Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] '07 Z at ~$10k under MSRP, BS or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Default '07 Z at ~$10k under MSRP, BS or not?

I'm working with a salesman at a dealer in another state to finalize purchase on an '07 XLR-V. A few partners and I are buying it as a gift for our CEO/partner. Before you call BS on the Z price, know that I'm getting the V at $85.9k, plus a $2400 rebate.

His price to me on an '07 Atomic Orange, polished wheels, 2LZ, no nav with an MSRP of $76,425...$65,951.38. This program will not be available until after the first of the year, but the pricing will stand...again, according to him.

Does this sound (almost) too good to be true?
S.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:46 AM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Get it in writing with the price and other particulars specified clearly. If you get that document, then it's real. If not, well then, I guess you'll know the answer . . .

Nice gift - I'm available to be your CEO . . .
Old 11-22-2006, 11:47 AM
domslude
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would be nice if it's true!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by allanlaw
Get it in writing with the price and other particulars specified clearly. If you get that document, then it's real. If not, well then, I guess you'll know the answer . . .

I've got the purchase agreement for the V in-hand. He's sent me the pricing for the Z via email, along with the invoice for the example I cited. Certainly, a similiar discount would apply for a different vehicle.
S.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:06 PM
TX Steve T
Instructor

I just had a local dealer send me a quote for a new '07 Z06. The msrp is 78,175 and he quoted me a selling price of 71,338.

Not nearly the deal you have been quoted but still a good deal on a hot car.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:09 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by allanlaw

Old 11-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Meegle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TX Steve T
I just had a local dealer send me a quote for a new '07 Z06. The msrp is 78,175 and he quoted me a selling price of 71,338.

Not nearly the deal you have been quoted but still a good deal on a hot car.
Just sent you a PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
I'm working with a salesman at a dealer in another state to finalize purchase on an '07 XLR-V. A few partners and I are buying it as a gift for our CEO/partner. Before you call BS on the Z price, know that I'm getting the V at $85.9k, plus a $2400 rebate.

His price to me on an '07 Atomic Orange, polished wheels, 2LZ, no nav with an MSRP of $76,425...$65,951.38. This program will not be available until after the first of the year, but the pricing will stand...again, according to him.

S.
well, people are quick to rightly point out that nobody really knows anything about potential changes in the base car for '08 or the Z06 to say nothing about new models such as blue devils etc. However, it is very interesting IMO that the dealer says this pricing will not be available until after the first of the year. Of course, early announcements about changes may come only a couple of months into the new year.

GM and the dealers will want to have a plan to clear out existing inventory if and when major changes are announced. My opinion is that the Z06 you describe is actually worth $66K not 10 k more. And...at the price of $66 K both the dealer and GM will be making substantial margin on the sale ( IMO ).

It's getting exciting watching the dealers scramble to try to unobtrusively unload their inventory. lol. they can't keep it quiet with the internet can they? In the old days they could. Not now IMO.

If the base car hp goes to 450 it will devalue the 505 of the Z06 IMO for example.

BTW I am sure the XLRV is a wonderful car. But it's not, IMO worth $86K. My bet is that the market value of the car upon driving off the lot will be around $70 and keep dropping. It's a Cadillac no matter how supple the leather or powerful the engine. But you guys sound like money is the least of your problems in life. lucky you.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:36 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Supplier Price?

The price quoted sounds like what the GM supplier price would be (if you go to GM family and friends you'll see that it does show GMS price on 07 C6Z at about $10k off sticker). Now as far as I know, the C6Z isn't available at supplier price. But maybe that's coming after the first of the year.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:39 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by OregonC6
BTW I am sure the XLRV is a wonderful car. But it's not, IMO worth $86K. My bet is that the market value of the car upon driving off the lot will be around $70 and keep dropping. It's a Cadillac no matter how supple the leather or powerful the engine. But you guys sound like money is the least of your problems in life. lucky you.
I have a CTS-V, which I love. However, it has depreciated about 50% in 2 1/2 years. I think depreciation on the XLR-V will be at least as poor.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

