Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] '06 versus '07

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:13 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Give the 07 some more miles and then see if it is as tight or quiet as your 06. New cars are usually more quieter than used cars just put on some more miles if you want to compare. Things tend to loosen up as the vehicle gets older.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
RFE 300
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3D Z06 in SB
I read the post a few times just to be sure of intent. It appears to me that the author was honestly sharing his opinion between two cars that he owned. Nothing more, nothing less.
That's what I was trying to do. Guess it didn't work, at least for some.

Maybe this is clearer: both cars are fantastic; they're just different, and it depends what you want.

As for all the "elevating yourself", "is this a joke" and similar comments, I've been on the forum long enough to know that you can't post the day of the week without someone taking offence or criticizing you. Best to develop a thick skin, although I appreciate those who stepped up on defense.

And, since it seems to matter to some, we all pay MSRP up here in the Frozen North.

Michael

Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 AM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pio
I think I just found what to put on my vanity plate - execpt, mine is an 06, so ....
yea my wife has a 06 c6 z and she won't even get that plate (puss z) - it's reserved for men and women who drive 07 z's

hello blondstar - help someone is bashing me! ok blondstar here please turn down the radio so i can hear you better - you will find the control on the steering wheel. ok thats much better - breathe deep and have some wine and cheese - meditate and try and think about your softer ride and your lower safer horse power and your 100,000 mile warranty. remember you have much to be happy about. your car will not go fast enough to blow the roof off.

mark brown
Old 04-22-2007, 10:53 AM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only differences i actually notice is the 07 is quieter due to the added insulation......the new tires account for the ride/harshness/feel difference. ... i think the 2 are actually very very similar in all other aspects
Old 04-22-2007, 10:55 AM
speedwaylemans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Feelings, feelings....isn't there a song about them? Gee, not sure what to think about this place sometimes. But if you think the 06 vs. 07 is bad, just try to remember how it was for all us 'poor' 01 Z06 owners when they upped the HP another 20. Man, did I catch it then. Last laugh though, my Speedway White/mod red sold for a nice price - man, I wish I had kept her. Not an example of first year produced and problems as that was the nicest Corvette I have owned.

I have had an 06 and now have an 07 Z06. Did not have the 06 long enough or the 07 long enough yet to really compare. I do know in my particular situation, my 07 was built much better than my 06 that had multiple problems. So I have experienced both sides of the first year vs. second year Z06s. Some are better than others, no matter what year they are. So enjoy your ride, you got a nice one no matter which year - be happy, not even any difference in HP. Gotta love it!

Now wait until the Blue Devil comes out.....what will we all be then?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:38 AM
NOVAVETTE
Burning Brakes

Not sure about the 06, but my 07 does seem very refined and tight.
I did own an 05 coupe, but the Z06 in addition to having much more noticable power does seem to have an even tighter interior fit and finish.
All of the C6's are very well built cars, so we all benefit from the attention to detail that eveyone has put into building the car.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Originally Posted by speedwaylemans
Feelings, feelings....isn't there a song about them? Gee, not sure what to think about this place sometimes. But if you think the 06 vs. 07 is bad, just try to remember how it was for all us 'poor' 01 Z06 owners when they upped the HP another 20. Man, did I catch it then. Last laugh though, my Speedway White/mod red sold for a nice price - man, I wish I had kept her. Not an example of first year produced and problems as that was the nicest Corvette I have owned.

I have had an 06 and now have an 07 Z06. Did not have the 06 long enough or the 07 long enough yet to really compare. I do know in my particular situation, my 07 was built much better than my 06 that had multiple problems. So I have experienced both sides of the first year vs. second year Z06s. Some are better than others, no matter what year they are. So enjoy your ride, you got a nice one no matter which year - be happy, not even any difference in HP. Gotta love it!

Now wait until the Blue Devil comes out.....what will we all be then?
Well said, making broad-sweeping generalizations comparing a single 06 to a single 07 (in a large group of cars that are 99.99% the same) is like arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. It's also like saying, since I got struck by lightning, everyone else will too."

