Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] UAE owners, Inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:11 AM
UAE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UAE owners, Inside

ok guys, am going to post some info in here, every one is welcome to give more info, the main goal is to gather as much info as we can to support our cars and owners.
please tell us you name and where are you from, and where do you live in UAE, if you moded you car, where and how much and what do you think of the place or shop that did you the work
start with my self, Ahmed, From UAE and live in AD.

here is my list of shopes that might help you guys ( list will be updated when i get new things).
1- Tune, its the most important thing for us, i did mine using HP tuner, a friend of mine did the tune for me, he is very good and i would recomend him 100%, he tunes using a Dyno D and charges 2000DR for the first time and 1000DR for any future visits, there is also Bader Ahli and Fahad Ahli both from fourmla garage, didnt do it my self but i know friends who are happy with their tune, also AAT in sharjah does tunning for our cars, very pro in every thing they do and am sure they are good using HP tuner ( they tune rally cars).

2- engine mods, i would say Tariq from Tariq perofmance is the man to go with any thing you want to do to your engine, he is very skilled in LS engines, dont let the work shop fool you, he is very very good, i did 2 engine swaps in his place ( patrols with LS1 and LS2 with heads and cam) only down side is that he takes a long time to get intouch with because he works on cars most of the time. formula garage is also good in installing cams ( few friends did some work with them and they are happy.

3- F/I installs and maintinance: if you are looking for a total pro place with experince then its AAT in sharjah ( also the dealers for APS ) very clean place and very skilled in turbo and F/I for almost all type of cars, down side is that they charge too much.
- NOS installs i would only recomend Tariq perofmance.
4- kit car corner for carbo fiber parts ( interior or Ex ) and hoods, very very skilled but they charge alot.

5- Fast garage for painting rims and custom hoods and carbon fiber paint.

6- parts orders, Intraco in sharjah (he have some parts for the Z06 in stock most of the time like D/R tires and wheels, Nos kits/ Air intakes/headers, or order it your self.

i hope this info will help, please feel free to add more info.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:23 AM
kevettez06
Burning Brakes

That's some great info, i've been curious as to what shops there are in UAE, especially corvette specific... I'm in kuwait, but i go to dubai alot, and it would be nice if i could find a local pair of hoosiers or the likes :P...
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 AM
christos
Heel & Toe

My name's Christos. I've had the car for a month now. Haven't modded anything yet, but this kind of info is amazing for all Z06 owners in the UAE. Thanks and keep posting
Old 08-12-2007, 09:27 AM
ayousef
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is Mohamad Al Yousuf from Dubai. My grandfather is infact the Chevrolet dealer in the area.

Im breaking the mileage record back there haha with 38,000 KMs already. I got a diablo predator tune, B&M short-shifter and completely blacked out car, which makes me famous for that haha...

A week before I travelled, I got customized sets of rear mufflers that utilize the butterflies but goes from silent, to extremely loud unlike the stock set-up. My parts should be in Dubai as I speak, but I will only get the chance to install them when im back.

Vortech supercharger kit, with kooks headers/ midpipe, stage 1 brake mods, a few goodies here and there and ill be ready to fly. Ill do the installations at the dealership workshop and everything should be fine.

I have experience with some of the garages that our fellow member mentioned in the first post, and I might add that another reputable garage "sub zero" has been spoken of a lot lately.

I will update this post with more info later, I have ti leave for the time being!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
4evervette
Pro

Hi there my name is ahmed am a corvette fan i have 2007 c6 live in sharjah put spened most of my time in dubai
my car artic white just got borla cat back and diablo tune cant wait till the heat goes down so i can start my own F/I project as where the install goes i can say as mentioned in the 1st post
tariq performance is the shop to go (againe dont get fool by the look of the work shop) tariq knows his stuff any LS thing he is the guy

and i been to AAT perfect shop but if u have $$$ then shouldnt be a problme i can remmber a quete for APS install and tune 16000$ (exclude fule upgrad)
anyway most my stuff i buy from the here (USA) it hurt when u ship it but still less what they have in UAE and most of the time they dont have them in stock...

