Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] anyone here recognize this red C6 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 02:08 PM
TetraU
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-24-2006, 05:44 PM
davek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by masz06
smells like a road-rage incident to me..... perhaps now looking for the car / driver to do what (i.e. some damage)?
yeah,

it was road rage, not directed at me, but I almost got some Z06 red paint on my daily driver's fender in the fall out!

I also know that it got the attention (road we were on is monitored 24/7 w/CCTV) of those who will take action next time he makes himself available, and don't ask how I know.

not everyone on the road knows a Z06 is 500hp, but using it to insert yourself between traffic (multiple times) on a 2 lane limited access (cement barriers on both sides) isn't the way to keep his Z06 in one piece!

I just thought he was a member, and I happened to come to a stop after his display! I wouldn't even consider pulling out a cell phone or a camera on the limited access highway we had just exited.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:07 PM
TheJimer
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SilentFright
I rarely drive like all the other drivers on the road. I usually like to distance myself from the pack a bit to avoid any potential morons on the road. If that means speeding then I speed. So I guess the original poster is some sort of saint when it comes to driving his F-body.
I absolutely agree and I don’t understand the point of his post! I wonder how he would like it if someone posted a picture of him walking into the cockpit and implied that the FAA should check this guy’s breath?

Tin, get a life!

Save the Wave

Jim
Old 06-24-2006, 07:22 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Old 06-24-2006, 07:24 PM
robbin
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I absolutely agree and I don’t understand the point of his post! I wonder how he would like it if someone posted a picture of him walking into the cockpit and implied that the FAA should check this guy’s breath?

Tin, get a life!

Save the Wave

Jim
Yeah I agree. Sure don't want to be in a country full of snoopy informers always threatening people with the law in order to settle their private score when no one was hurt. hmmm..sound like 50's Russia. I get cut off a little every day and I would vastly prefer our freedom to the all grey world of, what did he say, driving like everyone else? Ugh. And, DaveK, what is with all those threads you started with test tst etc. What are you testing other than people's patience?

Last edited by robbin; 06-24-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:39 PM
davek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I don’t understand the point of his post!
if you don't understand, then save your breathe?

I wonder how he would like it if someone posted a picture of him walking into the cockpit and implied that the FAA should check this guy’s breath?
ah, don't look now, but they already do!

Tin, get a life!
you have no idea of why I asked if anyone here knew the C5, conjure all you want, but you haven't seen the tapes, and really don't know why I'm asking, so why the frump?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:45 PM
davek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robbin
Yeah I agree. Sure don't want to be in a country full of snoopy informers
neither do I, but face it, your on camera more than you know in any major city.

always threatening people with the law in order to settle their private score when no one was hurt.
this part is yours, cause no threats have been proffered.

hmmm..sound like 50's Russia. I get cut off a little every day and I would vastly prefer our freedom to the all grey world of, what did he say, driving like everyone else? Ugh.
wouldn't know about 50's russia...

And, DaveK, what is with all those threads you started with test tst etc.
evar need to test a url? conspiracy theory's abound around here?

maybe OT is right about this side of the fence?

What are you testing other than people's patience?
was this all about a free post for you?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:16 PM
robbin
Advanced

All this yapping and you still haven't said exactly what happened and what you want. Most people here are sympathetic to a straight shooter who had a bad experience. But this is a car enthusiast forum not a wooly identification exercise of who might have done something wrong in your view.

If it was so terrible and you had a cop behind you at the place you say you were stopped or where the corvette was turning at the stop light right in front of you I am absolutely amazed you didn't flag the cop down and have him arrest the guy rather than vaguely implying things here about how terrible it was.

And yes I am asking you directly how you do know what you stated here WITHOUT any threat:

"I also know that it got the attention (road we were on is monitored 24/7 w/CCTV) of those who will take action next time he makes himself available, and don't ask how I know."

Also what vague sinister reference to tape are you making--since clearly if you wouldn't even pull out your cell phone you weren't the one taping the event and if you had a passanger why weren't they pulling out their cell phone? Is this the famous CCTV tape?

If you have something that deserves help say it outright otherwise stop snooping around for what people here know or don't about owners of cars.

Last edited by robbin; 06-24-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:45 PM
davek
Burning Brakes

All this yapping and you still haven't said exactly what happened and what you want.
reading is fundamental!

Originally Posted by davek
anyone here recognize this red C6 Z06?
Most people here are sympathetic to a straight shooter who had a bad experience. But this is a car enthusiast forum not a wooly identification exercise of who might have done something wrong in your view.
you have no idea of the message I'd like to transmit to the driver, and it's not my view, although I do have an opinion.

If it was so terrible and you had a cop behind you at the place you say you were stopped or where the corvette was turning at the stop light right in front of you I am absolutely amazed you didn't flag the cop down and have him arrest the guy rather than vaguely implying things here about how terrible it was.
assumptions are dangerous!

And yes I am asking you directly how you do know what you stated here WITHOUT any threat:

"I also know that it got the attention (road we were on is monitored 24/7 w/CCTV) of those who will take action next time he makes himself available, and don't ask how I know."
there is a threat, not from me, not to you or to me.

Also what vague sinister reference to tape are you making--since clearly if you wouldn't even pull out your cell phone you weren't the one taping the event and if you had a passanger why weren't they pulling out their cell phone? Is this the famous CCTV tape?

If you have something that deserves help say it outright otherwise stop snooping around for what people here know or don't about owners of cars.
again, you have assumed that I made the tape, wrong assumption again.

it's apparent that no one here knows this Z06, sorry for your time!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:05 PM
robbin
Advanced

Still no candor. And apparently there certainly is a threat to him coming from your myterioussources of authority through YOU or perhaps your message or even with our assistance if we tell you anything. Reading is fundamental which is why I asked if the tape was the CCTV tape after negating that it could, under your own words have been made by you---again a question you choose not to answer. So yes without disclosure of the threat, the meassage, the interest of the gendarmes, what you plan to do, why you didn't stop the cop (explaining assumptions which should be easy to do if you were fully candid) what tape you saw how you know about the CCTV tape etc. etc. etc. you are wasting our time and I would be stunned if anyone should be foolish enough to give you any information here. Maybe you just want to warn him about the dangers from the authorities he may be in (even if not because of you) but your tone and refusal to say something as simple as that make me very dubious as do your amazingly altruistic thoughts of snapping his picture right after you had an apparently scarry driving experience in order to let him know a cop could have seen him.

Last edited by robbin; 06-24-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:49 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by davek
local gendarme might be intersted in his driving this morning!

seems he couldn't keep his 500 hp in check and drive like others!

[thread title: anyone here recognize this red C6 Z06?]

Last edited by TrackNoob; 06-24-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:00 PM
MrHiPerf
Racer

put it back TrackNoob !!!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

You want to hear my take on it? I believe th eoriginal poster was just being neighborly by telling whoever the owner of this car was, that the cops are looking for him. What's wrong with that?

Some of you guys are just too much.

Quick Reply: [Z06] anyone here recognize this red C6 Z06?