Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Looking a 08 Z06..Nav or no Nav??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the stock Nav. But it will be coming out of the car once Alpine releases their new unit. It's going to be really sick.

Ipod, Iphone, Youtube --it's all going to be on it, traffic updates, removable nav to go into another car, rear video cam, million pixel + screen, and so much more...I can't wait.

http://www.floridaspl.com/Alpine_2008.pdf
Old 03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
VetteHunter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine WITHOUT Nav:

1. Save the $
2. Better sound system
3. 6 CD Player vs. 1 CD
4. Jack

We never use the Nav in my Wife's Lexus and I will not be taking the car anywhere I need Nav to find.

I don't plan to modify my car (well maybe an air filter when the factory one gets dirty). The non-Nav Bose sounds really good to me, and sound is important in my car. If you plan a lot of aftermarket modifications, then get a 1LZ with NO options and start adding to the car.

IMO resale value is NOT a reason to ever buy extra cost options on a car. Once the car is ready to sell or trade, the depreciation will have taken its toll to the point that the difference will be minimal. People don't buy a Z06 because of the Nav- it's because of the ENGINE!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
DJE55
Advanced

Originally Posted by VetteHunter
IMO resale value is NOT a reason to ever buy extra cost options on a car. Once the car is ready to sell or trade, the depreciation will have taken its toll to the point that the difference will be minimal. People don't buy a Z06 because of the Nav- it's because of the ENGINE!!!
IMHO You should always consider options for resale. Not for the money as much as just keeping with what buyers want to have on the car. Options are always a factor for resale. If you choose not to get nav you are limiting your pool of buyers. The Nav cars will sell first and that's the advantage.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
DrtyHarry
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkKnight Z
Also, I saw mention about an iPod jack that should be coming out soon from GM in May...is this true?
Yep. My dealer confirmed it and GM sent out a letter. I was going to go aftermarket, but seeing that GM is making a unit...I have the added bonus of having it covered under warranty. It's only 2 months away....I can wait.

I think the nav system is great and really accurate. It is rather complex at first, spend 10 minutes with the manual and you are good to go.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 PM
augydog
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 805Z06
I have the stock Nav. But it will be coming out of the car once Alpine releases their new unit. It's going to be really sick.

Ipod, Iphone, Youtube --it's all going to be on it, traffic updates, removable nav to go into another car, rear video cam, million pixel + screen, and so much more...I can't wait.

In order to use navi, you must have the Blackbird GPS device, which brings the total cost over $1,700.

Below is a review of the unit.

http://review.zdnet.com/in-dash-rece...-32623905.html

augydog
Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
jnx911
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 805Z06

I sent you a PM, Thanks.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
AraiGP4
Racer

My '07 Z06 came with Nav and it is virtually useless, even with the $250/year voice download feature. Much better to do without this overpriced option and buy a Garmin 550C or equivalent portable unit for those few occassions when you need directions.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Looking a 08 Z06..Nav or no Nav??