Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] I got a kick out of this... from the Bimmer forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 06:37 PM
ajindfw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMacZ06
Not sure what Porsche forums you're on, but I've never witnessed the ratio being worse here than on one of them. Actually, they are the worst out of any forum.....
Well, maybe the Ferrari and Lamborghini forums have us both beat.

There are so many great cars to choose from and few of us can own all of them.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Hool97
Burning Brakes

That was a funny read. I think these guys and i use the term lightly, confuse the C6Z06 with standard corvettes and the C5Z06. They are not the same. I have 800 flywheel hp in a C5 and i know i could not keep up with a C6Z06 in twisties. Vader13 is one of those people that see a race car win at the track and goes and buys the production version thinking hi is now King of the track. I believe time will place this version of the corvette in it rightful place amongst the best sports car ever produced.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:12 PM
louieT
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by john_sblendorio

I concur with the Bimmer guy...
Old 07-30-2006, 12:22 AM
ajindfw
Racer

Originally Posted by Hool97
That was a funny read. I think these guys and i use the term lightly, confuse the C6Z06 with standard corvettes and the C5Z06. They are not the same. I have 800 flywheel hp in a C5 and i know i could not keep up with a C6Z06 in twisties. Vader13 is one of those people that see a race car win at the track and goes and buys the production version thinking hi is now King of the track. I believe time will place this version of the corvette in it rightful place amongst the best sports car ever produced.
Yeah, kinda funny to watch older cars that were so fast for their time. I remember watching "Sideways Steven" run a Ruf Yellowbird around the 'ring for an at the time jaw-dropping 8:00 run. He throttle steered basically the whole track. Now, seeing OEM cars run 7:xx fully under control, it's easy to forget how far out on the edge the drivers had to go to extract the most out of a car. Drive a C6Z or contemporary Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo (I omit Vipers for now, but we'll probably see a more user-friendly car for '08) and it is EXPECTED that the car will stay under you. Chassis and suspension engineering have evolved incredibly over the past twenty years.

Just a few years ago, my Turbo S, the C5Z and their contemporaries were beyond anything ever built. Now, the C6Z and 997TT raise the bar immeasurably. While I love my car, comparing it or the C5Z in stock form to today's C6Z and 997TT is simply foolish.

Sure, people can modify their cars to be faster than ours, but I kind of like being able to run an 11.xx quarter mile and still have a warranty. They of course like to think that I'm stupid and didn't know that I could make a Honda run a 10.7. If we can afford the cars we drive, we can afford a cheaper, faster car.

When I hear or read of these fools typified by the ignorants on the bimmer forum, I just kind of laugh. No matter what anyone says, every time they pass a car on the freeway, they think that they won a race. You and I can't compete with this because we're the targets and we're just not looking for races on the street as a rule, much less so against stock M3s and Hyundais. I'm not trying to be a snob- what I mean is that the really fast cars go really fast really quickly, and a stupid street race of say, 7-8 seconds can result in jail time and most of us try to avoid jail time. So, yes, a Sonata with cold air intake and rims is faster than my Porsche and faster than your C6Z, and if this level of Zen prevents the kid in the Sonata from t-boning someone while attempting to pass us, then everybody wins.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:39 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 133 Likes on 69 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Inappropriate language

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forum’s software is set up to block certain words and terms we consider to be inappropriate for use on the site. Typically, the words and terms included are those that are crude, vulgar and/or involve racial epithets.

That does not mean the software will block all inappropriate words or phrases. Setting it up to do so would be an exercise in futility because we wouldn’t be able to identify everything that should be included or the exceptions when the term or phrase would be acceptable in a particular context.

Altering the spelling of words/terms to bypass the blocking feature of the software is in conflict with Forum rules. Moderators try to show some tolerance if the word/term is altered enough so as not to be blatant. As a guideline, moderators often will ignore an otherwise inappropriate word or term so long as at least two letters of the word/term have been omitted or changed to symbols.

They cannot ignore words/terms (even with altered spellings) that are used to convey hostility toward other Forum members.

It's also inappropriate, of course, to introduce inappropriate language to the Forum via images or links.

The judgment of moderators will be final in such issues because the moderators are charged with using their best judgment in maintaining a level of civility that ensures the Forum is a fun and friendly place for Corvette enthusiasts to hang around.

Quick Reply: [Z06] I got a kick out of this... from the Bimmer forum