Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Up close and personal with the new SS and LS9[Mega merged]

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicZ06
it might be somewhere in the other pages, but can someone take a se cand please tell me what that huge square crap is on top of the engine? Doesnt look like a S/C I've ever seen. The intake looks like it is going into the engine very low... almost camshaft low. I say its bad phot angles, but any help would be appreciated!
Look at the engine pics in the FAQ.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:56 PM
RotorHead
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'08, '14
GATORS Chomp OU 4 St. Jude '09

I'll let you guys know when it's testing here in Sebring (no pics or lap times) . I'm sure it will have a very distinct sound.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:13 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by RonnieSVT
I bet GM leaked them just for publicity its great marketing.

How did they find out so fast who took them , and the guys already fired and in jail?

Give me a break
You can't be serious.

Photos were posted of a vehicle with the license plate number shown. GM knows exactly which car it is and where that car is. They know when it was loaded onto a truck at a GM facility. They know which company took delivery and when. They know when it's scheduled to be on a plane.

Should be pretty damn easy to find out who took the pics.

Just like those faked Blue Devil pics that showed up a while ago. People at GM were likely rolling in laughter over that since they knew where the car was and who had it based on the plate number.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:32 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

If the truth were known I bet GM is pretty happy about this. Look at all the free HYPE. This is good for GM. This is FREE advertising......it's around the world in just a few cyper hours. Everyone you talk to has heard about it ( people who live in the performance world) and WANTING to be on the list.

The price they are going to charge and the amount over sticker you would be willing to pay just went up.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default He drove the million dollar car!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shutterbug took 'Vette for joyride

Eric Morath / The Detroit News

A Romulus loading dock worker not only took spy photos of a top-secret Chevrolet Corvette -- he took the super high-performance sports car for a test drive, according to a police report.
The employee drove the prototype car, valued at $1 million, around a parking lot on Monday, and used a camera phone to take some 23 photos of the vehicle, the report states.

The report was obtained Friday by the gmsource.com automotive blog and posted to its Web site. Romulus police would not release the report to The Detroit News on Friday afternoon, saying it was part of an ongoing investigation.

The incident took place at the Central States Trucking Co.'s facility near Detroit Metropolitan Airport the day before the vehicle was shipped to Germany

Several photos showing the Corvette's exterior and engine began appearing Thursday on auto enthusiast Web sites. The police report specifically said the pictures were sent to fast-autos.net.

Pictures were removed from that site at Central States Trucking's request, but remained on other sites, such as www.jalopnik.com.

The car was identified as a prototype of the 2009 Corvette SS, a 600-plus horsepower supercar dubbed the "Blue Devil," after General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner's alma mater, Duke University.

The police report said the loading dock worker was fired and civil action may be pending. He had worked for Central States Trucking since June.

A source close to the situation, who asked not to be identified, said it is odd that such a highly sensitive vehicle was packed in such an unsecured fashion, to the point it could be driven, rather than completely crated.

Automakers have struggled in recent years to keep a lid on photos of cars in development as Web sites aimed at auto enthusiasts have proliferated.

GM spokesman Terry Rhadigan would not confirm that the photos that appeared online were of the Corvette prototype. He also said he didn't believe it was GM that called police about the illicit photos. He said GM is continuing to investigate how the photos were leaked.

"Clearly this is a security violation," he said. "But we're still in the midst of investigation. As far as any next step, we're not in position to talk about that."

A receptionist at Central State Trucking's Bensenville, Ill., headquarters said company officials would not discuss the situation.

Rhadigan said he didn't know how police came to value the car at $1 million and said not all concept cars are valued at that amount.

A production Corvette Z06 starts at $70,000.

The Internet has been abuzz in recent weeks with speculation about GM's rumored development of a 600-plus horsepower Corvette supercar.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Deep Blue
Racer

Originally Posted by DarthStimpy
You must've been to a REALLY nice High school, cause i know at mine we didn't have the ability to pour cast aluminum air to water intercoolers.
Looks no worse than some Ferrari test mules they've posted pictures of.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:18 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 323 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 97BlckCpe
holy frikin for real what the hell is this ... it amazing! I want it...
Here are a couple more.

How bout a Grand Sport version.

Last edited by 2K14C7; 02-24-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: edit
Old 02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Whats It Going To Be???

Is it a 2009 or 2010? Is it Supercharged? Is it 600HP or 650HP? Will it look like the current Z06 with a few different panels?

