customer.

Someone at the dealership made a mistake, as all of us have. It was most likely unintentional. My advice is to relax and enjoy life for what it is rather than blowing up when little things go wrong. We are just talking about a car, right - a way to get from point A to B.

I think this explosive reaction to truly trivial things reflects a lack of something in the lives of people who explode. Don't take this personally, because I don't know you.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
skudlw
Burning Brakes

What a bunch of idiots at your dealer. Take it somewhere else. They have no respect for your car.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

While I would also be mad, I think it's pretty unreasonable that you're freaking out and saying you're not happy with how they are handling it when you admitted that the front end had damage before (damage NOT caused by the dealer), which is now being fixed.

I curbed one of my wheels at an ATM one night, and when I had my car at a dealer for a few other things, I mentioned that my wheels were all faded (the 06 polished fiasco). I made NOTE that a wheel was clearly damaged and asked what effect that had. The service manager told me not to worry, because she'd order me a brand new set of wheels for the car since all four were obviously faded. You should be grateful that they're going to fix things that they didn't screw up (granted, they happen to be things that circumstantially will get fixed based on the nature of their damage).

Quick Reply: [Z06] Dealer damaged my car...again