Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Thanks from a Trolling Noob.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
jerkstore
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks from a Trolling Noob.

Ladies and Gents,

I have been trolling for a little while on this forum while I am in Iraq (please save the praise for the real heros, the soldiers, airman, marines and navy, I am just a money grubbing ex-army contractor). I am well paid and not worthy of any praise. I still must thank you all for giving me a daily break from my 12-14 hour days. Reading the posts from you all makes the time go by. I particularly love the traffic that the Z06 forums receive since the Z06 is at the top of my list for track cars I am considering when I get back.

I will be looking for a track car at the end of my deployment. I have a Mustang GT for a daily driver and a 2004 Lightning for a drag strip vehicle. Although I seem to be a Ford guy, a real Ford track car like the GT is out of my reach, so I respect american muscle and bad-*** speed. So for the Track car I am considering a Z06 or a Viper.

Come to think about it, I really don't have a question. I just want to thank you all for giving a guy a break from the norm over here. I don't care if its pics of new wheels or questions concerning your windows not going up all the way, I love this forum. Its too bad that GM doesn't offer vehicles thru AAFES like Ford, Dodge and Harley. I want a serious track car and that Viper ACR is calling my name. The Z06 might be too good of a deal to pass up still as I see that prices are very reasonable. I live in Charlottesville, VA and VIR is close. I love the drag, but I am drawn to the track. I might have to wait on getting a deal from an internet dealer on a Z06. I will continue to Troll until December when I am due home. Before that, I expect to make a decision on a Viper ACR or a Z06.

Thank you all for the distraction. Trust me, its as good as I get over here.

Respectfullly,
Spiderpig
Old 05-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Daylon
Pro

Welcome and take care!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am a Ford guy too, but the performance of the Z06 speaks for itself. Half the list price of the Ford GT and comparable performance.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For a track car, a C5 may present a better starting point than a C6Z. It just depends on what you are looking for.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by allanlaw
For a track car, a C5 may present a better starting point than a C6Z. It just depends on what you are looking for.
Are you thinking lower cost, gearing or ?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Spiderpig,
I don't know if you have done any road racing but I am assuming that you haven't. When planning your next racing hobby, be very carefull. Consider your first step just that; a first step. Road racing can get in your blood very quickly. Taking the green on the front straight is like counting down the tree, leaving on the last yellow with 30 of you best competitors, beating them to the first turn off, slamming on the brakes as hard and as late as you dare and hitting the turn off road just right to power back to the pits and keeping the crowd in your mirrors. All that adrenilin times about 12 or 13 corners then do it again about 30 more times. Jump in and get hooked. Just leave a little margin on a dedicated VISA card because you life will now be ruled by tires and brakes!
Gary
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean lurking, not trolling
Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by AtlBlkZ06
You mean lurking, not trolling
I was thinking the same thing

Glad to help alleviate the monotony - and, since you're in-country, you get a by default.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:29 PM
DrtyHarry
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HIRISC
- and, since you're in-country, you get a by default.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:42 PM
AintQik
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I'm a troll. I hang out in the Tech section but come over here to listen to the Z guys make fun of us little regular Corvette people. I'm over here too so I feel your pain. These forums make the time go by. I could do with a few less which headers ro which cold air threads tho
Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM
jerkstore
Heel & Toe

Rgr, lurking vice trolling. I am new to road racing and proper education will be my first step. I'll have to do some searches on the forums for recommended racing classes and hit that up as a priority when I get back stateside. I likely will get a less powerful vehicle to learn on and work my way up. No doubt, that is good advice, but its always fun window shopping the top shelf options.

Thanks for the support and I will be on here some more with any questions I come up with.

SP
Old 05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GMuffley
Are you thinking lower cost, gearing or ?
You can start at a fairly modest cost, with a stock or full race setup, or something in between. It can be modified as you develop racing skills to increase power, add safety equipment, improve suspension and braking, etc., again at fairly modest cost. There is less of an investment at risk on the track at the beginning than there would be with an $80k Z.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks from a Trolling Noob.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Thanks from a Trolling Noob.