Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 Hits the Nürburgring track

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
obaidan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan GT-R Specification V shall be ZR1's target

Originally Posted by ACESZ06
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

It needs some more work to run pass the 7:38 the GT-R did...
Even if Chevy tweaks the ZR1 few seconds lower than Nissan GT-R, the new Nissan GT-R specification V which is around 550HP and weighs 330lbs less than GT-R made it in 7:25. I wonder how much can they tweak the ZR1 to beat this lap record. Up to now, the fastest lap time was made by a Zonda F which is 7:27 and Nissan smashed the record from first pass in the V!!!

At the end the price range of the GT-R makes it the main target for a Z06 while the price of the ZR1 makes it the direct competitor to the new Nissan GT-R V.

Nissan is really aiming high nowadays! Beware Chevy, you are just one small target along a long line of competitors!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by obaidan
Nissan is really aiming high nowadays! Beware Chevy, you are just one small target along a long line of competitors!
"Performance only" guys won't find anything negative in this article, but for those who seek additional character traits out of sports cars, this article from the LA Times may be informative...

http://www.latimes.com/classified/au...,1179971.story
Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Slowgoin
Burning Brakes

It's a perfect car. As is the new ZR-1.

Last edited by Slowgoin; 04-20-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:16 PM
DT
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by By Dan Neil, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
Right about now legions of fanboys are throwing down their Sony PlayStation controllers to fire off strongly worded, if badly spelled, e-mails of outrage and dissent.
Hahahaha!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
linutux
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DT
Originally Posted by By Dan Neil, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
Right about now legions of fanboys are throwing down their Sony PlayStation controllers to fire off strongly worded, if badly spelled, e-mails of outrage and dissent.
Hahahaha!!!
That's funny, I was just getting ready to complain that the C6Z in GT5 Prologue doesn't perform as well as the real C6Z in my driveway.

By the way, if the real GT-R drives like the one in GT5 it's definitely a boring drive. Fast; but, boring.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by obaidan
Even if Chevy tweaks the ZR1 few seconds lower than Nissan GT-R, the new Nissan GT-R specification V which is around 550HP and weighs 330lbs less than GT-R made it in 7:25. I wonder how much can they tweak the ZR1 to beat this lap record. Up to now, the fastest lap time was made by a Zonda F which is 7:27 and Nissan smashed the record from first pass in the V!!!

At the end the price range of the GT-R makes it the main target for a Z06 while the price of the ZR1 makes it the direct competitor to the new Nissan GT-R V.

First off get your facts straight. That 7:25 was timed by some spy photographers for some auto mag using their wrist watches. That is not an official time and Nissan has not used it or stated those are the numbers that the VSPEC has run.

When GM and Nissan announces the official N –ring times for the ZR-1 and the GT-R VSPEC then we can have a discussion on how the 2 cars compare.

BTW do you own a Corvette or have a GT-R on order? I'm just curious.

Last edited by Wanderer Z06; 04-20-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:23 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by linutux
That's funny, I was just getting ready to complain that the C6Z in GT5 Prologue doesn't perform as well as the real C6Z in my driveway.

By the way, if the real GT-R drives like the one in GT5 it's definitely a boring drive. Fast; but, boring.
The Z handles like crap in GT5, you can put the throttle to the floor in any gear on any curve anywhere. I havent driven one so I wasnt so quick to judge, but they made the control panel for the GT-R and I'm sure they have a good grip on it's handling dynamics and from what I've seen on the videos it seems to fit the bill. Very lap-able IMO.

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
First off get your facts straight. That 7:25 was timed by some spy photographers for some auto mag using their wrist watches. That is not an official time and Nissan has not used it or stated those are the numbers that the VSPEC has run.

When GM and Nissan announces the official N –ring times for the ZR-1 and the GT-R VSPEC then we can have a discussion on how the 2 cars compare.

BTW do you own a Corvette or have a GT-R on order? I'm just curious.

+1000000000000000000

This is why people HATE the GT-R, because there is always a rumor, half of which are completely made up that starts with this bystander timed the GT-R at this or this person said that and then fanboys act like it was timed in person.

Remember the "GT-R" runs 7:15 at the ring debacle? They swore up and down that it had happened. Not even taking into consideration what it takes to run that kind of time.

And last I remember the latest RUMOR before the current GT-R came out was 7:35, and there was no such thing, in fact, they were going back to the ring after the release to try and improve the time.

Rediculous noneducated videogamerthon fanboys get on my nerves.

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-20-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:20 PM
TetraU
Drifting

Going off topic a bit. But is this car as ugly as it looks in person as it is shown in this picture? It just looks down right cheap!

Last edited by TetraU; 04-20-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Charlie M
Pro

Originally Posted by TetraU
Going off topic a bit. But is this car as ugly as it looks in person as it is shown in this picture? It just looks down right cheap!