Last edited by 4evervette; 08-12-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:56 AM
4evervette
Pro

ayousef
BTW i keep seeing ur car jumirah road every thrusday friday night thats very black mean machin you got (mashalah)
ahmed
Old 08-12-2007, 12:23 PM
dxbsuperstar
Instructor

Im going for APS turbo kit anyone knows AAT's number so i could contact them??
Old 08-12-2007, 01:06 PM
4evervette
Pro

i think its
06-5345343
Old 08-12-2007, 03:29 PM
zo6112
Advanced

HI, Im from Dubai and about the first post

GHL Exhaust and for the other mods waiting for the winter to come
Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 PM
UAE
Advanced

thanks to all of you..... its nice to know we have few members over here.....
alyousif, my friend, and all the guys from the UAE get this info carfully............. am a very good friend to the owner of SUBZERO garage, he is like a brother to me and i know him since i was young, but when it comes to modding our cars in his place ITS A BIG NO, they are skilled in jpn's cars, but every place is skilled in something and our cars are not in their field, i moded my patrol and my cousin supra there but i will not let someone touch my z06 over there.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
UAE
Advanced

Originally Posted by kevettez06
That's some great info, i've been curious as to what shops there are in UAE, especially corvette specific... I'm in kuwait, but i go to dubai alot, and it would be nice if i could find a local pair of hoosiers or the likes :P...
last time i asked they were like 3000DR for the rear set from intraco
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Invisiguard
Burning Brakes

man I gotta come out there and see what you guys in UAE are doing one of these days, maybe the next F1 we can have a meet, someone lemm ride shotgun!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:13 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Originally Posted by UAE
last time i asked they were like 3000DR for the rear set from intraco
even 2800 DHS the last time i checked for both rear Hoosier R6's 345/30-R19's! simply perfect
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Originally Posted by 4evervette
ayousef
BTW i keep seeing ur car jumirah road every thrusday friday night thats very black mean machin you got (mashalah)
ahmed
Hey thanks alot, really im there everyday haha, when ur house is in jumairah you cannot stop that urge to take a nice cruise every now and then.

Im in london right now, and will hopefully mod the car when i get back
Old 08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dxbsuperstar
Im going for APS turbo kit anyone knows AAT's number so i could contact them??
Ivan form AAT would easily be the best engine tuner in the middle east............he's built some awesome cars for customers in the UAE and his tech knowledge is truely awesome.

Peter
Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Originally Posted by APS
Ivan form AAT would easily be the best engine tuner in the middle east............he's built some awesome cars for customers in the UAE and his tech knowledge is truely awesome.

Peter
I would have to trust that peice of information since its coming from you I guess I will contact them when I get back.

btw out of curiosity, I think I might have met this guy, is he tall and kind of big in nature

Last edited by ayousef; 08-12-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:11 PM
0APS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ayousef
I would have to trust that peice of information since its coming from you I guess I will contact them when I get back.
I've known Ivan for more than 15 years and seen many cars that he's built in the UAE, his tech knowledge is first class.............he's the turbo/tuning MAN if you live in the Mid east.

Peter

Get notified of new replies

To UAE owners, Inside

Old 08-13-2007, 05:02 AM
UAE
Advanced

Originally Posted by APS
I've known Ivan for more than 15 years and seen many cars that he's built in the UAE, his tech knowledge is first class.............he's the turbo/tuning MAN if you live in the Mid east.

Peter
i agree 100%, and i would like too add something, they charge alot because of the amount of work involved in installing the TT kit ( removing tranny, engine.....) and that had to be done by an expert.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:24 AM
zo6112
Advanced

GUYS RAMADAN IS NEAR AND WINTER IS COMING.
SO BE READY FOR IT.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 AM
kevettez06
Burning Brakes

When is winter here? UAE / Kuwait...

Quick Reply: [Z06] UAE owners, Inside