Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Smart lease and Smart buy

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:35 AM
trebor007
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart lease and Smart buy

Has anyone used the smart buy or smart lease through chevy or should I stick with retail financing? I am interested purchasing a Z06 and trying to do my homework. What are the advantages and disadvantages any of the three. Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:17 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

You ganna get several pros and cons fom forum members. It all depends on your financial situation (do you have a money tree), how many mile you drive, how soon you get bored from the cars you drive and wether or not you own a business. GMAC is not competitive at all, GM smart lease is not so smart, better traditional leasing or financing. Every financial guru I hear says lease what depreciate (cars) and buy what appreciate (home or land), good luck
Old 11-15-2006, 12:17 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by vetteship
Every financial guru I hear says lease what depreciate (cars) and buy what appreciate (home or land), good luck
If you lease your car through your business, this is usually true. But 9 out of 10 times, leasing personally is the most expensive route to take. And with the residual value they're using for the C6Z, there's no doubt that leasing is the worst way to go. (We've been doing lease/finance/buy analyses for our clients for 25 years now, so we've got a little expereince in this area. Our firm manages about $250 million and we have three CPAs and two CFPs on staff.)
Old 11-15-2006, 12:21 PM
SVT F15O
Pro

What is the difference from leasing through my business and leasing it personally>??? Thanks, -Mat-

Get notified of new replies

To Smart lease and Smart buy

Quick Reply: [Z06] Smart lease and Smart buy