Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] What do you think it shoud look like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Mr Different
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not gonna tell you what I have in mind for the back. It's gonna be a surprise. But, I do need a direct rear shot of a C6 Z06. So if someone could get me a big picture of the direct back shot, not from the top or angle, that would be great. Then it won't take long for me to get it done.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Knooger
Team Owner

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06, '07, '11, '17

How's this? Stolen from a for sale ad.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Different
Okie dokie, I put the front splitter and wheel arch vents but didn't put a huge spoiler on the back because I don't think road cars, at least stock, should have a huge spoiler.

I really like this version. The side exhaust is and business looking like the C6R. The original SS had sidepipes I believe and I think this new car should be a tribute to Arkus Duntov's baby, the racing SS. It's unfortunate that Chevy pulled out of factory sponsered motor racing just as the SS was finishing development with it's exotic no compromise design with lightweight breakthrough materials. IMO, I would leave off the front fender ducting to clean it up a bit. Everything on this new supervette must be functional as well as race inspired in looks

Scotty
Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 AM
ApexOversteer
Team Owner

Bear with me here, I had hoped to find better pics than these, but they will have to do.

This is almost what I would like to see from the SSting Blue Ray Devil...

I really like the front facia here. It recalls the Steel bumper Mako Shark nose to me, using the timeless elements of that design.

I also like the hood scoop, but only if they lose the center "spike". If you remove that spike suddenly this scoop recalls the '67 big block hood, again without being dated.

The "BSM" on the door has to go, but the rocker panel here, with the rear brake duct moved to the rocker, instead of behind the door, looks better than the current Z06 design and gives a hint of the side exhaust of days gone by to the mind, even though we know it's taking air in, not pushing it out.

The rear of the car has taken the somewhat plain rear end and given it some definition by surrounding the tail lights and the lic. plate placement (moved up to be in-line with the lights) in an oval area sunken into the surface of the panel, rather like the Tiger Shark bodykit for the C5. I like this because it just livens up the rear end without making it busier. Of course, toss that wing right in the dumpster.

The rear diffuser will be dictated by the aero testing GM does, so guessing about that is like guessing what next weeks lottery numbers are, someone will get it right, but it probably won't be you.

So that's what I'd like to see the SSting Blue Ray Devil look like, but since I already have a diecast model of it, I know it will never happen...

Last edited by ApexOversteer; 01-20-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM
amosq1
Advanced

Default Photo Shop Genius!!!

Okie dokie, I put the front splitter and wheel arch vents but didn't put a huge spoiler on the back because I don't think road cars, at least stock, should have a huge spoiler.

I love the hood!

and by the way, you are a frickin' photo shop genius Mr. Different!!

Did you go to school for your super powers??
Old 01-22-2007, 06:55 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by amosq1
I love the hood!

Old 01-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Mr Different
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amosq1
I love the hood!

lol Thanks guys! My idea for the rear is going to take a little bit more time than I first thought. BTW Thanks for the shot of the red c6.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default worry

Why worry just wait till it comes out and buy it just to be disappointed because it is the first year and will have issues and will be quickly overpowered by other cars for far less.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:53 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Radical05
Why worry just wait till it comes out and buy it just to be disappointed because it is the first year and will have issues and will be quickly overpowered by other cars for far less.
Who's worrying
Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Mr Different
Intermediate

Okay it's not nearly done yet, but here's an update to show that I am actually doing something. This was basically just showing the same changes I've made and shown you guys from those other views, now just from the back. Next up is the actual mods I have in mind for the entire rear.

oh and here's the original 'vette

Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Okay it's not nearly done yet, but here's an update to show that I am actually doing something. This was basically just showing the same changes I've made and shown you guys from those other views, now just from the back. Next up is the actual mods I have in mind for the entire rear.

oh and here's the original 'vette

With the side exit exhausts you forgot to eliminate the rear exhaust. This will give you creative room for the rear diffuser
Old 01-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Mr Different
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
With the side exit exhausts you forgot to eliminate the rear exhaust. This will give you creative room for the rear diffuser
Ya, I knew I left the exhaust there. I also didn't replace the center brake light. I was just showing you guys an update.
Now here's the finished work:

Old 01-24-2007, 01:28 AM
redvetteC4
Instructor

The back looks great. I hope they do something more unique with the appearance than just louvers scoops splitter etc. that could easily be added to a regular Z06 easily but I guess that's what will happen to keep the price around 100. Good work all in all!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Mr Different
Intermediate

I thought about that. At first, what I wanted was the obvious venturi tunnels like on the Koenigsegg, Enzo, Veyron, etc. But then I realized Chevy wouldn't do that because it wouldn't look right, and they wouldn't spend the money. Then I also realized that the Ford GT has an undercarriage similar to what I did here. I enjoyed doing the back, mainly because it was the most challenging.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I thought about that. At first, what I wanted was the obvious venturi tunnels like on the Koenigsegg, Enzo, Veyron, etc. But then I realized Chevy wouldn't do that because it wouldn't look right, and they wouldn't spend the money. Then I also realized that the Ford GT has an undercarriage similar to what I did here. I enjoyed doing the back, mainly because it was the most challenging.
I think if you lower the car a little or extend down the body aero package some it will look closer to what I hope the "Stingray, SS, BD" will look like. Just curios, how low does a stock 2007 ZO6 sit off the ground compared to Ford GT, Ferrari, Lambo, etc..?

BTW, you snuck in the wheel change too, Looks Good!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Mr Different
Intermediate

I'll work on that. Oh and I also worked in the center brake light somewhere. Guess where.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Thank you. Ya, I'd love to have them actually see them. Maybe they'd get ideas or something. Even if they don't, I enjoy making these.
Mr. different,you can be sure that GM does monitor this site very closely.
I bet they are looking @ this and discovering that "the end user" may have some viable input regarding design & improvements to their products.
Imagine that~asking the customer what he/she wants...

Excellent work on the photochop.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you think it shoud look like?

Old 01-24-2007, 08:36 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I'll work on that. Oh and I also worked in the center brake light somewhere. Guess where.
It looks like at the back of the roof or top of rear glass
Old 01-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Mr Different
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NORTY
Mr. different,you can be sure that GM does monitor this site very closely.
I bet they are looking @ this and discovering that "the end user" may have some viable input regarding design & improvements to their products.
Imagine that~asking the customer what he/she wants...

Excellent work on the photochop.
Thank you, It's nice to know that someone who's looking at my stuff might get some ideas from it.

Oh, and yes, the center brake light is in the rear window
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps a very of car with a retractable rear wing ?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] What do you think it shoud look like?