Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] In awe of the Z06-sighted yellow for the first time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:26 AM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default In awe of the Z06-sighted yellow for the first time.

So yesterday early afternoon I'm outside the Kinkos near 217 in Beaverton ( across from the police station btw ) and a spotlessly shined yellow C6 Z06 slowly motors right by.....I was stunned! I've never seen this color Z06 in person and wow is all I can say.The visual impact of a yellow base C6 is strong but this beast was just plain awesome. It was a nice day to be prowling in this car....partly cloudy and cool.

Lucky guy! If you read this post my compliments on an outstanding appearing Z06. My son was with me...it's his first 'sighting' of a C6 Z06in its natural habitat. It was he who saw it first and all he could manage to say was 'Dad, is that what I think it is? The car you've been telling me about? '

Yes, son, that's the king. I was picking up some printing in my hemi Grand Cherokee or I would have waved big time. As it was I suppose I only managed to stand there with my mouth open. It sure is a fine looking car. I can't really afford one with the family and all etc but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beast.

C6s of any model or configuration are rare around here and Z06s are ultra rare. Sighting this one made me remember late '67 when I first sighted a new body style yellow '68 vette. It's been that long I've been appreciating these cars. wow, ....maybe if I went to peanut butter sandwiches at lunch and saved the difference......
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think you're hooked now? Wait until you ride in, or drive one!! You will be going for sure!!

If only souls could be sold on e-bay....I would have a Z06 tomorrow.

The Z06 is worth every stinkin' penny of its MSRP to me. Most people just can't appreciate what a ground-breaking, precedent-setting "supercar" it is (for GM) - we really have to take our hats off to GM for producing such a beast, and giving it a 100K warranty to boot? Dayum.

BTW- I used to live very close to that area in PDX. Sure do miss the Great NW.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM
JJMalone
Drifting

Originally Posted by OregonC6
So yesterday early afternoon I'm outside the Kinkos near 217 in Beaverton ( across from the police station btw ) and a spotlessly shined yellow C6 Z06 slowly motors right by.....I was stunned! I've never seen this color Z06 in person and wow is all I can say.The visual impact of a yellow base C6 is strong but this beast was just plain awesome. It was a nice day to be prowling in this car....partly cloudy and cool.

Lucky guy! If you read this post my compliments on an outstanding appearing Z06. My son was with me...it's his first 'sighting' of a C6 Z06in its natural habitat. It was he who saw it first and all he could manage to say was 'Dad, is that what I think it is? The car you've been telling me about? '

Yes, son, that's the king. I was picking up some printing in my hemi Grand Cherokee or I would have waved big time. As it was I suppose I only managed to stand there with my mouth open. It sure is a fine looking car. I can't really afford one with the family and all etc but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beast.

C6s of any model or configuration are rare around here and Z06s are ultra rare. Sighting this one made me remember late '67 when I first sighted a new body style yellow '68 vette. It's been that long I've been appreciating these cars. wow, ....maybe if I went to peanut butter sandwiches at lunch and saved the difference......
Nahh, who would pay the extra money for a measly few horses. How could you ever use them on the street. The standard C6 is a lot better value…. you could use the $$$$$$ saved and make the C6 so much faster…..blah, blah, blah…….
Old 03-28-2007, 12:32 PM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yellow is the fastest color you know. Just look.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JJMalone
Nahh, who would pay the extra money for a measly few horses. How could you ever use them on the street. The standard C6 is a lot better value…. you could use the $$$$$$ saved and make the C6 so much faster…..blah, blah, blah…….
....he's been bashing the ZO6 price all this time and this is the first time he's seen one???? Wonder if it's still overpriced??
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

To bad they are overpriced otherwise your son could point at the kinkos and say hey dad, is that one of those hemi cherokees.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

That yellow car is worth $65000, TOPS! Anymore and the owner is a freaking FOOL for buying it.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJMalone
Old 03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

Why would anyone buy a Cherokee with a Hemi? I mean a regular V6 is more than adequate and with all the money you would save you could mod it to be a much better 4X4. The Hemi Cherokee is overpriced I wouldn't pay more than 24K tops.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:19 PM
bondmid003
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what he meant was this was the first time he'd seen a yellow one...I agree that its the fastest color!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bondmid003
I think what he meant was this was the first time he'd seen a yellow one...
Who cares?

Last edited by Exterminator; 03-28-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
SMFCPACFP
Safety Car

Received 101 Likes on 39 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

My experience is that people really like the yellow, or they really don't - not much middle ground. In certain lights, I actually see a hint of blue in the color.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Man you guys are brutal......
The guy comes in here with hat in hand & heaps praise on the Z06 and all we can do is throw metaphorical tomatoes at him.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redzone
The guy comes in here with hat in hand & heaps praise on the Z06 and all we can do is throw metaphorical tomatoes at him.
Let your fingers do a little searching on his posting history. You'll soon discover why this post has generated the so-called "brutal" responses.

As far as I am concerned, based on his prior unqualified commentaries with respect to the Z06's, specifically on pricing, the comments on this thread thus far by other forum members have been very reasonable.

At one point, I thought OregonC6's repetitive rants on the Z06 pricing should have had him banned. I am guessing that he was "influenced" to change the contents of those posts, as I have not seen any within the last month or so.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Let your fingers do a little searching on his posting history. You'll soon discover why this post has generated the so-called "brutal" responses.

As far as I am concerned, based on his prior unqualified commentaries with respect to the Z06's, specifically on pricing, the comments on this thread thus far by other forum members have been very reasonable.

At one point, I thought OregonC6's repetitive rants on the Z06 pricing should have had him banned. I am guessing that he was "influenced" to change the contents of those posts, as I have not seen any within the last month or so.

And now it turns out that his experience and subsequent negativity was entirely hypothetical as he has such limited experience with the C6 Z06 that he has only just now seen a C6 Z06 in VY!

And Redzone, if he has his "hat in hand" I would, by all means, check the other hand for a knife!

Last edited by Exterminator; 03-28-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Meant what I said

It was nice to be with my son when we saw the Z06. I recall that first glimpse of the '68 and was with my dad at the time. Sorry for prior rants but I have to tell you my comments in starting this thread were sincere and not meant as penance. I think many of my prior comments were way too strong and I regret making them. I haven't gotten any directions to say these complimentary things about the Z06 I just felt like it. If there's any way I can swing a Z06 in the future I will. Let's just say I continue to learn or at least try to and learned enough to smarten up. that's all. I was wrong in many prior comments about the Z06. Forgive me or not it's the truth and I figure I deserve most of your comments.

Get notified of new replies

To In awe of the Z06-sighted yellow for the first time.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Exterminator

And now it turns out that his experience and subsequent negativity was entirely hypothetical as he has such limited experience with the C6 Z06 that he has only just now seen a C6 Z06 in VY!

And Redzone, if he has his "hat in hand" I would, by all means, check the other hand for a knife!

Now that's funny
Old 03-28-2007, 04:34 PM
1HOT427
Racer

Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 PM
2KZ28CAM
Drifting

Originally Posted by redzone

"All we are say-ing.........Is give peace a chaaance"

Quick Reply: [Z06] In awe of the Z06-sighted yellow for the first time.