Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LG Motorsports... It's a SPEED TRAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:34 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Motorsports... It's a SPEED TRAP!!

I tell ya it's a SPEED TRAP that LG Bunch are:

1.) Either LG is in business with the local police and getting a cut of the action on any tickets they write out.

2.) Perhaps there are no local policemen and it's LG's bunch of interns who are out generating extra income dressed up as policemen.

3.) Maybe LG is just an innocent shop being used as bait by the crafty local police to draw in Z owners like a fish to a lure!

4.) Or perhaps I will find myself as well as others on some new hidden camera TV show which features the awkwardness of driving 30 miles an hour in a Z to a world renowned SPEED SHOP! HA! HA! HA!

5.) Could be that the local cops are getting so tired of seeing Z's come and go around LG's shop they are hoping to confiscate one from some poor unsuspecting NFL player who make have some coke in the glove box. (A statistically high probability around here)

At any rate, I have to ask myself is it worth the cost of a ticket to get over to LG's shop? Yea I guess it is, the officer was nice and told me that a road ahead had some loose tar gravel on it and he suggested a detour.

Nice guy this cop right, well I took the detour he suggested and guess what? Yep he was setting there in the shade of a big oak tree waiting for me to drive though his radar again. This time I was only doing 3 mph over.

I did notice the oddest thing, I swear he had a LG Motorsports sticker on his windshield!

Mark Brown owner of the twins! Soon to be triplets!

PS Next time I'm riding my bike over there, note to self - buy a bike.

Last edited by markbrown; 06-23-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 PM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking the same thing the othe day when I drove by their speed trap. Must be in cahoots.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Ross Racing
Instructor

I don't think its strange for cops to hang out near performance shops or especially race tracks. I have seen it time and time again
Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I'll venture over there sooner or later, where is the trap? I assume it's on 78. I can go down the Bush (no jokes) or I can sneak in the back way (once again, no jokes).

Jay
Old 06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Timmy!
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ross Racing
I don't think its strange for cops to hang out near performance shops or especially race tracks. I have seen it time and time again
I always see cops around our local dragstrip - just waiting for someone to get that one last little bit of adrenaline out. Cops aren't stupid!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

Default THERE everywhere!

Originally Posted by crease-guard
Since I'll venture over there sooner or later, where is the trap? I assume it's on 78. I can go down the Bush (no jokes) or I can sneak in the back way (once again, no jokes).

Jay

on 78, in and on the bush , and the back roads, fact LG is surrounded by cops! serious i think thats why they are moving to plano = YEA!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:39 AM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet!!! they are moving to Plano?? No, NO NOOO!!! There goes my allowance.

Jay

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports... It's a SPEED TRAP!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] LG Motorsports... It's a SPEED TRAP!!