Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Question about LG man switch install

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:16 AM
BlackC6Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about LG man switch install

Just installed my "man switch" (personally I always knew I had one ), anyway I have one simple question: should the switch be lit when the butterflies are closed or open? Mine is lit when they are open (the switch is pushed forward). My wires had no white dot on them as indicated by the instructions so I just kinda guessed and everything works (for the time being). Just want to make sure I don't blow up something.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:40 PM
PADFUNDER
Instructor

Default Not an expert but...

I installed my own and while I don't claim to be an expert (specially in electrical stuff)...

The red light "on" indicates that the butterflies are closed and exhaust is tame. No red light indicates that they are open with the exhaust sounding like she has 505HP in her!!!

You may have the wires mixed up...Lou should be chiming in soon to help-if not, a phone call to LG would confirm.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Toonz
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'12

I seem to recall reading that the light was on when they were open.

Not sure it makes a difference in the functionality of the switch either way. The only thing I would worry about is if the light is on while the car is shut off. May not seem like much, but it would be draining the battery if it was.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 217 Posts

Mine is wired as LG directions. The light is on when the butterflies are closed, exhaust in quiet mode. This is a great feature to compliment my american racing headers exhaust system.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Originally Posted by PADFUNDER
I installed my own and while I don't claim to be an expert (specially in electrical stuff)...

The red light "on" indicates that the butterflies are closed and exhaust is tame. No red light indicates that they are open with the exhaust sounding like she has 505HP in her!!!

You may have the wires mixed up...Lou should be chiming in soon to help-if not, a phone call to LG would confirm.
That's right it takes electrical power to close them, hence the light is on. Think about it, if you pull the fuse, they're open.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:13 PM
BlackC6Z06
Instructor

Ok, does the red light go off when the car has no power? It seems that if I leave the switch on (butterflies closed) the red light still stays lit. Any thoughts?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
GasmanZR1
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackC6Z06
Ok, does the red light go off when the car has no power? It seems that if I leave the switch on (butterflies closed) the red light still stays lit. Any thoughts?
The light stays on when the car is off. I have left the light on for many days (7-10) without any problems.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Bill's ZO6
Racer

LG installed mine. The valves are closed when the light is on and the switch is facing forward. Whe valves are open when the switch is back and the light is off. I believe the battery drain is insignificant regarding the LED, although I leave mine in the open position if I am not going to be driving the car for a few days.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Rutan00Z28
Advanced

The switch should be wired as follows:

Black (ground)wire goes on the post directly under the L.E.D. on the switch, Orange Wire goes to the center post on the switch, and the Red wire goes on the last post on the switch. The red wire goes on the right side of the fuse hole, and the orange wire on the left, and the black wire goes to ground.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:07 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rutan00Z28
The switch should be wired as follows:

Black (ground)wire goes on the post directly under the L.E.D. on the switch, Orange Wire goes to the center post on the switch, and the Red wire goes on the last post on the switch. The red wire goes on the right side of the fuse hole, and the orange wire on the left, and the black wire goes to ground.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

OR. if you don't want the light at all, simply do not attach ground wire, which is what I did per contacting LG.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Rec Racing
8th Gear

I installed mine last night and it works great! One question...after it was installed my trickle charger does not want to charge. Any potential reason for that? All systems in the car are working perfectly and it does not seem to matter if the switch is in the lit or unlit position. Thanks for any input.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about LG man switch install

Quick Reply: [Z06] Question about LG man switch install