Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Okay there is a new fast time out there.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Ranger has run 10.85 bone stock.

With all your mods, (hedders,intake,exhaust, tuning) you are running
.03 tenths faster.....................new times, sure...................but with your modifications, I would be expecting a bit more.............I fail to see the THRILL,................ Jabbot
Old 11-11-2006, 09:13 PM
DoingOK
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
CI VIII Car Show Winner

Originally Posted by VNAMVET

.03 tenths faster.....................new times, sure...................but with your modifications, I would be expecting a bit more.............I fail to see the THRILL,................ Jabbot

Ranger is not the typical corvette owner that I see. He has dozens of runs performed and is very methodical in his calculations. I respect and applaud his efforts and those of Scott, who obviously does not have the same experience. For you to come on here with such a lack of tact is pretty sad. I'm glad I was taught to not say anything if you don't have anything nice to say. BTW: You spell it "headers".

Rich
US Navy Submariner (retired)

Last edited by DoingOK; 11-11-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 330 Likes on 191 Posts

vnamvet, what you did not look at was the conditions that the runs were ran under. Nothing from Ranger he did a great job, but I doubt it would have done a 10.85 out there. When the weather gets to where it was on the 10.85 run, Scott's car should be going in the 10.50 range. Not only that, this car did it back to back with no cool down between runs. There is not a ZO6 yet in the tens that has done a back to back 10, let alone half a dozen of them. I am sure that Ranger would have backed his up if he had not been kicked off the track, that is the way it goes, the same as if Scott had run that weekend we would have been in the 50's. That is the thrill.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Meegle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There is one major issue that you didn't factor in. DA, the figure was -850 for Ranger while the car above ran at +1500. That difference alone is worth at the very least 2-3 tenth as well as 3 MPH+.
Nothing against Ranger but you need to look at all the variables prior to disrespecting his(m3corvette) achievements.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:14 PM
DoingOK
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
CI VIII Car Show Winner

Originally Posted by jabbott
vnamvet, what you did not look at was the conditions that the runs were ran under. Nothing from Ranger he did a great job, but I doubt it would have done a 10.85 out there. When the weather gets to where it was on the 10.85 run, Scott's car should be going in the 10.50 range. Not only that, this car did it back to back with no cool down between runs. There is not a ZO6 yet in the tens that has done a back to back 10, let alone half a dozen of them. I am sure that Ranger would have backed his up if he had not been kicked off the track, that is the way it goes, the same as if Scott had run that weekend we would have been in the 50's. That is the thrill.

Quit posting Justin and get my car done
Old 11-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Zip Corvettes

Come on Rich its late, plus I get paid 5 times over for weekend work. Wait what I am I saying, 5 times over, Im putting the computer away and am going to go put in some more hours.

Last edited by Zip Corvettes; 11-11-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:33 PM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually that would be .03 seconds or 3 hundredths or .3 tenths faster.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Meegle
There is one major issue that you didn't factor in. DA, the figure was -850 for Ranger while the car above ran at +1500. That difference alone is worth at the very least 2-3 tenth as well as 3 MPH+.
Nothing against Ranger but you need to look at all the variables prior to disrespecting his(m3corvette) achievements.
Scott made a fine series of passes. Nothing I want to write takes anything away from that.

But Meegle, I'm not sure where you get the very least 2-3 tenth as well as 3 MPH but that's way, way off. In my lead post of my 10.85 thread, I took the extra step of detailing the effect the DA had on the pass. It was modest. The previous week at 825' DA my car ran 127.80, 128.58, 128.82. On the 10.85 pass the trap was 0.68 mph faster at 129.50.

What made my pass a 10.85 was the driving on the launch and the 1-2 shift. Look at the 330-1320 incremental differences between -850 air and +825 air, it was .065. That is a small difference.

One on the benefits of measuring everything, like I do, is that I know what my car does and why. And I try my best to layout that knowledge in documentary form.

In wringing acceleration from a traction-limited Z06, there are many factors in play beside the weather. First and foremost is how the pass is driven. The top four are: the launch, traction, shift points, aggregate duration of clutch-in. If that is difficult to grasp, please spend a few minutes examining the spread sheet I've copied to the thumb.

Ranger
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2006, 11:06 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, tough love. Now I know what it feels like to have an evil stepmother!!! Come on now Craig, post up YOUR times. These cars are not as easy to get a great time out of as others seem to think!!

See ya all later! 6 hours to my flight...............no sleep...............Coasta Rica bound for a week. I'm outa here!!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Meegle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ranger,

Unfortunately, my experience and input was based on auto equiped drag cars and not street tire street cars.
In my own experience, I have seen 3 tenth+ and several MPH's when going from undesirable summer conditions to ideal fall weather and conditions.
I am sure many bracket racers out there can attest to their gains under these conditions as well.
Sorry about the confusion on these gains as I agree the gains made with a traction limited street car is quite different than that of a drag car.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Nice runs.............finally with the right burnout & launch RPM peckerwood!.
Might not be enough though once the 97' is back
Old 11-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Zip Corvettes

Steve, Did Scott tell you? No more clutch problems, we are installing an automatic............................... ........................................ ..

Just kidding. He was thinking about it just for you, but I don't think we are going too.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:50 PM
C5 CU
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the love (?) ... actually pretty good stuff. probably less than 5 people have their C6ZO6 in the 10s...
Old 11-13-2006, 03:02 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

there is absolutely nothing easy about running tens, my friend. Much less from a simple bolt on, naturally aspirated car. It's an accomplishment and he has every right to be proud.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SMOKIN
Old 11-18-2006, 01:49 AM
m3corvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
Nice runs.............finally with the right burnout & launch RPM peckerwood!.
Might not be enough though once the 97' is back
Going to the juice are we!!
Old 11-18-2006, 01:50 AM
m3corvette
Drifting

Originally Posted by jabbott
Steve, Did Scott tell you? No more clutch problems, we are installing an automatic............................... ........................................ ..

Just kidding. He was thinking about it just for you, but I don't think we are going too.
OK Abbott, I'm back from Coasta Rica, so what the heck broke on my car!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Okay there is a new fast time out there.