Within any model year of any mass-produced car, there are many 1000s of good apples, and always a few bad ones. In an individual's case, it's the luck of the draw, as to what you picked out of the barrel.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:29 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Dear Ann Landers:

My '06 Z06 at 11000 miles has become an unrefined, snarly, nasty beast, especially on the race track where it likes to play badly with the other cars. I fear if this continues, it may change my personality, also. Do you think I should buy a more refined, smoother '07 Z06 with the imaginery upgraded suspension? Thank you.

Confused Allan in SoCal.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:43 PM
JDRacing
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Dear Ann Landers:

My '06 Z06 at 11000 miles has become an unrefined, snarly, nasty beast, especially on the race track where it likes to play badly with the other cars. I fear if this continues, it may change my personality, also. Do you think I should buy a more refined, smoother '07 Z06 with the imaginery upgraded suspension? Thank you.

Confused Allan in SoCal.
Dear Confused Allan in SoCal;

Clearly that beast is too much car for the likes of you, and you should immediately park it before you chip a nail. Besides, how can you get your makeup on straight wihile driving with that stiff suspension? I strongly suggest you immediately trade it in on a pink '07. Be sure to pick up a couple of cute skirts to go with your new ride.

Ann
Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
RFE 300
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Dear Ann Landers:

Confused Allan in SoCal.

Michael

Old 04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
RFE 300
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JDRacing
Dear Confused Allan in SoCal;

Clearly that beast is too much car for the likes of you, and you should immediately park it before you chip a nail. Besides, how can you get your makeup on straight wihile driving with that stiff suspension? I strongly suggest you immediately trade it in on a pink '07. Be sure to pick up a couple of cute skirts to go with your new ride.

Ann

Michael

Old 04-22-2007, 01:11 PM
docb
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Whatever happened to going after the real enemy. 5.0 Litre Mustang owners.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

Dear Ann Landers:

I am pleased to know about your interest in and expertise in Corvettes. Please help me, I am extremely disheartened about what happened when I tried to remove my airbag stickers. How do I get rid of that pesky, gooey residue?

Sincerely,

Messy in Maryland

Last edited by Foosh; 04-22-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:58 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Dear Ann Landers:

I am pleased to know about your interest in and expertise in Corvettes. Please help me, I am extremely disheartened about what happened when I tried to remove my airbag stickers. How do I get rid of that pesky, gooey residue?

Sincerely,

Messy in Maryland
Dear Messy:

Chicken soup.

Ann
Old 04-22-2007, 02:46 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Dear Ann Landers:

Confused Allan in SoCal.
HAAAA,,,, My C-5 Z06's were...

NOISY, MEAN, & NASTY !!!

The 07 is like driving a Lexus !!!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:23 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by docb
They are still around -Very durable cars. Tons of aftermarket go fast reasonably priced parts to get and easily available.....remember they won and beat Z/28 and Trans-AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Gateway
Drifting

Originally Posted by LS WON
.....remember they won and beat Z/28 and Trans-AM.
Too bad they had their asses handed to them from '93 to '02.

Get notified of new replies

To '06 versus '07

Old 04-22-2007, 05:52 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NuGateway
Too bad they had their asses handed to them from '93 to '02.
Of course they did the whole fourth generation killed the stangs (stock vs. stock) remember T/A's and Z/28's had Corvette engines in them and yet still lost the war only to be discontinued. Sales determined the winner not 0-60 times . I was going to get a Ram Air bird but that was when they discontinued it. The Mustang had a wider appeal to the auto market and a better seating position that people liked instead of being cramped down into interior and the F-bodies had a reputation of falling apart, overweight doors, cheapo interior and using cheap velco sunshades for T-tops. .
Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM
TetraU
Drifting

This is the most fun read I had in a while. Faster cars, quieter rides, bigger *****, to Ann Lander's Chicken Soup ...... You boys are killing me.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:03 PM
bondmid003
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docb
You mean Viper owners? Kidding, even though it seems every mustang with an aftermarket exhaust likes to peel out in front of me