One thing is for sure the ADM will be Astronomical putting it out of reach of the majority of Vette owners.

Are any of these spy photo's real?

The Viper will have 615HP for 08 and 680HP for 2009. Unless GM buys Chrysler then the Viper may well be history.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 PM
TopFuelTim
Burning Brakes

Default Wow! I like that.

Nice!!!

Originally Posted by 2k2C5
I always liked this one.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:45 PM
oaks99
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TopFuelTim
Nice!!!
just lose the spoiler
Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Weapon-X
Instructor

How bout a Grand Sport version.

Is this kit actually being produced??? If so, I might have to step into a C6 sooner than expected!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
OleStraightStick
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

bad*ss but i'd hate to see the price tag..
Old 02-24-2007, 02:16 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Here are a couple more.

I like this one, any more shots from the side or rear ?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:35 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 323 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ajg1915
I like this one, any more shots from the side or rear ?
Not in that color but here are a few variations on the rear view.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Not in that color but here are a few variations on the rear view.

Thanks for the pictures. If they ever produce that style vette, I'll probably buy one.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:56 PM
AZ FASTEST
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Google Earth Shows Donuts in Shipper's Parking Lot!

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shutterbug took 'Vette for joyride

Eric Morath / The Detroit News

A Romulus loading dock worker not only took spy photos of a top-secret Chevrolet Corvette -- he took the super high-performance sports car for a test drive, according to a police report.
The employee drove the prototype car, valued at $1 million, around a parking lot on Monday, and used a camera phone to take some 23 photos of the vehicle, the report states.

The report was obtained Friday by the gmsource.com automotive blog and posted to its Web site. Romulus police would not release the report to The Detroit News on Friday afternoon, saying it was part of an ongoing investigation.

The incident took place at the Central States Trucking Co.'s facility near Detroit Metropolitan Airport the day before the vehicle was shipped to Germany

Several photos showing the Corvette's exterior and engine began appearing Thursday on auto enthusiast Web sites. The police report specifically said the pictures were sent to fast-autos.net.

Pictures were removed from that site at Central States Trucking's request, but remained on other sites, such as www.jalopnik.com.

The car was identified as a prototype of the 2009 Corvette SS, a 600-plus horsepower supercar dubbed the "Blue Devil," after General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner's alma mater, Duke University.

The police report said the loading dock worker was fired and civil action may be pending. He had worked for Central States Trucking since June.

A source close to the situation, who asked not to be identified, said it is odd that such a highly sensitive vehicle was packed in such an unsecured fashion, to the point it could be driven, rather than completely crated.

Automakers have struggled in recent years to keep a lid on photos of cars in development as Web sites aimed at auto enthusiasts have proliferated.

GM spokesman Terry Rhadigan would not confirm that the photos that appeared online were of the Corvette prototype. He also said he didn't believe it was GM that called police about the illicit photos. He said GM is continuing to investigate how the photos were leaked.

"Clearly this is a security violation," he said. "But we're still in the midst of investigation. As far as any next step, we're not in position to talk about that."

A receptionist at Central State Trucking's Bensenville, Ill., headquarters said company officials would not discuss the situation.

Rhadigan said he didn't know how police came to value the car at $1 million and said not all concept cars are valued at that amount.

A production Corvette Z06 starts at $70,000.

The Internet has been abuzz in recent weeks with speculation about GM's rumored development of a 600-plus horsepower Corvette supercar.
Lucky guy!! I'm still years away from driving my version!

I'd like to know who made the custom laptop bracket in the picture below! I could modify my Halltech tune at red lights!!

I'm also curious about the passenger ejection seat button on the console next to the traction switch!
Attached Images  

Last edited by AZ FASTEST; 02-25-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added amusing comment!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:14 AM
basshed
Advanced

It is common practice on a 'one-off' piece, like the mule in question, for GM/Delphi to put a semi-sarcastic price in the 'value' box on the sundry-shipper paperwork. It's probably not worth that much but no one really knows what it is worth - so hence the 1mil price estimate. imho..

Matt

Get notified of new replies

To Up close and personal with the new SS and LS9[Mega merged]

Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TopFuelTim
Nice!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

looks like the front fender heat extractor is split.

if you look closely you can see some of the new fender

Last edited by DPG; 03-01-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Someone else posted a picture with enhanced brightness. Not only is it split...there's some kind of duct under there. It's not the normal Z06 vent.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Up close and personal with the new SS and LS9[Mega merged]