Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] **Dropped off my 2007 Z06 at Quality Motorsports Today!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 PM
TTU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Dropped off my 2007 Z06 at Quality Motorsports Today!!

Well, I bit the bullet and dropped off my Z today with Patrick and Luke at QM. I am supposed to pick up the beast this Friday (can't wait)! To say the least, these guys are top notch! Not one time did they behave an an inappropriate manner over the phone, listening to my one million questions I had for them regarding their 600 series cam package.

The guys have a pretty cool setup there. Patrick phone-guided me into his locale, since I was coming in from out of town. Hell, they even offered me lunch when I arrive today.

I probably hung out there for about an hour before Patrick drove me back to the DFW airport. In that hour, I had the opportunity to drive in a 600 series Z06. Man, oh man is the ride nice, sweet and choppy as hell. Music to my ears, and loaded with power and torque

Patrick explained to me the whole process and asked me what my goals were with the Z.

I'm very impressed with these guys, and it's obvious to me that they don't need to prove themselves to anybody.

I have the utmost respect for all companies out there making their best effort to better the LS series engines and maintain utmost quality and workmanship (katech, LG, 21CMC...and of course QM ).

Good job Patrick, Luke, & Carlos

See you guys this Friday!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 PM
ZLittleRedVette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Way to go! Heck you should have said something. I was @ Patrick's shop Saturday morning. If you had taken it up on Sunday I could have given you a ride back to Snyder (ha!ha!) - I mean Lubbock. I had Patrick do the intake & tb a few weeks back and you are right! They are a "Class Act" as far as I am concerned. Hey, maybe when you get her back we can meet up & you can give me a ride.... No, not until I am ready to "Pull the Trigger"!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 AM
600hp
Instructor

congrats
Old 02-19-2008, 06:48 AM
his grace
Instructor

Originally Posted by TTU
Well, I bit the bullet and dropped off my Z today with Patrick and Luke at QM. I am supposed to pick up the beast this Friday (can't wait)! To say the least, these guys are top notch! Not one time did they behave an an inappropriate manner over the phone, listening to my one million questions I had for them regarding their 600 series cam package.

The guys have a pretty cool setup there. Patrick phone-guided me into his locale, since I was coming in from out of town. Hell, they even offered me lunch when I arrive today.

I probably hung out there for about an hour before Patrick drove me back to the DFW airport. In that hour, I had the opportunity to drive in a 600 series Z06. Man, oh man is the ride nice, sweet and choppy as hell. Music to my ears, and loaded with power and torque

Patrick explained to me the whole process and asked me what my goals were with the Z.

I'm very impressed with these guys, and it's obvious to me that they don't need to prove themselves to anybody.

I have the utmost respect for all companies out there making their best effort to better the LS series engines and maintain utmost quality and workmanship (katech, LG, 21CMC...and of course QM ).

Good job Patrick, Luke, & Carlos

See you guys this Friday!!!!!

Hey, I am curious where is Patrick located? I just recently purchased an 06 Z06 and was going to have some work done at Texas Speed in Lubbock (just moved back to Midland). Do you suggest going to Patrick? if so, where is he located?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Can't wait for Patrick to get my AR headers in, so I can have him do an intake, header, exhaust, and tune on my '08 C6. My stock C6 is too quiet!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by his grace
Hey, I am curious where is Patrick located? I just recently purchased an 06 Z06 and was going to have some work done at Texas Speed in Lubbock (just moved back to Midland). Do you suggest going to Patrick? if so, where is he located?
They are located in Lewisville off of hwy 121. Here is there web site:

http://www.vette-air.com/
Old 02-19-2008, 11:02 AM
James E.
Pro

I highly recommend Patrick & Luke at QM. 110% customer satisfaction
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Can't wait for Patrick to get my AR headers in, so I can have him do an intake, header, exhaust, and tune on my '08 C6. My stock C6 is too quiet!

Awesome news, Quikag. I read your post in the c6 forum and I think you're making a great move. Patrick will do a fine job. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:54 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let us know what she puts down
Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
805Z06
Melting Slicks

Finally getting there huh
Old 02-19-2008, 06:07 PM
WFO
Drifting

Got mine going in this Friday for an over nighter, to install Kooks headers, Haltech Killer Bee/CAI, a PCM tune and an oil change. Can't wait.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
TTU
Pro

I would definitely seek out Patrick and the gang at QM:

www.vette-air.com

They will answer all of your questions and concerns. It's about a 5 hour drive for me from Lubbock (7 for you). The thing about places like QM that out beat other outfits (in my opinion) is that they know the cam that they install very well. Patrick told me that they work on two Z06's per week, to allow time for trouble shooting and the like. If your upgrade does not involve having to tap into the engine (i.e., cam upgrade), then it probably will be fine going somewhere else that is closer (for headers, intake...).

I could have had all of my work done locally, but the way I see it, is if I am paying $80,000 for a Z06, taking it to a shop that has dealt with the ups and downs of a cam, and who knows how to tune it properly is worth the wait and time. I've realized that anyone can install a cam/spring kit, but it's all in the tune.

I have driven vettes, camaros, and mustangs that have had aggressive cams installed locally here in Lubbock, and their cars ride nothing like the one Luke let me ride in at QM.

I know you guys are not going to believe me, but the Z I rode in at QM was already nice and warm (engine temp at 180), and Luke took me for a spin (WOT, cruising, 4th, 5th gear at 1500 RPM), and I didn't notice any significant bucking or surging. One thing I did notice was that it was way the hell faster and pulled so hard!!!!!!

I'll be picking up my Z this Friday after all the work is done on it (QM 600 package, ported intake, TB, headers, K&N intake). Feel free to PM me your contact info, and I'll be glad to talk to you about your Z, and maybe we can even meet up so you can check out the ride.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Did you see my red C5Z there? Is the motor in it yet?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Congrat's!

Patrick, Carlos, and their Crew work wonders.

Hope the next 3 days haul *** for ya.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
TTU
Pro

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
I saw it. I'm sure the motors in by now!!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
TTU
Pro

Originally Posted by RossN
Congrat's!

Patrick, Carlos, and their Crew work wonders.

Hope the next 3 days haul *** for ya.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM
don99vette
Advanced

TTU, did you see my black 07 there? I dropped it off Sat for a QM600 upgrade. It had the black I-Forged wheels

Get notified of new replies

To **Dropped off my 2007 Z06 at Quality Motorsports Today!!

Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by don99vette
TTU, did you see my black 07 there? I dropped it off Sat for a QM600 upgrade. It had the black I-Forged wheels
Don, I'm at Quality Motorsports right now and your black 07 is being used as a demonstration car. We're doing pulls up and down the street. I'm going to upload video of some big burnouts we're doing in the parking lot. Sucks for your tires.

Just kidding, completely! Your black Z has been sitting outside glowing in the beautiful sunshine since I got here. She's a beauty! They are putting intake, headers, and exhaust on my '08 Coupe now and I'm chilling in their office right now.

TTU (George), it was nice meeting you! Your car sounded incredible. Enjoy the drive back to Lubbock (like enjoying it will be hard!)

Corey
Old 02-22-2008, 04:18 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson

Yeah, com' get it out you hippie

Carlos...the new grateful dead lover
Old 02-22-2008, 04:20 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by don99vette
Yours is going on the dyno tonight!

Thanks,
Carlos

Quick Reply: [Z06] **Dropped off my 2007 Z06 at Quality Motorsports Today!!