Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Still on our honeymoon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
panteravetteman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Still on our honeymoon!

We just turned 3K miles on our Vette and could not be happier with the car!! No squeaks, rattles, needle bearings, bad shifts, dead batteries, missing roofs, nothing...but great sound, power, and smiles. What a fun car! The only negative is that my wife wants to drive it too.

Thanks Chevy & it's ok if you use our Vette steering wheel on the Malibu
Old 04-28-2008, 11:48 PM
panteravetteman
Instructor

I'm beginning to think that negative comments about our cars draw more attention than positive ones.....
Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 PM
sux2bme
Racer

glad to see you're happy with it. I can't wait to step up to the Z06
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Nobody harps on the positives Glad to hear she's treating you right
Old 04-29-2008, 12:23 AM
NVNO1
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm with you. This is by far the most awesome car I've ever owned. I've had mine just over a year and love it more now that the day I bought it. She is a keeper!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 AM
yanniz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by panteravetteman
I'm beginning to think that negative comments about our cars draw more attention than positive ones.....
that is because you expect nothing but positive out of a $70K car....don't you think?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 AM
ToolMaker427
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We just turned 3K miles on our Vette and could not be happier with the car!! No squeaks, rattles, needle bearings, bad shifts, dead batteries, missing roofs, nothing...but great sound, power, and smiles. What a fun car! The only negative is that my wife wants to drive it too.

Thanks Chevy & it's ok if you use our Vette steering wheel on the Malibu
It rained here in N.H. this Sun., but that didn't stop me from meeting a couple of friends in their Vettes at the Sea coast. The new Z turned 700 miles on the way home. No problems to report what so ever. I've been driving Corvettes for over 35 years now and I always have a blast when driving one for the first time, but this new ZO6 is over the top on the fun factor scale!!

Last edited by ToolMaker427; 04-29-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Daylon
Pro

Good to hear...
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Orbit
Advanced

I am happy for you. I just turned over 700 miles in mine also. I am in the same situation with my wife now that I traded her 2007 coupe for the Z06. She can't drive the stick so must ride. She is not a happy camper at this time. She is already talking about selling her Camry and getting her another A6 coupe.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Rez90
Burning Brakes

It's like that with anything........People will always look to complain before they complement.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:43 AM
panteravetteman
Instructor

Originally Posted by yanniz
that is because you expect nothing but positive out of a $70K car....don't you think?
lol...I wish that were true but after owning many cars, a few costing more than $100k I have found that the more complex or technically advanced they are the more ****ling things seem to occur. Nonetheless I am happy to see some positive replies here! We just got back from another 900 mile road trip to Schurz, NV. to pick up some fireworks as the liberals down here in So. Ca. have deemed them hazardous.

If any of you want a great high speed drive, take the 6 out of Bishop to the 360(especially this stretch) and then the 95N. Lots of long, lightly patroled, smooth and virtually empty highway. What a great car this is!! Happy driving everyone!

Last edited by panteravetteman; 04-29-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: got the hwy wrong
Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
White Dually
Instructor

You are right these are GREAT Cars and really FUN. Besides you bought the Fastest Color. When we got our 08 VY we went to Eureka Springs, ARK. for a Corvette met and then we drove to Canada and to the Falls and back down the east coast then we came home to East Texas and never had a minute trouble in 3800 miles. Let me tell you this is my 5th Corvette and they are made to drive. Even tho I don't get to drive mine as much as I would like to. I have to use the Company car.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
panteravetteman
Instructor

Originally Posted by White Dually
You are right these are GREAT Cars and really FUN. Besides you bought the Fastest Color. When we got our 08 VY we went to Eureka Springs, ARK. for a Corvette met and then we drove to Canada and to the Falls and back down the east coast then we came home to East Texas and never had a minute trouble in 3800 miles. Let me tell you this is my 5th Corvette and they are made to drive. Even tho I don't get to drive mine as much as I would like to. I have to use the Company car.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was the color or the polish I'm using that makes the car so fast

Get notified of new replies

To Still on our honeymoon!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Still on our honeymoon!