Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] I have a confession to make....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I have a confession to make....

This is very hard for me to say, so let's just get it over with; this past weekend I traded my Z towards a Ford GT. I am not exactly sure why I did this, but suffice it to say that I had a chance at a slightly used GT at a pretty good deal, so I took it. I thought about this deal for several weeks and went back and forth many times, committing to do the deal and then backing out, multiple times. In the end I did it, and yes, I definitely feel a sense of loss giving up the Z. I was really attached to it and it is such a great car in every way that I may always have some regrets. I guess part of why I did this is because of the limited nature of the GT (rather than any performance differences between the two cars). At some point I will post about my observations between the two cars.

Over the next few days I will be putting together a list of some Z06 parts for sale (in the proper forum section, of course), which will include my brand new Kinesis black wheels and brand new Michelin Sport Cups, both Halltech filters, and a brand new car cover. My prices will be quite discounted.

I really struggled with this deal, partly because of camaraderie here on the Forum - hope I can still hang out with you guys occasionally.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:54 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

*Breaks bottle off on bar and points it at Everett

GT is a good little automobile too, though. Have fun, you're doing what a lot of people can only dream to do.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Wicked, wicked car! Better looking and more of an icon, I think than the Z06. But no potential weekends for two with that beast, so just not for me!
Best wishes to you and have a bunch of hell raising fun!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm seriously thinking about doing the same... except for a DB9.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Wicked, wicked car! Better looking and more of an icon, I think than the Z06. But no potential weekends for two with that beast, so just not for me!
Best wishes to you and have a bunch of hell raising fun!

But I see the picture of his former Z in his avatar and I can't agree with you.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Everett Ogilvie
I traded my Z towards a Ford GT.
Everett,

Congratulations!

Your only mistake was to not keep the Z06!

The GT is a great car and if you don't need the cargo room the Z had, then good for you.

Remember to duck when you close the door!

Ownership is not a requisite here.
Stay around and keep us informed about the car and yourself, otherwise we'll accuse you of being a snob!

Mike
Old 08-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Everett,

Congratulations!

Your only mistake was to not keep the Z06!

The GT is a great car and if you don't need the cargo room the Z had, then good for you.

Remember to duck when you close the door!

Ownership is not a requisite here.
Stay around and keep us informed about the car and yourself, otherwise we'll accuse you of being a snob!

Mike
Thanks Mike, and everyone! You guys would not believe how hard the first couple of nights were - I was in mourning (still am to some degree)!

Believe me - I tried every way I could to keep the Z, and right now it just would have strapped my cash flow too much.

I think I can safely say that I will own another Corvette...
Old 08-29-2006, 09:25 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Stick around brother.

Congrats on the new whip.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm a ford guy - i love the gt - but i hate the doors, they are trouble.

mb

ps hope you got red?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:34 PM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where the pics at?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 PM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

This is very hard for me to say, so let's just get it over with; this past weekend I traded my Z towards a Ford GT. I am not exactly sure why I did this, but suffice it to say that I had a chance at a slightly used GT at a pretty good deal, so I took it. I thought about this deal for several weeks and went back and forth many times, committing to do the deal and then backing out, multiple times. In the end I did it, and yes, I definitely feel a sense of loss giving up the Z. I was really attached to it and it is such a great car in every way that I may always have some regrets. I guess part of why I did this is because of the limited nature of the GT (rather than any performance differences between the two cars). At some point I will post about my observations between the two cars.

Over the next few days I will be putting together a list of some Z06 parts for sale (in the proper forum section, of course), which will include my brand new Kinesis black wheels and brand new Michelin Sport Cups, both Halltech filters, and a brand new car cover. My prices will be quite discounted.

I really struggled with this deal, partly because of camaraderie here on the Forum - hope I can still hang out with you guys occasionally.
Don't blame you a bit. That car will be a collector dream in the not so distant future.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 PM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

sweet ride, post some pics ! What color did you get? stripes?

that is one gorgeous car
Old 08-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Bobby J
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn. Never thought I would be reading this.

But why are you acting like you just found out you screwed your long, lost sister? You've had the opportunity to own probably the 2 most incredible American performance cars ever built. My first and strongest car passion will always be Corvettes. But being a car guy, there is the rare occasion that a car comes along that is so special in so many ways that I just can't resist it. The GT is one of those cars. Lots of people here would agree.

I am looking forward to your review. And I must admit, I am a tad bit jealous.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:17 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Congrats!
Life is full of tough decisions.You can always get another Z.

I saw a couple of GT's in person.Wow! They are cool cars.I keep thinking about sacrificing my SRT10 and getting something else.It is tough to decide.

We are blessed with such tough decisions.
Be sure to stick around.

Dan
Old 08-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Thanks again to all for the kind words.

I don't want to come across as if I am all bummed out! I like the new car, and am excited to get to know it - just going through some separation anxiety with the Z06 - after all, I drove all night to get it, and then drove all day/night back home in it, so I was pretty attached. I will definitely let you guys know my thoughts about the two cars in the coming days as I get to know the GT better. Until then, here is a pic;
Old 08-29-2006, 10:24 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 PM
03QuicksilverZ06
Burning Brakes

Thanks again to all for the kind words.

I don't want to come across as if I am all bummed out! I like the new car, and am excited to get to know it - just going through some separation anxiety with the Z06 - after all, I drove all night to get it, and then drove all day/night back home in it, so I was pretty attached. I will definitely let you guys know my thoughts about the two cars in the coming days as I get to know the GT better. Until then, here is a pic;
Funny how guys can so attatched to a car , im guilty of that also To bad you had to sell the Z, but the gt 40 is a great car. I can't wait for the comparisons

Get notified of new replies

To I have a confession to make....

Old 08-29-2006, 10:34 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

what r u going to do when the "SS" vette come out?
Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

would have done the same... until a 06 gallardo came along with similar price

great choice...atleast you are getting to experience the beauti of that legandary car...

car looks stunning...
Old 08-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Bobby J
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In other news,

Last edited by Bobby J; 09-14-2006 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] I have a confession to make....