Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Another satisfied Quality Motorsport customer

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 AM
don99vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another satisfied Quality Motorsport customer

My 07 Z was brought into QMS from Corpus to have the QM600 package. I got the 600 cam and dual springs, ported intake and manifold, 160 t-stat, Halltech Kill Bee filter, air scoop, Kooks headers with catted mid pipes, exhaust switch, and Patricks awesome tune. I also opted for the RAM dual disk clutch.
The baseline dyno was 440 HP and 412 TQ. This was on the lower end for a Z.
After the boys at QMS did the install it dynoed a very respectable 559 HP and 489 TQ.
I choose to stay with stock muffers and an exhaust switch. Baffles closed and it's a little louder than stock. Baffles open and it sounds like a race car.
I had a 7 hour drive back to Corpus so I had plenty of time to checkout it's highway manners. Cruising 75 mph at 1500 rpm with baffles closed there is almost no differance in the car from stock. Open the baffles on the highway and it could get to be a long trip. I had some stop and go getting through Austin and it did some slight surging but nothing bad.
Engaging the clutch takes slightly more than stock. If you listen close you can hear the clutch when the car is idling.
This car will let you know when you are in the wrong gear before the cam install and even more so now.
After driving almost seven hours and in city traffic with ac on (it was 85 degrees in Corpus) there is some lope to the car at idle.
I want to thank all of those from Quality Motorsport. You guys did a great job and treated me and my car as I could only hope for.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 AM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same setup, Congrat's.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:52 AM
his grace
Instructor

how much was that set-up?
Old 02-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Steve Madsen
Advanced

me too, how much. that is the route I am going. I can later had headers and ported intake ect...

I should be driving mine in 6 weeks. I am in the process of choosing who will do the work.

Thanks.

Steve
Old 02-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Steve Madsen
Advanced

thanks Don
Old 02-24-2008, 01:53 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard the the QM club
Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by don99vette
My 07 Z was brought into QMS from Corpus to have the QM600 package. I got the 600 cam and dual springs, ported intake and manifold, 160 t-stat, Halltech Kill Bee filter, air scoop, Kooks headers with catted mid pipes, exhaust switch, and Patricks awesome tune. I also opted for the RAM dual disk clutch.
The baseline dyno was 440 HP and 412 TQ. This was on the lower end for a Z.
After the boys at QMS did the install it dynoed a very respectable 559 HP and 489 TQ.
I choose to stay with stock muffers and an exhaust switch. Baffles closed and it's a little louder than stock. Baffles open and it sounds like a race car.
I had a 7 hour drive back to Corpus so I had plenty of time to checkout it's highway manners. Cruising 75 mph at 1500 rpm with baffles closed there is almost no differance in the car from stock. Open the baffles on the highway and it could get to be a long trip. I had some stop and go getting through Austin and it did some slight surging but nothing bad.
Engaging the clutch takes slightly more than stock. If you listen close you can hear the clutch when the car is idling.
This car will let you know when you are in the wrong gear before the cam install and even more so now.
After driving almost seven hours and in city traffic with ac on (it was 85 degrees in Corpus) there is some lope to the car at idle.
I want to thank all of those from Quality Motorsport. You guys did a great job and treated me and my car as I could only hope for.
Mr. Don,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on your beast, and sorry I missed you yesterday. I called my self getting something to eat for the guys and when I finally arrived you were gone on your 7 hour journey.

It goes to show that our QM600 package is very powerful but yet streetable and very capable of long commutes.

Thank you again from the entire crew (Patrick, Luke and Ryan)
Carlos
Old 02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by his grace
how much was that set-up?
Mr. Grace and Mr. Madsen,

The entire package is $5,499! It includes: Cam, spring kit, Vette-Air, Killer Bee, ARH system (cats or no cats), 160* stat, plugs, ported intake and ported TB. You also get fresh oil, new oil filter, fresh coolant and TUNING. And oh yes, an exterior and interior car wash if you like...some owners prefer to do their own washing.

We also suggest doing a clutch install (Ram Dual) $2,200 if done later, or do it during the cam package install and save on labor cost. As you may know, the headers/exhaust system must to come off to do a clutch installation, and if you are doing a new header install anyway, this would be the time to save on labor.

Thanks,
Carlos

Get notified of new replies

To Another satisfied Quality Motorsport customer

Quick Reply: [Z06] Another satisfied Quality Motorsport customer