Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My '07 Z is in (PIX); Anyone in Richmond order a Black w/Comp Grey Wheels? It's in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:42 PM
WildBill502
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My '07 Z is in (PIX); Anyone in Richmond order a Black w/Comp Grey Wheels? It's in!

My VY 2007 Z06 was produced this past Tuesday, July 11th at 4:36pm. It was delivered to my dealer in Richmond, VA last night (while I attended my first Corvette Club of Richmond Meeting)!!! I just can't ask for better service than that.

Since the car was purchased through a FL dealer, I next day aired them the check yesterday (Friday). I'll be picking up my Z on Monday... anybody know of good over-the-counter sleeping pills???

Also, if you live in the Richmond, VA area and you ordered a Black Z06w/competition grey wheels... it's in! Last four digits of the black Z's VIN are 0498.

WB

P.S. I stood and watched four young men wash about a half a dozen new cars while I was lusting after my Z. I am SO GLAD that I asked my dealer to have NO ONE WASH MY VETTE!!! What a cluster...

Old 07-15-2006, 11:03 PM
WildBill502
Instructor

Sorry for the duplicate post... not sure how that happened.

WB
Old 07-15-2006, 11:23 PM
kelp
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look like the standard painted or brushed wheels to me. I tried to order comp grey and simply could not.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:50 AM
WildBill502
Instructor

My VY has the standard wheels (polished were on constraint). The black Z is the one with the comp grey wheels and was ordered for someone else.

I was wondering if that someone else was on this forum and I could surprise them with pix of their new black Z.

WB
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
yelloz06
Pro

What Richmond Chevy dealership?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:52 AM
darrahc
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default THAT'S MINE!!! - The black with comp gray wheels.

Got a surprise call from the dealer yesterday that it was in and picked it up last night! Has to be one of the first '07s off the line. Not sure if that was you behind me last night driving my Yellow C6 to the dealer but there was a Yellow Z06 behind me for a couple of miles.

I love the black and gray but can see how the black is going to be a bear to keep clean.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

i ordered something like that on 3/06 in NJ. GIVE ME MY CAR. drive it up here i,ll pay . i want my car waaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM
greenshirt77
Drifting

Originally Posted by WildBill502
...anybody know of good over-the-counter sleeping pills???
Yes, they're in liquid form and they're called vodka tonics.

Congrats from a fellow virginian C6Z owner (Va Beach).
More importantly, good luck getting through the weekend!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
WildBill502
Instructor

Default Update: I picked up the Z

Yelloz06: Whitlow Chevrolet on Midlothian Turnpike is the dealer.

darrahc: I picked up my Velocity Yellow Z06 from Noon to 1:30pm on Monday. I had to leave my other car at Whitlow and come back later that evening to get it. I was back there sometime around 6:00 or 7:00pm, in my Z, and saw the black Z06 w/comp grey wheels out front ready for delivery to it's new owner. A salesman outfront told me that the new owners were inside doing paperwork and had just driven down from New Jersey. They drove down in a C6 Coupe that they apparently were trading in on the Z06. Your avitar says Richmond, VA, though. Could that be you???

The car is awesome, by the way. I took delivery of the car with no detailing done to it. We removed the plastic and drove it away. I put 103 miles on it Monday. What SUCKS is that I had to leave Tuesday for a business meeting in Dallas ALL WEEK!!!

Well, I couldn't sleep a lick Monday night. So I gave up at 2:30am and backed the Z out into the driveway and washed it, clay-barred it, washed it again, then Z-2'd it. I finished up at 6:00am. I then slept like a baby from about 6:15am to 7:30am knowing the car was spotless!!!

I have an appointment for Monday to get the car 3M Clear Bra'd. If anyone is in the Richmond, VA area you MUST talk to Lewis Ward the owner of Concours Auto Detailing on Broad Street (just west of Parham Road). His number is 804-747-0130. He always has MANY exotic cars there that he is doing various things to and has also done three C6 Z06's already with 3M. He Clear Bra'd my wife's motorcycle and has detailed our cars as well. He also does wet sanding and explained the process, as they perform it, to me. I was quoted a very fair price for the 3M and he is covering ALL the problem areas and more (like the first 6" of the roof, inside of door handle area, etc.).

WB

Last edited by WildBill502; 07-19-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To My '07 Z is in (PIX); Anyone in Richmond order a Black w/Comp Grey Wheels? It's in!

Quick Reply: [Z06] My '07 Z is in (PIX); Anyone in Richmond order a Black w/Comp Grey Wheels? It's in!