well, people are quick to rightly point out that nobody really knows anything about potential changes in the base car for '08 or the Z06 to say nothing about new models such as blue devils etc. However, it is very interesting IMO that the dealer says this pricing will not be available until after the first of the year. Of course, early announcements about changes may come only a couple of months into the new year.
I'm not sure why the pricing program isn't available to me for another 6-weeks, and didn't really question it.
GM and the dealers will want to have a plan to clear out existing inventory if and when major changes are announced. My opinion is that the Z06 you describe is actually worth $66K not 10 k more. And...at the price of $66 K both the dealer and GM will be making substantial margin on the sale ( IMO ).
Good point, I also heard that GM will be releasing the Blue Devil/Z07 late-summer/early-fall of calender year '07. Perhaps that has an impact on early year pricing and available programs.
I agree 100%. Personally, I think there are better choices out there. I bought a new E55 about a month ago, and paid almost the same price. IMO, it's a better car than the V and will likely hold better value. This purchase wasn't about dollars and sense, it was about the emotion of giving and knowing it was something he wanted. For the three of us, that's all that mattered. Well...that and getting a good price on one.
S.

Last edited by Snorman; 11-22-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:47 PM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sefa01
The price quoted sounds like what the GM supplier price would be (if you go to GM family and friends you'll see that it does show GMS price on 07 C6Z at about $10k off sticker). Now as far as I know, the C6Z isn't available at supplier price. But maybe that's coming after the first of the year.
Yup, sounds like what GMS price would be. Called our fleet guy at dealership and he said it is possible to do this if a dealer wanted to take a really short profit on one. GMS is less than invoice minus hold back, so it is a very good deal. When dealer sells one like this they just get a percentage of invoice price as their profit and it's alot less than what they would make just by selling at msrp. This guy must be a really good customer!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Night Enforcer
Advanced

It could happen. As others have said "Get It In Writing"

I'm trying to buy myself a Christmas present; an 07 in victory red, 2LZ at MSRP. I have found three, but all are in the midwest or on the east coast. It would cost me between $1,800 and $2,000 to have it trucked in. The salesmen I have spoken with have been super to deal with and helpful. The dealers in Scottdale AZ that have what I am looking for, still think there is a pent up demand and won't budge below $2,500 over sticker. One dealer has three Zs on the lot and still can't get real. I visited them and tried to do the deal face to face cash in hand. Most in AZ still want 5K over MSRP. If someone knows about one closer to AZ at MSRP please PM me.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 PM
badsube
Instructor

The more I read, the more I'm confident in my decision to wait until next year to purchase either a new or used Z. Even if the blue devil is released or the base C6 bumps to 450hp, I'll still be interested in the Z, but I think the price on either a new or used one will be much cheaper. Again, this information maybe complete , but it still gives me hope .
Old 11-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Meegle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TX Steve T
I guess that deal must have been a one time offer since every dealer that I have gotten in touch with so far in the Weatherford/Dallas Texas area has absolutely no clue about ANYONE offering such a bargain.

Some of them (dealer) even went as far as saying it was complete BS that anyone would offer a new Z06 $6k-$7k off MSRP.

Last edited by Meegle; 11-25-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:38 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badsube
The more I read, the more I'm confident in my decision to wait until next year to purchase either a new or used Z. Even if the blue devil is released or the base C6 bumps to 450hp, I'll still be interested in the Z, but I think the price on either a new or used one will be much cheaper. Again, this information maybe complete , but it still gives me hope .
Hope in one hand.......................well you know the rest
Old 11-24-2006, 08:46 PM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

If I can get a loaded 07 for 71K I'm in.

Get notified of new replies

To '07 Z at ~$10k under MSRP, BS or not?

Old 11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
badsube
Instructor

Originally Posted by vegasdude
Hope in one hand.......................well you know the rest
Sure I've heard the saying, but I'm not sure how you're using it as a response to my post. Please explain.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:27 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Snorman

S.
Not really, supply has caught up to demand and it is winter. You would be surprised what dealer will do especially if you have a good relationship or own a business and buy parts off of them etc... My BIL who owns a body shop gets all of his cars at cost since they make more money off of him on body parts than they ever could selling cars. I would not doubt that they will start honoring GMS again on the Z06's. If and when the Blue Devil or whatever it is called comes out wait until you see the prices drop. JMHO.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:39 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

I was told about this pricing about 2 months back and I had posted it here. I had bought my 06 @ GMS and the same dealer was offering me the 05 when they came out @ GMS, so its really not a big suprise and I beleive him, I told him that count me in for an 08 @ GMS and he said anytime, so Im waiting for Summer to hit so that I can order it @ 10k off

Quick Reply: [Z06] '07 Z at ~$10k under MSRP, BS or not?