It will look better once someone puts a 6' tall wing on the back, a roof scoop, fart cans, and some 18's in the back seat.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:01 PM
garagelogic
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Charlie M
It will look better once someone puts a 6' tall wing on the back, a roof scoop, fart cans, and some 18's in the back seat.

What is sad, is that you just know there will be someone (or two) who do that to the car.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Charlie M
Pro

I heard from an actual engineer that they made the car bigger so that it would have plenty of room for go fast stickers.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:42 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

You forgot 24's. (already been done, I have seen it)

Here os a pic on 22's, I'm still looking for the one on 24's

Old 04-22-2008, 12:04 AM
GeneCamaro
Racer

Originally Posted by heavychevy
You forgot 24's. (already been done, I have seen it)

Here os a pic on 22's, I'm still looking for the one on 24's

I don't think its ugly at all. The front takes some getting used to. Those two GTRs look really badass in the pic you posted.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Didnt say it looks bad, but 22's? Look at the tires.

I actually think the white one looks great.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:06 AM
monaroCountry
Pro

It looks fat and ugly.........the bigger wheels makes it look even heavier like the car was being weighed down by a ton of bricks.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and i thought i was the only one that called them 'wanna go fast fart cans'

the zr-1 should be able to beat both the gt-r and gt-rv as long as gm is able to keep the car on the ground. at these numbers it's gonna be pretty easy to get the car to take flight. anyone remember the pic of the blue z06 with all four wheels off the ground as it ran the ring? gm may need to revise the lower valance so it resembles the 'nascar cot' a bit more to keep the front planted and air from getting underneath and causing lift. another possibillity would be to create some 'air channels' that come from under the front of the car run alongs the bottom gradually working up through the body and exits near the top edge of the rear.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
50th_Vert
Instructor

Wow ive never seen more ricer fan boys on a corvette forum. The GTR will not run a faster lap time than a Z06. With its weight and lack of power, its physically impossible. Everybody on here "knows an engineer" or has "seen it in person" BS. Ill tell you what. when all the nissan ricer fan boys can afford either car and race them they will realize the Z06 is faster than their paid for by nissan numbers. The ZR1 is a better, faster, and lighter car and it will spank any production car out there. A company (GM) with such an outstanding record on the racetrack... ie not losing lemans since 02, will not be outdone by a simple nissan. Nor will they make a statement that the Zr1 will be faster than any production car and not mean it. Its the same BS with the Supra... its from 1997 guys, jump off the slow *** bandwagon. IMHO all this is lame. anyone can make a claim. Car and driver once said the Boxter S was faster than the C5 Z06.... then they published numbers in the same article that said otherwise. its all in how much the manufacturer pays the testers. Look at the dumb heavy GT500. that was talked up by all the ford guys like it was going to be the fastest thing on four wheels. Right now, its just another big heavy slow mustang. The GTR story is looking more like the GT500's story every day. i used to own a mustang that could spank supras stock for stock, so i know how heavy and slow they are.

Last edited by 50th_Vert; 04-22-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Hits the Nürburgring track

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
ALBUNDY
Intermediate

You guys make me want to go see what the Nissan's guys have to say about the Vette but I think I got a good idea.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
env00
Drifting

IMO from the rear it looks really cool, but the front reminds me too much of the new Eclipse and the new EVO....and somewhat has a bit of Nissan 350Z in their somewhere....it'll take time to get used to...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete04Coupe
Wow ive never seen more ricer fan boys on a corvette forum. The GTR will not run a faster lap time than a Z06. With its weight and lack of power, its physically impossible. Everybody on here "knows an engineer" or has "seen it in person" BS. Ill tell you what. when all the nissan ricer fan boys can afford either car and race them they will realize the Z06 is faster than their paid for by nissan numbers. The ZR1 is a better, faster, and lighter car and it will spank any production car out there. A company (GM) with such an outstanding record on the racetrack... ie not losing lemans since 02, will not be outdone by a simple nissan. Nor will they make a statement that the Zr1 will be faster than any production car and not mean it. Its the same BS with the Supra... its from 1997 guys, jump off the slow *** bandwagon. IMHO all this is lame. anyone can make a claim. Car and driver once said the Boxter S was faster than the C5 Z06.... then they published numbers in the same article that said otherwise. its all in how much the manufacturer pays the testers. Look at the dumb heavy GT500. that was talked up by all the ford guys like it was going to be the fastest thing on four wheels. Right now, its just another big heavy slow mustang. The GTR story is looking more like the GT500's story every day. i used to own a mustang that could spank supras stock for stock, so i know how heavy and slow they are.
This is the most fanboyish post I've read yet and it's from a domestic guy.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Hits the Nürburgring track