Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C5 ZO6 Exhaust System Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Zip Fox
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 ZO6 Exhaust System Recommendations

I would like some input on after market exhaust systems for my 2003 ZO6....Borla, Corsa, GHL, B&B, etc. I would like to have an aggressive sound on acceleration but quiet (i.e., low resonance on cruise)? I would appreciate your opinion. Is there a review link on this forum that someone could put me onto? Thank you.

Zip Fox
Old 09-29-2007, 11:30 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Zip Fox
I would like some input on after market exhaust systems for my 2003 ZO6....Borla, Corsa, GHL, B&B, etc. I would like to have an aggressive sound on acceleration but quiet (i.e., low resonance on cruise)? I would appreciate your opinion. Is there a review link on this forum that someone could put me onto? Thank you.

Zip Fox
Corsa is the way to go if you don't want resonance.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:47 AM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjwong
Corsa is the way to go if you don't want resonance.
Also GHL
Old 09-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Zip Fox
Heel & Toe

Thanks
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
pamperedcar1
Racer

hey whats up I have lg long tubes w/ race cats and B&B fusions flaps closed is like headers w/ stock exh. flaps open. when flaps open around town its just great and down shifting cant be described with all the spittin and farting going on back there the drone is there but not over powering with vales open.this only happens with engine under 2000 rpm and under load. ps. if you are under that much load in 6th under 2000 you should grab 5th you would be way out of power range and why stress on the crank and rods so much. I had the same problem when finding exh. and took a chance with the B&B I heard the corsa and borla and both sound nice from the outside but I wanted to have an option to shut it up if needed and belive me you close the flaps more than you think. would not change a thing
Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Zip Fox
Heel & Toe

I have researched this issue on the Internet and I have decided to go with the GHL Bullets. I have read several postings from Corvette owners that have had Borla's, Corsa's and B & B's and they are sold on GHL. Nevertheless, it is still a matter of subjective preferences...it all depends on one's "lobes," if you know what I mean?

Zip Fox

Get notified of new replies

To C5 ZO6 Exhaust System Recommendations

Quick Reply: [Z06] C5 ZO6 Exhaust System Recommendations